Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
I you love LWTL, I think you really would have loved original Epcot. It was really something to behold. It's still a beautiful park.
I agree - I am excited to see where Epcot is headed. Personally I think the addition of Ratatouille and GotG will make Epcot "well rounded". Also I'll be 21 the next time I go so it'll definitely be better for me :hilarious::hilarious:

geekza

I agree - I am excited to see where Epcot is headed. Personally I think the addition of Ratatouille and GotG will make Epcot "well rounded". Also I'll be 21 the next time I go so it'll definitely be better for me :hilarious::hilarious:
Drinking around the World definitely makes Mission: Space a whole new experience. lol I'm excited about Ratatouille. Guardians... Well... I have my memories and lots of pictures and videos of old-school Future World. It's not for me, but I hope that it turns out to be something that is worth what is being lost. Not that Ellen's Energy Adventure wasn't ready for the scrap heap. I just wish they had found a way to keep that amazing prehistoric section.

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot con't:
When I say it was a beautiful day, I mean it!
IMG_0879.jpg
IMG_0881.jpg

Like are you serious!! :inlove:

World Showcase was prettttyy empty. I think most guests assume since it opens at 11, so does Frozen. Frozen opens with the park, I believe.
IMG_0884.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg

This was my first time going through standby! It was cool and nice to not waste a FP on this! We ended up waiting 25 minutes but it was okay since we had time before our TT FP.
IMG_0888.jpg
IMG_1892.JPG

We did not get very wet but the lady behind me was like yelling that she got soaked. When she got up she didn't look wet at all :hilarious: Some people man!

Next stop was the bathrooms before our TT FP.
IMG_0895.jpg
IMG_0896.jpg
IMG_0898.jpg

SO GLAD these guys were still up!! :joyfull::joyfull: My favorite topiary!!

Next - more Epcot!

becca_

Original Poster
Yeah, that does help!! :)
Not that I'd know or anything, just taking a wild guess!
Drinking around the World definitely makes Mission: Space a whole new experience. lol I'm excited about Ratatouille. Guardians... Well... I have my memories and lots of pictures and videos of old-school Future World. It's not for me, but I hope that it turns out to be something that is worth what is being lost. Not that Ellen's Energy Adventure wasn't ready for the scrap heap. I just wish they had found a way to keep that amazing prehistoric section.
Haha I will have to .. maybe.. try that out. I totally agree about the Dinos! Maybe somehow they'll keep them around, not betting on it though :confused:

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot con't:
IMG_0901.jpg
IMG_0905.jpg
IMG_0907.jpg

We waited for like 10 minutes to see if a monorail would come but it didn't so we moved on to TT.
IMG_0908.jpg
IMG_0909.jpg

We did not win but we were only 1 point away!
IMG_1893.JPG

Funny story - the lady in front of us was actually on our bus in the morning and my mom wouldn't stop talking about how much she loved her shirt and her haircut... so when we saw her again I was like "Mom look its your best friend!!" She laughed :)
IMG_0912.jpg

Time for some shopping!!
IMG_0913.jpg
IMG_0914.jpg

I gave in and bought something I've had my eye on for a while... $55 (minus whatever discount I got) later and behold!
IMG_0915.jpg

Next - more Epcot and a first time for everything!

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot con't:
IMG_0916.jpg

I am still happy about this purchase. No ragrets!!! (If you don't know why a 20 year old can't spell, try watching We're The Millers) It also matches my wallet that I bought for myself with my tax return. Mr. Mouse is taking all of my money!

Now for a first time..
IMG_0918.jpg
IMG_0920.jpg

Inspired by @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek we headed to the DVC lounge which proved to be a great experience because while walking there it started drizzling!
IMG_0921.jpg
IMG_1894.jpg

It was a great 20 minutes spent relaxing in the AC. Still weird that they have to tell you to keep your shoes on...

We left and headed to get a snack I must get each Epcot visit.
IMG_0923.jpg
IMG_0924.jpg
IMG_0925.jpg

What a beaut! The main reason for going to that kiosk was my slushy though :)
IMG_0926.jpg

We ate and I sipped, then headed to the bathroom.
IMG_0928.jpg

Look @Tuvalu - Epcot bathroom flowers :joyfull:

Next - more Epcot!

Doc Disney

f you can't read it, it says "I am brave. I am fearless. I am kind. I am courageous. I will work hard. I will always see the light. And fill the world with sunshine. My voice is my own. My reflection is my warrior. I will follow my own path. And choose my own adventure. I am a shooting star. I will wish, I will believe. I will dream it, I will do it. I am a Disney Princess" like how adorable is that!! For $250 though... as a college student... I will pass on buying for now:hilarious:

Sometimes they sell something similar at Kirklands :) for way cheaper

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot con't:
We headed towards the front of the park to go use our next FP which was for SSE!
IMG_0929.jpg
IMG_0930.jpg
IMG_0931.jpg
IMG_0932.jpg
IMG_0933.jpg
IMG_0934.jpg
IMG_0935.jpg

It was here when I overheard a woman telling her husband (I assume), "Hey look! That ball is Soarin'!!" :bored:
Hm, okay sure! Whatever you say lady :bookworm:
IMG_0936.jpg

No Siemens sign!
IMG_0938.jpg

A very sweaty and frizzy mess!
IMG_0945.jpg

I tried sticking my tongue out but apparently that doesn't work... :hilarious:

Next - more Epcot

MinnieM123

Premium Member
. . . and in that it's a recorded spiel now, as opposed to a live cast member. I do miss them. It was nice to be able to ask them questions about what we were seeing.

I also thought the CM on the boat gave the ride an even better experience. I'd pick a live interactive discussion with a CM any day, over a recorded spiel.

Still, I love The Land--thank goodness it's still there.

geekza

I tried sticking my tongue out but apparently that doesn't work... :hilarious:
It looks like you're eating a hacky sack. lol
Still, I love The Land--thank goodness it's still there.
Absolutely! It has always been one of my favorites. It's so relaxing and also still quite relevant 35 years later. Typing the end of that sentence just made a few more gray hairs appear on my head.

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot con't:
After looking into our future, we headed for a photoshoot!
IMG_0947.jpg
IMG_0948.jpg
IMG_0949.jpg

I had to do it for the 'gram as the kiddos say.

Then Mom wanted a turn
IMG_0953.jpg
IMG_0954.jpg

She was yelling about how "young" this pose made her feel :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Next up - some PP pictures
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411771706264.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411771746747.JPG

After that, we headed into the Art of Disney to go look for something for my mom's office.
IMG_0957.jpg

She found this little guy! We came back later to purchase it.

Then we headed to World Showcase for some adventuring and lunch!
IMG_0958.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg

We stopped here for some AC because it was getting super toasty!
Next - more Epcot!

becca_

Original Poster
Real life update (cause I like sharing fun news with all of my internet friends) - I quit my job :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: but got a new one :hungover: I used to work in an office doing boring work like filing and printing and labeling. All boring but for 11.75/hour it paid the bills! I recently accepted a full time nanny job :happy: which is way more exciting than sitting at a desk all day!! So yay for me. Daniel and I celebrated by going out to eat today :joyfull:

Back to the more interesting stuff -

Epcot con't:
IMG_0960.jpg
IMG_0961.jpg
IMG_0962.jpg

We stopped in the U.K to look at some stuff!
IMG_0963.jpg

All this Beatles merch I've never seen before :joyfull:
IMG_0964.jpg

Epcot was kinda dead this day! It felt nice to be able to move around especially because it was soooo hot out.
IMG_0967.jpg

Mom bought 2 Winnie the Pooh shirts and we were on our way.
IMG_0968.jpg

Hello, Alice!
IMG_0969.jpg
IMG_0970.jpg
IMG_0971.jpg

France was very picture-esq this day :angelic:

Next - more Epcot!

becca_

Original Poster
Epcot con't:
I grabbed a table near where they sell the slushies so my Mom could get one for herself!
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg

A friend joined in on the fun!
IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

Another character sighting - Hello, Belle!

After my Mom was done we continued around the world
IMG_0981.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg
IMG_0983.jpg
IMG_0984.jpg

I overheard someone saying how the drummers here are all women - and it is true! How amazing is that :) girl power!

We had to duck into the American Adventure building to get some AC and sit for awhile. I think my Mom called her husband and I just sat and enjoyed the cold air. We didn't go into the show even though it was starting. Just had no interest!
IMG_0985.jpg

Next - more Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom