News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

flynnibus

Premium Member
Queue, queue, preshows, queue, load and unload. Aside from the original preshow room location the rest of the pavilion will be unrecognisable.

I know.

Wow... so takenwhat they did to imagination's space.... and put the pedal to the floor :(

At least uoe didnt really have an iconic spaces inside (of their own merit/presentation) once the moving art wall was killed. But talk about "storage" :(

Hey WoL... you have a new locker buddy!

Last edited:

Rider

Pictures from today. The building really stands out from all areas of the park.

98594C50-2198-4B3C-BC4E-91B1BEE99A2F.jpeg141A5CAB-64B1-4DA6-9A93-6089464CD694.jpeg49F2691E-FFCF-4566-88A2-973D681A2D17.jpegA563E142-018B-4285-AA9A-3829A5E0C181.jpeg

smile

People know celebrities and live video content do not age as well as original unique content. Yet they went the lazy "throw in the tv celeb" angle and then still didnt update it for over 20 years.

The only suprise in the while thing is how far disney rode it into the ground. Pleas offer anything "brave" about ripping out a one of a kind art piece, and adding network tv content from your corporate siblings?

took guts even going from one to the other, considering the debasement... such was common in the dark times, tho :mad:
- yet it took even more than that to consider it acceptable the attraction be left in situ for over two decades

i consider much of what happened during that era in that park to have been quite brave, actually...
and grossly misguided - stench still lingers unabated, miraculously

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I highly doubt they're just going to leave this as an unthemed blank box, especially since it's visible from the parking lot. This is Disney we're talking about, not Cedar Point or Six Flags. Although I can't deny they've made a lot of very questionable decisions lately (including the idea to shove GotG into Epcot in the first place), I doubt they would stoop that low. I'd like to see construction go further before I make an opinion on their quality of work, though.

Yeah, Disney would never leave a un-themed show building visible from within the park. ;)

1529198375604.png

LittleBuford

Yeah, Disney would never leave a un-themed show building visible from within the park. ;)

View attachment 290544

Given its sheer size, I think the Soarin' building is about as well disguised as possible. Truth be told, I didn't even notice it the first time I saw it from across the lagoon -- my mind somehow registered it as a building that didn't want to be noticed and so edited it out of view.

SuperStretccch

View attachment 290544

Touche, but still, that's nowhere near as noticeable and in-your-face as this will be. It's visible from almost everywhere including the parking lot, for goodness sake. They have to theme it if they actually care about presentation, and frankly, I would be beyond disappointed if they just painted it go-away colors and called it a day.

The Empress Lilly

EPCOT Center - mouth-watering bold and stark architecture; that created a place even through the abstract form; and in its own right told the story of the park and of each individual pavilion.

Idiot Center - hideous big boxes that bear no relation to their surroundings; that ruin the views, sightlines and story of the park; and whose greatest design achievement is that they are part hidden by trees / buildings and painted go-away green or blue.

How the mighty has fallen. :cry:

Last edited:

geekza

People know celebrities and live video content do not age as well as original unique content. Yet they went the lazy "throw in the tv celeb" angle and then still didnt update it for over 20 years.
What?!? You mean Superstar Limo wasn't a classic Disney attraction for the ages?!? Antonio Banderas and Regis Philbin AA figures were timeless. TIMELESS! ;)

montyz81

The thing is with some cool trim work and some minor exterior decoration the Soarin building (just by virtue of its shape) could fit in with the other unique FW architecture from the WS lagoon promenade.
Agreed. I have a picture somewhere that made me think of mountains behind Canada, which would be very fitting.

flynnibus

Premium Member
While everybody else see's and is complaining about the new gravity building in this picture, all I see is a hideous color scheme on a gorgeous set of buildings.

I was thinking about this today while walking today... where i didnt even have to conciously skip innovations... theyve stripped it down to just that one corner now.

My kids will never understand epcot...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom