Sapphire Falls view question

Rob562

Original Poster
We may be taking a quick trip down to Universal, and are looking at Sapphire Falls with an AP discount. I had a question about room views.

The three views for rooms are Standard, Lagoon and Pool. Lagoon and Pool are pretty self-explanatory, and it's clear where those rooms are when looking at the resort map. So I presume that would make everything else Standard?

Most Standard View rooms seem to be Guest House 3 facing Hollywood Way, but I presume there are some in GH2 facing the driveway and Aventura. What about the back side of GH1 facing toward the convention center? There's a lawn between GH1 and the convention center. Are those considered Standard?

I was hoping to get something close-ish to the boat dock, since some rooms really seem to be a hike from it, and GH1 seems ideal.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

-Rob

JoeCamel

We may be taking a quick trip down to Universal, and are looking at Sapphire Falls with an AP discount. I had a question about room views.

The three views for rooms are Standard, Lagoon and Pool. Lagoon and Pool are pretty self-explanatory, and it's clear where those rooms are when looking at the resort map. So I presume that would make everything else Standard?

Most Standard View rooms seem to be Guest House 3 facing Hollywood Way, but I presume there are some in GH2 facing the driveway and Aventura. What about the back side of GH1 facing toward the convention center? There's a lawn between GH1 and the convention center. Are those considered Standard?

I was hoping to get something close-ish to the boat dock, since some rooms really seem to be a hike from it, and GH1 seems ideal.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

-Rob
It was $10 more to have the lagoon view last time I stayed. It is worth the extra money to be there.

ChanceH

First trip there I had standard view. My view was the front parking lot. Second trip I had lagoon view. It was exactly as you think it would be.

JohnD

I may switch to Lagoon View. Currently I have a FL resident reservation for three nights (May 29 - June 1) in a standard room for $139/night or $469.13 total. FL Resident Lagoon View is $154/night or $519.75 total. A difference of $50.62. Might be worth the extra $50 for a better view and closer to the parks.

Edit: Lagoon view is offered with checkout on May 31. But I want to check out on June 1. It switches to pool view. Think I'll keep standard room.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I may switch to Lagoon View. Currently I have a FL resident reservation for three nights (May 29 - June 1) in a standard room for $139/night or $469.13 total. FL Resident Lagoon View is $154/night or $519.75 total. A difference of $50.62. Might be worth the extra $50 for a better view and closer to the parks.
It will be. If you have a choice get house 3 about 3rd floor or higher and halfway or a bit more down from the elevators.

JohnD

It will be. If you have a choice get house 3 about 3rd floor or higher and halfway or a bit more down from the elevators.

I had to edit my post. Lagoon view is available with checkout on May 31 but NOT June 1. I agree that Lagoon view would be worth the extra $50. Don't think pool view is, though. I think I'll just keep my Standard Room.

ChanceH

I have pool view room reserved at the APH rate May 12-18th. Haven’t stayed in a pool view so will be able to take pics and give ou some info if your interested.
I had to edit my post. Lagoon view is available with checkout on May 31 but NOT June 1. I agree that Lagoon view would be worth the extra $50. Don't think pool view is, though. I think I'll just keep my Standard Room.

ChanceH

Can you request a room but a parking lot view? I have gotten rooms at the wilderness Lodge in the past that were closer to the boat then just about anywhere in the hotel. It was matter of being on the outside facing part of the hotel but I was right at the exit that was closer to the boats. My view was bad, service trucks and some pine trees but for usefulness I was fine with the room. Cheaper too.
Sorry don't know how exactly how the Falls is setup?
I’m not honestly sure. I would assume you can

Rob562

Original Poster
Sorry don't know how exactly how the Falls is setup?

Here's the layout. I've marked the various guest rooms with colors.

sketch-1524716244594.png

Yellow is Pool View.
Red is Lagoon View.
Pink is Standard View.

It's the rooms I marked with Orange in the upper-right that I'm not sure about. I'd *assume* they were Standard, since the look out at neither the pool nor the lagoon. Ideally any room in Guest House 1 (upper right) is best located for access to the boat dock. Some of the rooms in the bottom-left corner are quite a haul from the dock.

-Rob

JohnD

View attachment 280645

Yellow is Pool View.
Red is Lagoon View.
Pink is Standard View.

It's the rooms I marked with Orange in the upper-right that I'm not sure about. I'd *assume* they were Standard, since the look out at neither the pool nor the lagoon. Ideally any room in Guest House 1 (upper right) is best located for access to the boat dock. Some of the rooms in the bottom-left corner are quite a haul from the dock.

-Rob

Thanks. It gives me a good idea of where anywhere on property I'll end up in a standard view. I just decided to keep that type of room. A FR rate of $139/night is a good rate. It's my first trip (combined with WDW) so I'm all about saving money this time. Besides, there are no more lagoon or pool views available for my timeframe.

JohnD

Just checked in and first thing is took a few pics for you JohnD. I'm in room 2575.

Thanks. I appreciate the follow up, especially during your vacation! It's probably no surprise by now but there are no pool view rooms available anymore. Or no standard or lagoon for that matter either. I have my standard room for $139/night and I'm okay with that.

Rob562

Original Poster

View attachment 280645

Yellow is Pool View.
Red is Lagoon View.
Pink is Standard View.

-Rob

Yes, I'm replying to my own post... :)

We just got back from our quick 3-night stay in a standard room at Sapphire. I was correct in my previous assumption that the rooms I marked in Orange are Standard view rooms.

We asked for a room close to the water taxi, and were given a room on the top floor, three doors down from the elevator looking out across at the large windows of the convention center, and down at the roof of the event pavilion in the courtyard. The top of Aventura was visible up and to the right, and some of I-4 and Fun Spot beyond it could be seen if we looked way to the left. The elevators brought us right down and out to the water taxi.

Here's a couple pics of the view from our room.

IMG_20180513_105806.jpg

IMG_20180513_105814.jpg

IMG_20180513_105822.jpg

Overall we liked Sapphire, and will likely stay there again (especially with an AP rate putting it in the same price range as Cabana Bay).

-Rob

Last edited:

JohnD

A week ago, I received an email that other views were available. One of those was "Lagoon View". I clicked the availability, got a quick "Thank you" and that was it. When I re-clicked, it said that view was no longer available. When I went to look at my reservation, it still said Standard View ($139/night). I figured I lost out on the opportunity. I opened up my reservation today and it said Lagoon View ($154/night). I called Sapphire Falls to confirm. Yep, Lagoon View. Um, okay. I decided to keep it.

Last edited:

JohnD

More views are becoming available. Maybe because of people cancelling because of the weather. Given a choice (which I do): Sapphire Lagoon View ($154/night) or Cabana Volcano Side Room ($134/night)?

Last edited:

JoeCamel

More views are becoming available. Maybe because of people cancelling because of the weather. Given a choice (which I do): Saffire Lagoon View ($154/night) or Cabana Volcano Side Room ($134/night)?
Make sure the volcano view room is in Bayside or Beachside towers. If it is that is where I am staying next week but paying $20 more

JohnD

Make sure the volcano view room is in Bayside or Beachside towers. If it is that is where I am staying next week but paying $20 more

As Lagoon is a known quantity at Sapphire Falls, I think I'll keep that. It's also closer to the parks.

Last edited:

Rob562

Original Poster
More views are becoming available. Maybe because of people cancelling because of the weather. Given a choice (which I do): Saffire Lagoon View ($154/night) or Cabana Volcano Side Room ($134/night)?

Unless you're going to Volcano Bay and want the easy access through the gate from Cabana Bay, I'd vote for Sapphire Lagoon.

-I prefer the water taxi at Sapphire to the bus at Cabana Bay. You clear security before getting on the boat and then it drops you right by the parks. With CB you bus to the far end of City Walk, deal with the day guest crowds coming from the garages at security, then have to make your way through City Walk. This alone is worth the slightly-more money.

-The walk to/from those outer volcano-view rooms at Cabana Bay is quite a trek.

-If you have a Sapphire Lagoon view and ask to be near the water taxi, you'll most likely be across the hall from where our room was. You can be out to the dock in 2-3 minutes. Admittedly it gives you a slightly longer walk to the pool, but we go to/from the boat more often than the pool. (A tip: From those rooms in Guest House 1, take the elevator down to Floor 2, and it's a quick walk over to the pool, rather than going through the lobby area) The rooms in GH1 are also the closest to Amatista and the Grab & Go place by the lobby.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom