Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

mm52200

Would you say that the theming is lackluster due to being incomplete, or that you were unimpressed by the things that were already in place?
Went on it today, the theming and everything around Slinky looks complete. It’s a really fun attraction...I like it better than SDMT purely because it knows that it’s a coaster and doesn’t try to be anything else, so it fully committs to that and is a lot of fun. Whereas SDMT is barely a dark ride but also barely a coaster so it’s just a weird mixed bag.
The theming on the ride that’s there is cute, but not a whole lot, and unfortunately there was one major sightline issue that really bothered me and took me totally out of the land and theming. Otherwise it’s a fun ride, not the most amazing thing ever but truly a lot of fun.
Worth super long waits? Not really but it will be fun with a Fastpass. I want to ride it at night as it looks like there’s a good bit of show lighting that I think will add a lot to it!

mm52200

What was there was fine, but the second part of the ride has no theming other than trees. The view into Star Wars Land is great get a full view of the mountain range.
Same thoughts...in the load station there’s what’s supposed to be a drawing done by Andy of his coaster and it shows the track and all the different things that are(were) supposed to around it...I don’t know how much of that theming was actually supposed to be there but it’s a shame so much was cut.

cjkeating

Exactly. You can see directly into the parking lot of it and loading dock area too.

From all of the aerials this sightline looked like it was going to be a disaster. Could you tell how much more the trees would need to grow before this view is obstructed? On the aerials it looked like years or maybe never.

mm52200

From all of the aerials this sightline looked like it was going to be a disaster. Could you tell how much more the trees would need to grow before this view is obstructed? On the aerials it looked like years or maybe never.
I don’t think the trees there could ever grow tall enough. It’s a shame cause they did such a great job otherwise within in the land building up the berm and taking care of sightlines so you can’t see the parking garage or just so you feel like you are in a backyard.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Went on it today, the theming and everything around Slinky looks complete. It’s a really fun attraction...I like it better than SDMT purely because it knows that it’s a coaster and doesn’t try to be anything else, so it fully committs to that and is a lot of fun. Whereas SDMT is barely a dark ride but also barely a coaster so it’s just a weird mixed bag.
The theming on the ride that’s there is cute, but not a whole lot, and unfortunately there was one major sightline issue that really bothered me and took me totally out of the land and theming. Otherwise it’s a fun ride, not the most amazing thing ever but truly a lot of fun.
Worth super long waits? Not really but it will be fun with a Fastpass. I want to ride it at night as it looks like there’s a good bit of show lighting that I think will add a lot to it!

Any idea on the final runtime?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, June 17, 2018. The Disney Vacation Club (DVC) booth at the entrance to Toy Story Land has signage now.

IMG_0510.JPG

doctornick

I thought the Indy boat ride/e ticket was being rumored?

And it seemed like if an Indy ride wasn't coming (i.e. goes to DAK instead) that they might use the Shanghai POTC tech for a different themed boat ride in DHS.

Man, DHS could really use something like that -- a high capacity boat ride would really compliment the other offerings coming. (Yes, the park would still need more, but it would be a nice next step.) Hopefully, we'll see something announced/greenlit in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom