What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
5.7 mile walking event. Was initially going to try and run some of it but in the beginning there were way too many people (no joke, the first mile took more than 27 minutes!) and then I got saddled with the bags that the tweens were whining about carrying ... and I still walked faster than them!

The whining won't get any better when she hits 13. They just have more to whine about until they leave for college. As a matter of fact, it doesn't stop then, either. 😉

Swissmiss

Premium Member
The whining won't get any better when she hits 13. They just have more to whine about until they leave for college. As a matter of fact, it doesn't stop then, either. 😉

Mine has her ups and downs - but this time the whining was multiplied because I had the tween daughters of some friends too. My own was suddenly very impressed near the end when it occurred to her that not only am I much older than them but other than the 11 year old I'm also the shortest. Luckily I'd thrown a bunch of fruit in my bag because I wasn't expecting it to be longer than the posted route (should have been just under 5 miles) or to be so packed and slow in the beginning. Once I got lunch in them (albeit after 2 pm!) they were much less whiny.

Texas84

Local points series 5K. Hot, hilly & humid. We have this tropical muck hanging over us and it's difficult to breathe. Finished 3 minutes slower than the last time I ran this race two years ago. We have two races in June this year. Oh well, one of them has free ice cream.

JillC LI

... and then I got saddled with the bags that the tweens were whining about carrying ... and I still walked faster than them!
The mom always gets saddled with their junk while they complain!
As for me, still under the weather but ran 6 miles on the TM Saturday morning during a huge rainstorm.
Oh well, one of them has free ice cream.
Now there's an incentive! :hungry:

JillC LI

Still mildly congested but had a good 4m run outside last night. I got back some recent blood test results as part of a normal work-up, and I was surprised to hear that I am slightly anemic. Maybe that's part of why I've felt so rundown lately. It's odd because I do eat red meat.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Still mildly congested but had a good 4m run outside last night. I got back some recent blood test results as part of a normal work-up, and I was surprised to hear that I am slightly anemic. Maybe that's part of why I've felt so rundown lately. It's odd because I do eat red meat.

Dark, leafy greens (spinach, kale), many kinds of beans, quinoa, oats are also good sources of iron. And calf"s liver. That's how we got our supply of iron. Fried in a cast iron skillet. With onions and bacon. Sorry, mom, not even bacon could make me want to eat liver. :hungover:

I was anemic as a child - probably because I didn't eat enough liver, lol. Back then, iron was in liquid form and had to be kept refrigerated. A spoonful in the morning and a spoonful in the evening. Don't know which tasted worse, the liver or the iron. Both were bleh.

Dark chocolate is also a good source of iron. 😁

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
supposed to be in the Mid-80s + humid this afternoon so I ran this morning: 2.4 miles @ 12:25/mi

I keep having tummy troubles (#2) on my runs no matter what time of day I run...it's not pleasant and it's slowing down my times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom