Why AP Holders are waiting in line for hours to pay $20....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How much freaking popcorn does one person (or even a whole family) need in a day? Are they just grazing on it for hours? And do they show up at the turnstyle the next morning with their bottomless cornbucket ready to go???

These are APs that go multiple times a week and probably eat a bucket of popcorn once or twice a trip. With a $1 for refill it basically pays for itself after a week or two.

George Lucas on a Bench

This thread reminds me that somewhere I have a DCA popcorn bucket from opening week. I wonder if it's worth anything?

Hmm. Not likely. Popcorn bucket collectors? The holy Grail is this Titanic one with the original promotional art.

s-l300.jpg

Stevek

This has very little to do with it being a refillable popcorn bucket, they have been doing that for a while now and I don't recall seeing lines like this. We had one of the simple AP buckets, didn't wait in any line, refilled it once...#suckers. This is all about them wanting the collectible little green man bucket.

Rich T

[QUOTE="Disney Irish Bruh, post: 8179517, member: 114194"...go multiple times a week and probably eat a bucket of popcorn once or twice a trip. With a $1 for refill it basically pays for itself after a week or two.[/QUOTE]
That's the best description of a typical AP holder I've ever read. Add in the fact that they're lugging the tacky bucket *back* to the park for the privilege of paying a *reasonable* price for their popcorn fix. Do they think they're "Sticking it to the Man" when all along "The Man (The WDC)" is manipulating them like puppets?

This is a really fun, goofy topic to discuss, and I agree when it comes to "entertainment" for people... whatever. Let them eat popcorn. But I also agree that a large number of these people are scalper jerks.

shortstop

This in a nutshell is my problem with many AP’s. They care more about merchandise, special food items, limited time festivals, etc. than they do about attractions, theming, history, etc. It skews the idea of what a Disney Park should be. For too many, it is not a place to go every once in a while and be wowed by feats of imagineering, it is a place to go 3x a week because they released a new popcorn bucket, or a new flavor of donut, or added a new float to a 10-year-old-parade. Smh

Phroobar

I wish there was a tag we could see who here has an AP and how long they've had it. I'm willing to bet the most vocal anti-AP people all have one for years. "Only my friends may have an AP. Everyone else must not have one since you are not my friend."

shortstop

I wish there was a tag we could see who here has an AP and how long they've had it. I'm willing to bet the most vocal anti-AP people all have one for years. "Only my friends may have an AP. Everyone else must not have one since you are not my friend."
It’s not APs themselves people have problems with. I’m sure the vast majority of people who have APs are fine. What’s more annoying are those who are entitled and go (what seems like) multiple times per week.

Rich T

No AP here. :) I'm a "buy my park-hoppers at AAA for my annual trip" guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom