Photobucket is back?

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I wasn't really sure where else to ask this question, so the Photography forum seemed ok. I just happened to look through an old trip report that I wrote and the photos (which had been linked from Photobucket) are showing again. Has Photobucket gone back to free hosting?

ChuckElias

Original Poster
It sounds like they're still charging a fee, but I'm not paying it and my pictures are still showing. Are they going to disappear again?

C&D

It's free but they are charging for third party hosting. They are at a more reasonable fee now, but I've gone long enough without them, that I don't think I'm going back.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Ok, so please forgive an ignorant question, but my pictures are showing in my trip reports, but I haven't paid the new subscription fee (and I don't plan to). So isn't that "3rd party hosting"? Does that mean that my pictures will disappear again when I don't pay the subscription fee?

C&D

Chuck, not sure, but I'm thinking your previously posted pictures will remain viable but future saved pictures will not have the url to share. And oh, I might certainly be wrong, but that is what I think is going to occur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom