Frontier?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I like Frontier because they fly out of a small, local airfield that they share with only one other airline (Trenton). So, cheap parking. Only need to show up an hour before hand. I've joined their club (The Den, ~$50/year) which gives enough discounts that it pays for itself. I also pay extra for their packaged extras (picking your seat, more legroom seats, 'free' luggage and carry-ons, no penalty for transferring date of travel, etc...). That starts to bump the cost up to near the major airlines, but, then I get all the amenities (that a small carrier offers).

BTW, the seats do recline. The pull tab to do so is under the seat, left hand side.

drwadadli

My one dislike is that they only fly once a day so for me to fly to MCO, I have to fly out around 6:00 p.m. I have just missed an entire day at the park and to fly early and pay for an extra night stay is not worth it. Also, the flight back leaves at 6:00 a.m. I am at WDW and don't want to leave that early if I don't have to.

BoarderPhreak

I like Frontier because they fly out of a small, local airfield that they share with only one other airline (Trenton). So, cheap parking. Only need to show up an hour before hand. I've joined their club (The Den, ~$50/year) which gives enough discounts that it pays for itself. I also pay extra for their packaged extras (picking your seat, more legroom seats, 'free' luggage and carry-ons, no penalty for transferring date of travel, etc...). That starts to bump the cost up to near the major airlines, but, then I get all the amenities (that a small carrier offers).

BTW, the seats do recline. The pull tab to do so is under the seat, left hand side.
Of course, they're the cheapest option and fly to a small airfield near me as well (ISP). That's the only reason I'd fly them again.

Wow! Mind - blown. 🤯

The 50-pound limit that they have on suitcase is standard across all airlines so the fact that you were 13 pounds overweight, you have had to pay for overweight suitcase no matter which airline you flew with.
Oh, I'm well aware... And I don't blame them for charging me (just like any other airline would). I don't recall it ever being $75 though.

drwadadli

Oh, I'm well aware... And I don't blame them for charging me (just like any other airline would). I don't recall it ever being $75 though.
American Airline and Delta Airlines overweight charge is $100.00 for overweight if flying in the US, PR, or Canada (up to 70 pounds)
United Airline overweight charge is $200.00 (up to 70 pounds)

BoarderPhreak

American Airline and Delta Airlines overweight charge is $100.00 for overweight if flying in the US, PR, or Canada (up to 70 pounds)
United Airline overweight charge is $200.00 (up to 70 pounds)
Holy %@$*! 🤬

I typically only fly internationally or to Orlando - on other airlines for both. Though I vaguely recall one trip on the (since defunct) Air Berlin where it was that much (also a budget carrier).

drwadadli

Holy %@$*! 🤬

I typically only fly internationally or to Orlando - on other airlines for both. Though I vaguely recall one trip on the (since defunct) Air Berlin where it was that much (also a budget carrier).
International flights are typically allowed up to 70 pounds per baggage for the airlines start adding overweight charges

BoarderPhreak

these service dogs are out of control. when did they start letting them in airports and everywhere else. I don't remember dogs being able to go into hotles and aiprots even a few years ago.
And we're just ignoring the fact that the woman waited until the END of the flight to say something? Let alone punching a pregnant woman in the stomach?

drwadadli

these service dogs are out of control. when did they start letting them in airports and everywhere else. I don't remember dogs being able to go into hotles and aiprots even a few years ago.
Almost everyone is claiming that their pet is an "emotional" service dog. The problem is that "emotional" reason can't be tested or argued so businesses have to let the pet go with the person. Also, anyone can pick up a vest that says "Service Dog" off PetSmart or Amazon just so they can say they have a service pet.

BoarderPhreak

Almost everyone is claiming that their pet is an "emotional" service dog. The problem is that "emotional" reason can't be tested or argued so businesses have to let the pet go with the person. Also, anyone can pick up a vest that says "Service Dog" off PetSmart or Amazon just so they can say they have a service pet.
Thankfully, airlines and other businesses are really clamping down on this abuse by requiring documentation to that effect.

drwadadli

Thankfully, airlines and other businesses are really clamping down on this abuse by requiring documentation to that effect.
True but it is also easy to get documentation because most doctors and veterinarians aren't willing to discuss this with their clients (veterinarians ---- why their pet wouldn't be a good service dog, taking the owner's word that they need their dog from "emotional" reasons; doctors ---- taking the time to prove that their client has an emotional condition that is improved with the presence of the pet). Some (probably thinking most but don't know the numbers) people that say they need their pet for emotional reasons is because they are afraid of or don't want to leave the pet in a boarding facility or at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom