Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

stitchcastle

This is my understanding.

Chappie’s preoccupation with clones is the product of a desire for efficiency and affordability. As Dreamfinder indicated, with OLC footing the bill, those concerns don’t apply. It is unlikely Chappie would veto TDL when they say they want the biggest and best ride to show off Chappie’s beloved IPs. Thus, we need to view future developments at TDL through a very different lenses then those at WDW, DL, and DLP (Shanghai and HKDL are another matter entirely).

wouldn't Chapek be pretty happy about OLC footing the bill for the R&D on new IP based attractions that can be easily cloned everywhere?

Also I don't understand why people are acting so surprised that the expansion is heavily character based when it's been proven that the patrons of TDR are crazy about them. I mean, they shelved a great original nighttime show in favor of the IP-heavy Fantasmic! for TDS. It makes all the sense that future expansions will capitalize on characters rather than original attractions, especially now that the company is producing new contemporary hits.

Timothy_Q

wouldn't Chapek be pretty happy about OLC footing the bill for the R&D on new IP based attractions that can be easily cloned everywhere?

Tokyo builds expensive rides.
Disney doesn’t want to build them, even if they’re just clones.

Shanghai got MK’s Pooh when they could’ve easily gotten Hunny Hunt.

And I doubt the BatB ride being built at TDL will ever show up again in another park.

Voxel

President of Progress City

Also I don't understand why people are acting so surprised that the expansion is heavily character based when it's been proven that the patrons of TDR are crazy about them. I mean, they shelved a great original nighttime show in favor of the IP-heavy Fantasmic! for TDS. It makes all the sense that future expansions will capitalize on characters rather than original attractions, especially now that the company is producing new contemporary hits.
Those people have not met Japanese Disney fans. They deck out in Disney garb. The last few I met had entire bookbags covered in keychains from their favorite IP.

Suchomimus

And I doubt the BatB ride being built at TDL will ever show up again in another park.
Shame that that’s the case. Tokyo has many unique attractions that are some of the most well known and loved by tourists.

Piebald

I'm of two minds here. At first the 3 themed lands seemed too cartoonish to me to fit the TDS theme until I remembered Mermaid Lagoon. But I also realize TDS is a beautiful park and I know the rides (hopefully) wont be super lame. I was surprised to be there a few weeks and see this huge building under construction only to disappointingly find out it was Soarin.

stitchcastle

Hunny Hunt seems like it was a very specific demand for TDL and it was stand-alone attraction/expansion budget, not tied to an entire opening-day roster of a whole resort like Shanghai's was. It makes sense that they didn't go with the more complicated/expensive ride system for Pooh there since its a ride system that can warrant its own big marketing push.

Hunny Hunt has technically been cloned a few times already as well-The ride system for BatB is the same as Hunny Hunt/Mystic Manor/Ratatouille right?

PorterRedkey

We are planning on going for the 40th Annervisary in 2023, so this announcement has me so excited! I already would be in awe of the park, but now there will be even more to do. Now we will probably stay there for a sixth day instead of just 5. You got me TDLR! :happy:

PorterRedkey

That’s why they haven’t done it yet. Also, they’ll tell you they’re doing it, for real.
Any chance they use some of the material (dirt, concrete, etc...) disregarded from this new TDS build to start the process of building the land? It seems like that would only be a few grains of sand in the big bucket that is Tokyo Bay, but maybe it would be a start. I'm not really sure like how deep the bay is or how much material will be needed.

lazyboy97o

Tokyo DisneySEA is not a park about water, it is about exploration and adventure with water being a connective layer. It has a connective web that holds together a variety of places.

The high costs could be attributed to location if they were unique to this location.

Tokyo DisneySEA in many ways killed the relationship between Disney and the Oriental Land Company which is why clones are not an unreasonable expectation followings of reduced investment. Disney milked development funds from Tokyo for too long and too often.

PorterRedkey

From TDRExplorer.com:

disneysea-expansion-map-1-800x594.jpg

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneysea-expansion-announced-2022/

jaxonp

Tokyo DisneySEA is not a park about water, it is about exploration and adventure with water being a connective layer. It has a connective web that holds together a variety of places.

The high costs could be attributed to location if they were unique to this location.

Tokyo DisneySEA in many ways killed the relationship between Disney and the Oriental Land Company which is why clones are not an unreasonable expectation followings of reduced investment. Disney milked development funds from Tokyo for too long and too often.

Please explain the relationship?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom