Water park shoes question!

mmnw

My experience is the rides will tell you when you can or can’t wear water shoes. Sometimes you can hold them. Sometimes, we have a parent stay back and hold onto them.

Upvote 0

belledream

You can definitely wear real water shoes that stay on your feet. If you are wearing something like flip flops that will easily fall off, then you'd have to hold them or leave them at your chair or wherever. The ground can definitely get hot or feel rough at first, however, we usually get used to it really quickly and spend the whole time running around barefoot. But real water shoes are a great solution to all those problems!

Upvote 0

GVentola

I wore sandals on one visit to Typhoon Lagoon. Kept them on in the lazy river and one got sucked into a drain. Never did find it. I had to buy water shoes at the gift shop so I could drive home!

Upvote 0

TARDIS

You can wear them on almost all slides. I was told I had to remove and hold them on one set of slides at Blizzard beach and it was no big deal it’s easy to hold them.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I made the mistake of not wearing water shoes one time and found that sand and pavement really worked my feet to being extremely sore by the end of the day, which is why I mentioend above that I definitely recommend something.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

Like others I recommend wearing something on your feet, the concrete can/will be hot. As your feet get wet the skin gets a bit softer and the concrete will also make the bottoms sore. A bit of a warning is to make sure to put sunscreen on the tops of your feet, trying to walk with the tops of your feet sunburned makes walking in the parks painful.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom