Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

ThemeParkTraveller

With that staggering budget, I would hope each of the three mini-lands has an E-ticket attraction. Interesting that they felt the need to add yet another hotel within TDS. Not a huge fan of the initial design- it looks too blocky like all of Disney's recent hotel constructions (SDL, HKDL) and reminds me of the Atlantis resort. Really curious about the direction they will go for the interior of the hotel if they intend to make it feel more luxurious than the MiraCosta and TDL Hotel.

Voxel

President of Progress City
No but if Tokyo announced a new monorail for next year, why is WDW's new monorail informally announced for POST-2021? Just a thought.
Partially to the Manufacture choices I would assume.
WDW has used Bombardier traditionally. Bombardier is currently behind with their current contracts. It also doesn't help that the WDW line is non standard so a more custom solution is needed.

Meanwhile Tokyo uses Hitatchi Rail to construct their monorails and don't reflect a completely custom look. (The Tokyo monorail looks like other Monorails in Japan in terms of her front) I also believe that the Tokyo Resort line uses a standard sizing found in other Monorail lines that Hitachi builds for. So it's possibly possible they can knock out the frame quickly with little or no modifications.

ThemeParkTraveller

That's disappointing for the other parks. According to the article, they are even keeping the same layout as Maelstrom in the Paris and Hong Kong versions. Seems a wasted opportunity to not do something greater with the ride given they don't face the same restrictions as Epcot did.

I am glad to read that Tokyo is getting something more lavish and E-ticket worthy, although personally I would have preferred the original trackless attraction instead of the boat ride they opted for in the new plans (especially with Tangled and Peter Pan also getting boat rides of their own).

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

I am glad to read that Tokyo is getting something more lavish and E-ticket worthy, although personally I would have preferred the original trackless attraction instead of the boat ride they opted for in the new plans (especially with Tangled and Peter Pan also getting boat rides of their own).
I'm guessing they want to diferentiate this land from Fantasyland as much as possible.
Fantasyland has both Pooh and BatB as trackless.

Water rides will help make this land connect more with the rest of TDS

ThemeParkTraveller

I'm guessing they want to diferentiate this land from Fantasyland as much as possible.
Fantasyland has both Pooh and BatB as trackless.

Water rides will help make this land connect more with the rest of TDS

That's a good point. I still hope TDS gets a trackless dark ride at some point in the future. Something like Mystic Manor would fit quite nicely on the now free expansion pad beside Indy.

BrianLo

I have a feeling Tom's document is just a scene description... which was already well circulated.

We highly suspect a modified ride system for capacity sake. I'd expect more of the classical subtle differences between the rides as opposed to an out and out Little Mermaid clone situation. The ride building shape and size does not suggest an identical 1:1 clone.

Even if it hews very closely at this point and the Tokyo version is way better, the addition of the coaster concept to HKDL helps round out the land enough to make it still worthwhile.

Jose

I only have one question... one ride of Peter Pan over at TDL and two others at TDS? That's too much, right? I hope Peter Pan's flight has nothing to do with what's to come at TDS.

ThemeParkTraveller

I only have one question... one ride of Peter Pan over at TDL and two others at TDS? That's too much, right? I hope Peter Pan's flight has nothing to do with what's to come at TDS.

It does seem a bit redundant to have almost identically themed attractions in both parks, but I have a feeling that Peter Pan's Flight won't survive the next phase of expansions at TDL. After the Beauty and the Beast area opens, there will be a very stark contrast between that elaborately themed section and the old Fantasyland (specifically the cheap carnival tent facades). The renovation of this entire area was initially planned for this upcoming phase but has been postponed until further notice. When that does eventually happen, I can see them removing all traces of Peter Pan from Fantasyland (not including it's a small world).

Jose

It does seem a bit redundant to have almost identically themed attractions in both parks, but I have a feeling that Peter Pan's Flight won't survive the next phase of expansions at TDL. After the Beauty and the Beast area opens, there will be a very stark contrast between that elaborately themed section and the old Fantasyland (specifically the cheap carnival tent facades). The renovation of this entire area was initially planned for this upcoming phase but has been postponed until further notice. When that does eventually happen, I can see them removing all traces of Peter Pan from Fantasyland (not including it's a small world).
that makes totally sense! Thank you! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom