Votes: 9 17.0%
  • 1900 Park Fare

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other (on the monorail)

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Max0211

Original Poster
So I am going to WDW in June, and was wondering which is the best for breakfast - Ohana, Chef Mickeys, or 1900 Park Fare. It would be just a 15 year old and adult, so characters are not SUPER important (although the 15 year does love his Disney). We will be staying at the Contemporary, but all are on the monorail. Thoughts?

drwadadli

My wife and I love The Wave. Especially with you staying there at the CR, just walk down to the ground floor and there you go!!!!

When we stayed at GF and Poly, we rode the monorail to CR just to do The Wave for breakfast.

MaryJaneP

As a family that prefers CR Tower MK view, we have a tradition of Chef Mickey's. Not fine dining but certainly tasty enough to get you going in the AM. We also enjoy the obvious excitement of the other families around us. Pricey for the quality of food offered. But since it is a tradition for our crew, it gets our vote.

slappy magoo

You're staying at the Contemporary in June and you're looking for breakfast suggestions in a monorail restaurant?
THIS June? Starting next week June?
Do you actually have a lot of options for breakfast reservations? I haven't checked but this soon out you might not have many choices in the first place...
Of the three you listed I prefer 1900 Park Fare most. Plus some of the characters aren't completely covered in masks so the interactions aren't all pantomime, plus I think the food is the best of the 3.
Chef Mickey's, the food has gotten really mediocre, but at least there are a lot of options.
'Ohana, the food is mediocre AND limited - some island themed breads, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, mini Mickey waffles...I think that's about it.
Food at The Wave is very good AND it's rarely busy there, so right now it's probably your best bet to score a reservation. You can order off the menu OR do a pay one price buffet, which is convenient if one of you is hungrier than the other.
Kona Cafe is also very good and also usually-not-very-busy so you might have a decent shot of a reservation there.
Grand Floridian Cafe is meh.

durangojim

If you want a character breakfast, Ohana is nice because they bring the food to you and Mickey is there. Also the view is nice if you get a table by the window.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're staying at the Contemporary in June and you're looking for breakfast suggestions in a monorail restaurant?
THIS June? Starting next week June?
Do you actually have a lot of options for breakfast reservations? I haven't checked but this soon out you might not have many choices in the first place...
Of the three you listed I prefer 1900 Park Fare most. Plus some of the characters aren't completely covered in masks so the interactions aren't all pantomime, plus I think the food is the best of the 3.
Chef Mickey's, the food has gotten really mediocre, but at least there are a lot of options.
'Ohana, the food is mediocre AND limited - some island themed breads, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, mini Mickey waffles...I think that's about it.
Food at The Wave is very good AND it's rarely busy there, so right now it's probably your best bet to score a reservation. You can order off the menu OR do a pay one price buffet, which is convenient if one of you is hungrier than the other.
Kona Cafe is also very good and also usually-not-very-busy so you might have a decent shot of a reservation there.
Grand Floridian Cafe is meh.

There are typically tons of option available at nearly all the WDW restaurants days/weeks out now. Especially if you look right at the cancellation window.

Ten years ago, people on boards like this swore up one side and down the other they NEVER booked dummy reservations they never cancelled...but they did...because restaurant availability in even busy times is 5x what it was then - generally speaking - and the cancellation fee has worked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom