News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agree....pole just happened to catch my eye from that angle.
You can definitely see it from there. I was just pointing out the irony...as Disney fans we all have fully accepted the monorail cruising past since it’s been there since park open, but the gondola poles sticking up behind the buildings are a distraction. I’m not calling you out personally, I am the biggest offender. Same goes for the Soarin building. You can see it from World Showcase but nobody seems to mind seeing the giant golf ball.

Incomudro

Well, it's a good feeling to know that a 94 degree day won't feel any higher than 95.5 degrees in the gondola. :cautious:

This reminds me...
I rode the SI Ferry to and from work for over twenty years.
Coworkers would often say to me; "It must be so nice in the summer."
No.
The ferry has no A/C, it's nice on a nice dry day.
But out on the harbor on a hot, clammy NYC summer day - it's hot and clammy with a breeze.
Still uncomfortable.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am not worried about the towers and the view i am more worried about guardians gravity building. Go away green isn't going to fix that one

Difference is you can make a building into something cool.... the towers are exactly as you see them now. You can’t do a whole lot of covering or changing their shape. Plus you have these cabins floating by.

Guardians shouldn’t be a concern unless Disney completely blows it. It’s actually an exciting thing to see what they do with it.

The towers are like taxes...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Difference is you can make a building into something cool.... the towers are exactly as you see them now. You can’t do a whole lot of covering or changing their shape. Plus you have these cabins floating by.

Guardians shouldn’t be a concern unless Disney completely blows it. It’s actually an exciting thing to see what they do with it.

The towers are like taxes...
Agreed. The show buildings in Futureworld were always in view by design. They need to make the building visually interesting but as long as that happens it should fit right in. There’s no need to try to hide it.

cosmicgirl

The section showing the towers confirms that some of the "nubs" are, as @MisterPenguin and @Lensman said - attachment points - for ladders, platforms and other items.
Not quite. During the close-up at 5:34 you can see that the ladders are attached nowhere near any nubs at the bottom and above the nubs at the top. By following the horizontal marks on the tower you can see that it's above the nubs. Maybe they were used as grips for a rope or cable when lifting the segments during assembly. They could loop the rope around and the nubs would keep the rope from sliding up when they lift the segment. They always appear to be near the top of the narrowest part of the tower so gravity would ensure that the segment is upright when lifted.

nubs.png

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Not quite. During the close-up at 5:34 you can see that the ladders are attached nowhere near any nubs at the bottom and above the nubs at the top. By following the horizontal marks on the tower you can see that it's above the nubs. Maybe they were used as grips for a rope or cable when lifting the segments during assembly. They could loop the rope around and the nubs would keep the rope from sliding up when they lift the segment. They always appear to be near the top of the narrowest part of the tower so gravity would ensure that the segment is upright when lifted.

View attachment 290843
Well, swap the letters around and the "NUBS" become "BUNS."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom