Unique experiences at Contemporary?

KCheatle

Original Poster
Hi! We are staying at Contemp for the first time in awhile this November. We know from stays at WL that someone is chosen to raise the flag every day, which is a fun little extra magic at that hotel. Anyone aware of any fun little extra magical experiences at Contemp?

zurgandfriend

I do not know of any family activities similar to the flag raising however, the Contemporary is my favorite resort because it has the following.

The Grand Canyon Concourse where the rooms open out, nothing like leaving your room and seeing the monorail go by.
Renovated rooms – 10 years ago
A mural with a five legged goat.
Walking distance to the magic Kingdom.
Two pools.
Close to Bay Lake with numerous water activities.
Restaurants in the resort – California Grill, The Wave, Chef Mickey’s & The Contempo Café with other great restaurants a monorail ride away.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
To say nothing of the other restaurants a boat ride away, boats go from Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge (Artist Point, Whispering Canyon) and Fort WIlderness (Trail's End, Hoop De Do).

You can walk to the bus hub at MK and pretty much resort hop anywhere in "world". Don't think there is any other property where you can do that as conveniently.

DisAl

Hi! We are staying at Contemp for the first time in awhile this November. We know from stays at WL that someone is chosen to raise the flag every day, which is a fun little extra magic at that hotel. Anyone aware of any fun little extra magical experiences at Contemp?
We were at WL a few weeks ago. They no longer do the family flag raising thing.

MaryJaneP

As CR is our fav, we agree with all the foregoing and would add fireworks from either Cali Grill or 4th floor outdoor concourse deck and mickey ears sculpture between CR and docks. Also can't beat watching EWP from pool at CR (although this may be too late for pool to be open now, as it was when we did it) We were there when North Garden Wing (now BLT) was still in use.

nickys

Premium Member
Another unique thing about the Contemporary is that it has a lake on both sides of it. The views whether towards the 7 seas lagoon or Bay Lake are amazing.

I love taking the boat right around Bay Lake. I'll do a complete loop, then another hop to WL where I could (and have) happily spend a whole morning exploring the grounds, getting a coffee and cupcake and finding a comfy sofa or rocking chair upstarirs overlooking the lobby. And looking in the Carolwood Pacific Room over at BRV. Or the same idea at FW, looking at the stables and the museum there.

And being able to hop over to MK after the fireworks when there's EMH. Or just head over after the RD crush and stroll around the park with no plans at all, just riding what's available, heading over to TSI and so on.

Exactly like I do when at the Beach Club with Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom