Trip Report **COMPLETED** The "Hey what's your name" and "I want to ride Home Depot" Trip Report

Hey all
We have been back for just about a day now so I figured why not start the Trip Report!
Also, I'm on call this week so its probably going to be a pretty sparse week sorry!

Who?
Also I am feeling lazy so I'm making abbreviations for mostly everyone
Left to right: My Dad (Jeff) - D, my nephew Max - no abbreviation, my sister Betta (her real name is Elizabeth) - B, my Mom (Mary) - M, Me! (Megan) - no abbreviation, my sister Jill - J and my brother-in law Nick - N
IMG_6938.JPG

When?
April 27, 2018 - May 5, 2018 (B and Max from April 29-May 5)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter :) Our favorite moderate

Why?
Celebrating my Mom's 5 year cancer free anniversary! (oh, and it was J and N's honeymoon - aka familymoon :joyfull: )

Day 1 April 27, 2018
2 am...2 am came very quickly this morning...especially since the NFL draft started the night before and I couldn't sleep until we made our first pick :joyfull:
Nonetheless, up I got and got ready to leave for the airport.
We got fancy with our dates sign this time :inlove:
DSC_8328.jpg

DSC_8330.jpg

DSC_8332.jpg

DSC_8334.jpg

We shoved all 5 *yes 5* suitcases into our car and soon enough we were at the airport after a short 15 minute drive (bonus...no traffic at 3 am).
We got to the Southwest counter just after it opened and the one worker was OBSESSED with our luggage. She literally told us if our luggage doesn't show up in Orlando it was because she stole it :joyfull: Our luggage is Minnie Mouse...J actually has the same luggage and the worker was trying to steal hers too and then realized we were all related!
TSA precheck wasn't even open so we went through regular security which was only a bummer because it meant I have to take out my computer and iPad which is annoying :cautious::hilarious:
I was wearing my Wishes shirt that N got me for Christmas!
DSC_8342.jpg

May you rest in peace Wishes :cry:
IMG_6526.JPG

There actually weren't any food places open yet so we sat around a bit waiting for J and N to arrive. J actually lost her kindle because she didnt take it out for security (so TSA did) and had to go grab it after an overhead page alerted her of such :joyfull:
After she grabbed it we all went to Tim Hortons but that wasn't open yet either..
Finally 4 am hit us and our usual bagel place opened so we headed there :)
DSC_8343.jpg

I didn't take any pictures apparently but we shared a few bagels and got some water.
Soon enough it was time to board our flight. We got in line and we were like A20-24 I think. There were quite a few people ahead of us but I didn't say anything even though I knew they were probably after us. Eventually a woman in front of me did ask what their numbers were and the woman responds "Group A..." as if the rest of us weren't A :joyfull:. She then said what does it matter if we are all A anyway. The only reason I bring this up is because when we got up to gate to scan our tickets the Southwest worker kicked them out of line and made them wait until it was their turn (they were numbers like 40-41 or something). My Mom turned to me and said "burnnnnn." :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8346.jpg

Next up: arriving in Florida

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
Some silliness in Africa
DSC_9742.JPG

Then Germany for some caramel snacks!
DSC_9743.JPG

The sky was looking very ominous
IMG_7042.JPG

My Mom got a Sea Salted Caramel and Nick got a caramel cookie (and they both took a bite out of it)
DSC_9745.JPG

DSC_9746.JPG

DSC_9747.JPG

Trying to mimic Doc without the lantern haha
DSC_9748.JPG

We had to finish our Bee Hunt so we resumed that in Italy
DSC_9751.JPG

Hello little buddy!
DSC_9752.JPG

DSC_9753.JPG

Next up: World Showcase continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411378277268.JPG

IMG_7044.JPG

Sadly I paid for the slushy - between that and the storm coming it triggered a migraine for me :rolleyes: I took some Excederin to try and stop it and at least it wasn't too bad!
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411378314086.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411378314305.JPG

DSC_9785.JPG
DSC_9786.JPG

Jill and I officially finished the bee hunt map and turned it in to get our prize!
IMG_7045.JPG

The prize was this package of cute little patches :)
IMG_7047.JPG

I was looking at the app at this point to decide what to eat. However, no one could really make up their minds and we ended up just heading to the bus to go back to POFQ even though our flight wasn't leaving for like 5 hours. I may have pitched a mild fit saying I didn't want to eat the same thing we always eat but then proceeded to order Mac and cheese again and I was happy :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
My Dad got some Gumbo and a cheesesteak for us to try as well :)
DSC_9788.JPG

DSC_9789.JPG

Both were pretty decent!

Next up: more randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
Oh shoot I forgot these pictures!
DSC_9776.JPG

DSC_9778.JPG

DSC_9779.JPG

DSC_9781.JPG

Anyway....
After lunch my Dad, Jill and Nick decided to swim while my Mom and I headed to DS!
It actually started pouring just as we got to the dock but luckily there was a boat waiting for us!
IMG_7050.JPG

We didn't do too much in Disney Springs since my head was still bothering me. However, there was one thing left we didn't do yet....ice cream! We headed to Ghirardelli to share a sea salt caramel sundae :)
DSC_9792.JPG

DSC_9793.JPG

DSC_9794.JPG

Then we headed back to POFQ and had the same captain we had who took us there :)
Everyone was at the pool when we got back so we settled on the chairs to relax before leaving. It rained off and on but never poured again so we were able to stay outside.
Eventually we had to go inside to grab out bags and wait for DME
DSC_9796.JPG

DSC_9797.JPG

Next up: still dragging out leaving

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
DSC_9811.JPG

DSC_9812.JPG

DSC_9813.JPG

DSC_9814.JPG

Our Tragical Express finally came :cry::cry:
DSC_9819.JPG

At the airport my Mom, Dad and I had TSA precheck so we left J and N behind :joyfull: (well technically Jill had it too but she stayed behind with Nick).
We grabbed some dinner/snacks at Cask and Larder while we waited to leave (and J and N ate there too when they got through security which they said was a bear).
My Mom just had fries.
I had pretzels
IMG_7061.JPG

The beer cheese fondue it came with was so yum!
My Dad got some BLT sliders which he liked!
IMG_7062.JPG

*SIGH* eventually we had to board our plane and head home after another great vacation. It was so nice to have the whole family together :) (I would be lying if I didn't say my Mom and I are excited for our next solo trip though :joyfull: )

Next up: WDW July '18!

Ayden

Thank you for another great trip report! It was a lot of fun following you and your family for this celebratory trip. I can imagine you girls are looking forward to your next trip! Happy planning ;)

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Loved your report. So much fun seeing your whole family together again. Max is so cute! My family and I will be at Disney July 14-22. Hoping our dates overlap so we can finally meet!!!

krisri18

I've been MIA for a bit but it was perfect timing I guess since I got to read the rest of your trip report all in one go!!! Love that you got to spend your trip with your whole family!!

LeighM

So that's where Spike was hiding in the American Pavilion!!! I never was able to find it. I looked all around there too! The grasses must've blocked him :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love your sister’s shirt!

She said she got it from Walt's Wardrobe (apparently thats a website :joyfull: )

Thank you for another great trip report! It was a lot of fun following you and your family for this celebratory trip. I can imagine you girls are looking forward to your next trip! Happy planning ;)

Thanks for reading! We are definitely looking forward to our next trip :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom