No Character Diney

Liane Layman

Original Poster
My sister in law and I took my niece when she was 7 and we did the character Disney in the Contemporary Resort. What a rip off. The food was too expensive and my niece couldn't eat that much. Frankly she's happy with just a hotdog. I myself didn't eat. The characters come around to meet you yea but they do that throughout the park anyway. Save your money and don't go.

Schneewittchen

My sister in law and I took my niece when she was 7 and we did the character Disney in the Contemporary Resort. What a rip off. The food was too expensive and my niece couldn't eat that much. Frankly she's happy with just a hotdog. I myself didn't eat. The characters come around to meet you yea but they do that throughout the park anyway. Save your money and don't go.

Ouch. Are you trying to pick a fight?

nickys

Premium Member
The food isn't top notch, but I usually stick to the carving stations at character dining where they have them.

The main benefit is you get to meet the characters without having to stand in long lines in the parks. We still do a couple on each trip, and our boys are grown up now! I loved Crystal Palace on our last trip, and like Cape May for breakfast.

habuma

It depends. Certainly character meals aren't for everyone. But we've found most of them to be quite enjoyable. Dinner at 1900 Park Fare and breakfast at 'Ohana being a couple of our favorites. In some cases, you get unique interactions with the characters that you don't get (or not so much) in the parks. At 1900 Park Fare, for instance, the step sisters are a riot and completely worth the visit. (Their schtick is a bit toned down when we've seen them in the parks.)

As for price, I'll certainly agree that character meals are typically one of the most expensive meals you can have in Disney. That said, when it's rolled into a dining plan, you hardly notice...and, in fact, it's one of the best bargains you can get for a meal credit.

But again, to each their own. We enjoy the character meals. If someone else doesn't, then it just means we'll have an easier time snagging that ADR.

The characters come around the parks to meet you? Lol I didn't know this ;)
Seriously, though, I am a fan of character dining because it saves me time in the parks to ride rides. Each their own, though.

Kim2022

I disagree. We took our kids to Disney twice when they were little. We booked almost all character meals at table service restaurants while on the dining plan so they could meet and greet their (and my) favorites. Not hunting for character stations and not standing in long lines in the sweltering heat was well worth it. Plus we got to eat in a castle. 3 years ago, while my girls were still teens, we booked Garden Grill for dinner just so we could see Chip and Dale. We were not on the dining plan and still paid for the experience. Again, for us, it was worth the cost.

My husband and I are booked at Crystal Palace during our October 2018 ADULT only trip. All my kids are in college and we are going without them. I must hug Pooh and the others from the Hundred Acre Wood. We are also booked for Tusker House. The only characters I really have no interest in are the princesses (sorry ladies). I love the characters. I'm still a kid at heart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom