Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

LeighM

Close again lol. I'm there Apr 27-29 (tentatively scheduled for value until discounts come out later), cruise on the Dream from Apr 29-May 3, then AKL May 3-4 thanks to my wonderful SIL letting us purchase some of her points for one night.

becca_

Original Poster
Close again lol. I'm there Apr 27-29 (tentatively scheduled for value until discounts come out later), cruise on the Dream from Apr 29-May 3, then AKL May 3-4 thanks to my wonderful SIL letting us purchase some of her points for one night.
Double dipping! I love it! One day :inlove:

becca_

Original Poster
I'm so jealous you got to see the end of the Flower and Garden Festival! That is definitely on my bucket list!
It was so nice to be able to see the "leftovers" especially because we were supposed to go the week before and F & G would still be going on!
Omg! That second rainbow looks like it's coming out of the tower in Italy!
It looked like that in person, so many people were taking lots of pics! I definitely have more coming :angelic:
Cronut! Yum yum yum! I haven’t had breakfast yet and I want that cronut right now! That snack is at the top of our snack list on our July trip.
So yummmmmy! It is now a treat I MUST have. Next time I want to try it with ice cream. This trip the IC machine was down!
This is a really cool picture! It looks like the rainbow is coming out of the tower in Italy!! Either that, or there is a pot of gold at VIa Napoli!
Thank you!! I think there is a pot of gold at Via Napoli... (but its pronounced PIZZA)

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot con't:
We were just sort of walking around since we didn't have a lot of time before Illuminations started and we weren't sure how many people were going to be in the FP area.
IMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1092.jpg
IMG_1093.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg
IMG_1097.jpg

It was a beautiful night! It cooled down a bit but I only noticed being "cold" when it was breezy.
IMG_1098.jpg
IMG_1099.jpg

We noticed lots of people lining up for the FP so we got in line
IMG_1100.jpg

Soon the sun set and we watched - although they did give everyone a warning about how the shells can sometimes fall into the viewing area especially since it was windy. I watched (in horror) as people let their children run around WITHOUT SHOES ON!!! There were lots of ash/fireworks shells that were red hot falling into the viewing area so I don't understand why people were letting their kids do that.
IMG_1105.jpg

I only took a few pictures - but I really like this one :joyfull:

Next - the end of a great Epcot day!

LeighM

Your comment about kids running around Epcot without shoes during fireworks reminded me of the time I saw a couple of kids running around the bathroom without shoes. Now I know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but it's just sooooo gross LOL. I was a child who absolutely hated wearing shoes and socks (still do actually!) but once I understood about germs and what exactly was on that floor, I started wearing shoes real quick :joyfull: And related to that, I was in a local breakfast joint lately where two people in separate parties (one a man and the other woman) took their sandals off and then put their bare, stinky summer feet up on the bench across from them. Did I mention I don't really like looking at feet LOL?

becca_

Original Poster
Your comment about kids running around Epcot without shoes during fireworks reminded me of the time I saw a couple of kids running around the bathroom without shoes. Now I know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but it's just sooooo gross LOL. I was a child who absolutely hated wearing shoes and socks (still do actually!) but once I understood about germs and what exactly was on that floor, I started wearing shoes real quick :joyfull: And related to that, I was in a local breakfast joint lately where two people in separate parties (one a man and the other woman) took their sandals off and then put their bare, stinky summer feet up on the bench across from them. Did I mention I don't really like looking at feet LOL?
I agree!! It is so gross - all I can think about is getting a wart or worse, someone dropped a needle in the bathroom (like for insulin/etc) or at a restaurant where 1000s of people sit!! Ahh!! So gross. I try to always keep my shoes on LOL

LeighM

I agree!! It is so gross - all I can think about is getting a wart or worse, someone dropped a needle in the bathroom (like for insulin/etc) or at a restaurant where 1000s of people sit!! Ahh!! So gross. I try to always keep my shoes on LOL

I don't even walk barefoot on the resort floor LOL. I always pack flip flops to wear around the room. And I disinfect the tub before I take a shower :)

sheriffwoody

:depressed: No shoes in the bathroom makes me squirm inside. I don't even let my bare feet touch the floor when I'm changing at the gym :hilarious: I work at a college, and there is this weird subset of students who never wear shoes like they're hippies or something. It's the most annoying, grossest thing ever. I don't hide my look of disgust when I see them, but I'm sure that's what they want...the attention :cautious:

becca_

Original Poster
:depressed: No shoes in the bathroom makes me squirm inside. I don't even let my bare feet touch the floor when I'm changing at the gym :hilarious: I work at a college, and there is this weird subset of students who never wear shoes like they're hippies or something. It's the most annoying, grossest thing ever. I don't hide my look of disgust when I see them, but I'm sure that's what they want...the attention :cautious:
Hahaha that totally reminds me... so I live at school and in my building I lived in last year we had an ABP on the first floor (Au Bon Pain). This kid who lived on my floor would go barefoot in his robe to get food :hungover::hungover: like whattttttt?

becca_

Original Poster
Finishing up at Epcot -
IMG_1111.jpg

If you know me... you know I had to take 1000 pictures of SSE so here are a few of my "best" ;)
IMG_1112.jpg
IMG_1114.jpg
IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1117.jpg
IMG_1118.jpg
IMG_1124.jpg

And with that, we headed out.
IMG_1128.jpg

As soon as we got there a bus pulled on up! See ya, Epcot! Showers & bed were in order for both of us!

Next - a Magic Kingdom morning!

LeighM

I still cringe when I remember the women at the gym that would take a shower without shoes - in a gym shower!! The shower floor would even look dirty :hungover:

susan lees

Ha ha I don't even like looking at my own feet :arghh:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom