The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
@93boomer and @dryerlintfan , here is the redesigned front of World of Disney (Disney Marketplace). I saw some children staring in awe of the Cinderella coach on top of the sign (the older top, before redesign, was Stitch, correct?).

Anyway, I thought about people here with children when I took this picture. (And, @dryerlintfan , there are more princess dresses in there than you can shake a stick at!! "A" would love this place!! :joyfull: )

View attachment 286223
Thank you for putting it up. We were wondering what they were going to put there. I believe this is the other entrance. Stitch was at the corner next to Ghiradelli’s. The princess dresses were the most we’ve seen in awhile. Little girls were going crazy with all the dresses! They were remodeling when we were there.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I thought of you tonight @Gabe1 . Hubs had to go to Chicago on Wednesday so he brought home a treat for me.
View attachment 286096

So happy for you, me so envious. I had every intention to hit Garrett while they did their limited seasonal, early spring Bacon Popcorn. I missed it am still sad. Enjoy!!!!
\
28951645_784923738372981_3516485546524765393_n.jpg

14947497_10206319438258902_1849953903493126149_n.jpg

Did he get himself some too?

Gabe1

@93boomer and @dryerlintfan , here is the redesigned front of World of Disney (Disney Marketplace). I saw some children staring in awe of the Cinderella coach on top of the sign (the older top, before redesign, was Stitch, correct?).

Anyway, I thought about people here with children when I took this picture. (And, @dryerlintfan , there are more princess dresses in there than you can shake a stick at!! "A" would love this place!! :joyfull: )

View attachment 286223

That is not the corner that Stitch was at. But anyhow I saw on twitter today that Stitch in all his glory after reconditioning was returned to his corner at world of Disney. Was not spitting water yet, but back in his place of honor. Phew.

Gabe1

Beautiful!!! I would have rather been there than arguing with other parents.lol Thanks for the diversion! :)

I'm sorry. I did catch a glimmer of that age cut off thing. We have it here too for at least 25 years. The ying yang. We went with age long ago over grade for all sports. An example a student held back a year in school now should be in 3rd grade in contact sports like soccer and football against a 1st grade student. They went back and forth and body development ultimately ruled over social aspects of grade. Ours are k-2, 3-4. So a kid that should be academically in 3rd but held in 2nd had too much of a physical advantage over the smaller elementary students. My kids were competitive swimmers, they went by birth date cut offs their entire life, still holds true. My son always was a year behind his classmates every other year. He was fine with it. It was a shock to some parents more than the kids. Pixie Dust. It gets better, the kids adjust and make new friends and teammates. Our local and USA Clubs went by age also. Here the curse of summer birthdates.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We left MK parking lot at 10:50am yesterday and with 2 gas stops made it home at 1:15am. No real holdups amazingly considering it was the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. No traffic in VA either. So we had a good ride going down, and coming back. A great trip overall. Yesterday we did EMH and first did SM, then MAWP, walked to BTMR. Then we used our FP for 7DMT. Got the kids some pretzels and popcorn to tide them over and sadly said “See you real soon.” It definitely was busier yesterday then any of the previous days. The parks didn’t seem to get crowded until closer to noon from Sunday through Thursday. We drove around in the golf cart around the campground and there were total empty loops. By Thursday night though, they were full again. I am thinking the week before Memorial Day may just be a good week to go crowd-wise.

Welcome back home!! Glad you all had a fun trip and happy that the ride home wasn't too bad with traffic, etc. So happy you all had a nice vacation. :happy:

Wanted to comment about the crowds. Usually, I love MK but I only lasted a few hours there this time. Just couldn't stand dealing with the mobs of people. I spent most of my time at either AK or EPCOT. The day I left I went to DHS for a few hours (had an afternoon flight back home). DHS was easy peasey because so much of it is under construction. Went on TOT (5 minute wait) and Star Tours (5 min. wait). Overall, my favorite park last week was AK. :cat:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That is not the corner that Stitch was at. But anyhow I saw on twitter today that Stitch in all his glory after reconditioning was returned to his corner at world of Disney. Was not spitting water yet, but back in his place of honor. Phew.

Well if Stitch is back up at the other entrance, that JUST happened. Might have been Tuesday afternoon when I was there at WOD, and that other main entrance was covered up. Figures, I just missed it by days then. I like Stitch on top of that entrance--really fun! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
243.JPG

I was taking pictures of the Stormtroopers as they approached, and all of a sudden they surrounded me, and ordered the area cleared! :jawdrop: I was interrogated and asked if I was authorized for this area and I said no. Stormtrooper gave me a break and said he'd allow me clearance, and to keep my eyes and ears open, and report any suspicious activity to them. :p

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
View attachment 286337

I was taking pictures of the Stormtroopers as they approached, and all of a sudden they surrounded me, and ordered the area cleared! :jawdrop: I was interrogated and asked if I was authorized for this area and I said no. Stormtrooper gave me a break and said he'd allow me clearance, and to keep my eyes and ears open, and report any suspicious activity to them. :p

Funny! 😀

Goofyernmost

The more I read this stuff about plastic statues, their locations, that kind of stuff, the more I realize that I probably shouldn't be on the boards. I am not the caliber of fan that so many of you are.

I have never gone to WDW, Disneyland or Disneyland Paris, with any awareness of how one differed from the other. I have never made a mental note or even accidentally remembered the minute details of an attraction. Heck, they could probably change 70% of them and I wouldn't notice, and If I did notice, I wouldn't have been the least bit concerned about it, as long as I still enjoyed it.

I have gone to WDW year after year because of the atmosphere not the physical appearance. I have noticed appearance, but, all I have ever noticed over 35 years is that in my eye, it has improved in aesthetics, colors and quantity of extras. I have never given one seconds thought to things like the alleged 80's color scheme at TTC. I always thought of it as just bright and fun. Coincidentally, that fun aspect was my motivation for being there.

I have never had any concern if some spot or paint chip existed, because, in spite of Disney being a fantasy location, it was still smack dab* in the middle of the world we live in which is far from perfect and impossible to make that way. If I saw the same glaring problem on my next visit, I might have been concerned. Never did though. It never occurred to me that if a ride stopped to call it a "breakdown". It always wasn't, it was long enough to help someone with mobility difficulties to board and we were on our way again. I have never had to walk off a ride, in fact I have prayed to have SSE stop right on the top, but, it never has.

I haven't seen the complaint much lately, but, not all that long ago there was a constant uproar if someone saw a lightbulb out. I would see one and think, heck, that might have burnt out just before I looked up. Some would say that they came back a few days later and it was still out. My thought was if out of all the thousands of lightbulbs that there are just on Main St. alone, someone took the time to memorize which one was out a couple of days later, then their attention was misdirected. Then they were just looking for something to complain about.

So, I really don't feel that I am the right fit for Disney. There was a time that I lived, worked and breathed Disney with what my children looked at as an obsession. I would usually reply with the question, would you rather I spent my time in bars? I tried to think of ways to move to Florida and work for Disney. I even got my CDL to drive buses so that I could eventually work for the mouse. The more I read the stuff on the other areas of massive obsession and people that seemed to go to a Disney Park just to find something wrong so that they could fabricate a yarn about how the place was a wreck. They complained when Disney did nothing, they complained when they changed anything, they complained if even Disney does something different then the Disney Bible, that they seem to have the only copies of, sitting in the drawer of their bedside stands.

That along with the happenings in the country and the world have left me depressed and angry, like I have never been depressed and angry in my entire life. I feel everything is hopeless. Even if I could afford to go to WDW or any other quality theme park, I feel that this constant negative exposure would affect me drastically. I long for the days before social media took over our/my life.

Sorry for the rant, but, my thoughts on this Memorial Day weekend are continuously wandering to the black granite wall in DC, that contains all those names of young men and women that never got the chance to ever see the marvel that I got to witness for 48 years since my time in that awful country. I feel guilty about being able to return home, marry, raise a family, spend time with my children and grandchildren at the same time listening to a bunch of people that feel the need to just put everything down. They don't realize just how lucky they are to just be able to enjoy this stuff as opposed to all those that only wanted to live and not be in an organized line at Arlington.
Would be a great name for a Grunge Band

Figgy1

Premium Member
:p Perhaps if I won the lottery, I'd rent one of those things!! (Seriously though, I never spend more than an hour at the very most, at any pool. I'm not really a "sun" person, and I'd never spend a day at poolside, so a cabana would be useless for me.) :)
I'm a sun person. I'd even be happy on Moana's little island:inlove: That being said even if I had the money I'd never rent one of those suckers, in fact our pool has a few for free first come first served and I have never used one! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm usually one of the first at the pool when it opens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom