The great stroller dilema

Stitchiegrl23

Original Poster
This visit our youngest is 2.5 almost 3 (had to sneak in that last no ticket visit for her before to late) and I know from last yr. and previous visits with our now 10 yr old she will DEFINITELY need a stroller. Trust and believe I am not a parent who thinks "oh maybe she will be alright"...no she will not!! That being daid looking for advice on which strollers have you found work best for larger toddlers???
We have are larger stroller(came w her travel system) that gives her more room and the lay back feature and while its not hard to close...because of the bulkiness I think it will be a little ruff using just the bus system via our value resort.
Now we have a pretty good umbrella type stoller we took last yr but has far less room and when she'd knock out for a nap she always looked so uncomfortable as it doesnt recline.
Briefly considered renting a stroller but to me not worth the cost. If any one has advice recommendations or a decently priced alternative stroller give me a shout!!!!!

RememberWhen

We rented a city mini from one of the stroller rental places. Easy to fold and wasn’t as difficult to deal with on the busses as we thought it would be. If you have a comfortable stroller you like, I’d say bring that one. We’re on Baby two and bought a city mini since we liked it so much at Disney. We’re bringing it for our next trip.

dreamfinder

They stand a decent chance of getting trashed on the airplane. So the $70-80 or so most of the 3rd party rentals will charge you for a week is well worth it. Just did a quick price check on BuyBuyBaby, and they have umbrella strollers for $20, and then beefier/larger models jump into the $60-70 range. So for about the cost of a stroller you may not want/need since you already have one, why not just do a rental? You don't have to lug it through the airport, and you know it will work when you get there instead of possibly finding a broken stroller waiting for you on the gateway.

JMcMahonEsq

We did one of the cheaper umbrella strollers for our last trip down. I had rented a jazzy scooter for my mother in law which helped a ton as the kids took turns riding with her. However for $20 bucks or so, we found the umbrella stroller to be perfect for what I will call emergency rest periods but not needed for all day carrying. At the price we actually just left the stroller down at the hotel after we left, as we don't need it on a day to day basis.

carriebeth

after having my brand new very very expensive double stroller waiting for us at the gate of the plane totally trashed, I will never fly with a stroller again. First of all airlines are responsible for lost items not damaged so oh well too bad for you. ALso, when you arrive in FL with no servicable double stroller you face having 2 children without a stroller. We had to find a dealer near orlando and have parts delivered to us...expensive parts....
Renting from a place like Kingdom Strollers is so worth it. we just consider it part of the expense of the trip and a couple or few hunderd extra dollars for the couple strollers we need for all our kids added on to the over all cost of the whole trip is like nothing and its worry and hassle free

Chars0704

We have a city mini and took it with us. Can you see if you can get one on FB or something? I’ve seen them in my local Facebook market for like $50.

DiSnEyF@n

They stand a decent chance of getting trashed on the airplane. So the $70-80 or so most of the 3rd party rentals will charge you for a week is well worth it. Just did a quick price check on BuyBuyBaby, and they have umbrella strollers for $20, and then beefier/larger models jump into the $60-70 range. So for about the cost of a stroller you may not want/need since you already have one, why not just do a rental? You don't have to lug it through the airport, and you know it will work when you get there instead of possibly finding a broken stroller waiting for you on the gateway.
^^^^ what they said.....
I am renting a double city mini stroller from kingdomstrollers.com
The stroller, if I buy it, is almost $600, renting it for 10 days (they drop it off and pick it up from my hotel) is only $120 tops and it comes with a plastic rain shield. Can’t beat the price... it’s for my 21 month old and 4.5 year old.

Minthorne

That's hilarious. A 10 year old in a stroller? Congratulations, you're one of those parents.

Congratulations - you failed reading ;) You are one of those people.

Can you try again and see who the stroller is for?
This visit our youngest is 2.5 almost 3 (had to sneak in that last no ticket visit for her before to late) and I know from last yr. and previous visits with our now 10 yr old she will DEFINITELY need a stroller.

Last edited:

The Mom

Premium Member
That's hilarious. A 10 year old in a stroller? Congratulations, you're one of those parents.
6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.

ninjaprincesst

I honestly feel if you are using the buses you should rent a stroller at the parks, unless you have a small umbrella type, the take up huge amounts of room on the bus and it never fails they end up slamming into someone else during the trip. As you said the umbrella is not real comfortable for the child. And to the person making the crack about a 10 year old in a stroller, the OP never said she was putting her 10 year old in a stroller, but if the did so what? 10 year olds get tired, its a lot of walking so if they fit in the stroller who cares?

RememberWhen

I honestly feel if you are using the buses you should rent a stroller at the parks, unless you have a small umbrella type, the take up huge amounts of room on the bus and it never fails they end up slamming into someone else during the trip. As you said the umbrella is not real comfortable for the child. And to the person making the crack about a 10 year old in a stroller, the OP never said she was putting her 10 year old in a stroller, but if the did so what? 10 year olds get tired, its a lot of walking so if they fit in the stroller who cares?
The trouble is, if you need a stroller, you probably need it just as much outside the parks. We do a ton of walking outside the parks. The walk to the bus stop can be long with a tired kiddo. Then the walk from the bus stop to the furthest hallway at Boardwalk is endless. We really do need the stroller for those times. We do try to be super careful on the busses, but when we’re crammed in like sardines sometimes we have bumped people. Everyone (hopefully) is trying their best to have a nice vacation without ruining anyone else’s.

Club Cooloholic

We always had a Citi mini double. The thing folds very flat, could fit in pretty much any trunk, we rented one first then loved it so much we bought one. Any time we took a bus we always had it folded and ready before boarding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom