News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

Thanks! I think I must of missed that.

It just seems odd the building is flying up yet we're waiting until 2021. I know they have a 'strategy' of when they want to open things so I was just curious if they could actually open it sooner but were delaying it so it could open in 2021 for the anniversary. I know there's a lot more that goes into these things but I think a lot of these things could be open within a 2 year span if they wanted them to.
All that is going up is steel for the building. Showbuildings themselves are usually not very complicated structures, pretty much being giant warehouses. It’s coordinating everything else that goes into the shell that is more difficult work. Disney also uses elements of the fast track process, so there is likely design still occurring.

Kman101

All that is going up is steel for the building. Showbuildings themselves are usually not very complicated structures, pretty much being giant warehouses. It’s coordinating everything else that goes into the shell that is more difficult work. Disney also uses elements of the fast track process, so there is likely design still occurring.

True.

Solid points.

Haymarket2008

Thanks! I think I must of missed that.

It just seems odd the building is flying up yet we're waiting until 2021. I know they have a 'strategy' of when they want to open things so I was just curious if they could actually open it sooner but were delaying it so it could open in 2021 for the anniversary. I know there's a lot more that goes into these things but I think a lot of these things could be open within a 2 year span if they wanted them to.

Totally my thinking too. This thing could absolutely be open by 2020 if they wanted. I get the “spreading things out” mindset/decision, but......that’s a long time for a single attraction.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

CD355EE5-153A-4D5A-A118-FD8CEE35D52B.jpeg
39B068D0-4DAA-4B80-9067-AB75FAFA99DF.jpeg
AD8E94D3-EE83-4834-AFA5-00C84591E473.jpeg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is that really how tall it is going to be? If so, that is a horrendous sight line issue. I honestly don't have a huge issue with the hotels looming in the background, but a giant warehouse joining the stunning skyline of the Future World pavilions is a GD mess.

From the ground inside Epcot, the gravity building will be nearly invisible. However, you can't miss it from the monorail or the parking lot.

Haymarket2008

From the ground inside Epcot, the gravity building will be nearly invisible. However, you can't miss it from the monorail or the parking lot.

That’s good to know. The picture that concerned me was the one from the World Showcase promenade. I’d assume it might not be too glaring from there

briangaw

Bioreconstruct and I had a conversation on what I think will be a tower crane. It certainly is different than everything else.

Definitely just throwing this out there, definitely not in the know, and could be wrong, but making a somewhat educated guess that it is a weird location for a tower crane and would be also weird to have a tower crane after bringing in and setting up the other two cranes. As for what that black truss is for I am thinking it may be temporary roof support for when the roof is constructed. Depending on the span of the roof and its design (I am assuming designed without central supports based on the beef of the structure already going up) may need to support the center until all the steel is in and tightened up.

Rteetz

Definitely just throwing this out there, definitely not in the know, and could be wrong, but making a somewhat educated guess that it is a weird location for a tower crane and would be also weird to have a tower crane after bringing in and setting up the other two cranes. As for what that black truss is for I am thinking it may be temporary roof support for when the roof is constructed. Depending on the span of the roof and its design (I am assuming designed without central supports based on the beef of the structure already going up) may need to support the center until all the steel is in and tightened up.
Yep, Bioreconstruct believes it is a roof support.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I get that but it still seems this will be visible from inside the park at least based on what we can already see. I am going off of bioreconstructs images from today.

This alley (red arrows below) is the only way to see the gravity building and this clump of trees blocks it...

1527396495052.png

The other pictures from the previous post show just how much nearby buildings and objects and trees block a good portion of sky up from the horizon.

Epcot puts you in a 'forest' of buildings. You'd have to get to the other side of the lagoon to see the height of the gravity building poke over the pavilions. But that'll be a long way off.

Rteetz

This alley (red arrows below) is the only way to see the gravity building and this clump of trees blocks it...

View attachment 286330

The other pictures from the previous post show just how much nearby buildings and objects and trees block a good portion of sky up from the horizon.

Epcot puts you in a 'forest' of buildings. You'd have to get to the other side of the lagoon to see the height of the gravity building poke over the pavilions. But that'll be a long way off.
This is what I am referring too.

I don't think it would mater so much being right at the attraction itself. Views around the resort of the park are what could be an issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom