The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
In the early days of GPS I used to test it to see how close it came to directing me to places I already new the direction I used. So, this one time, coming back from Wells Beach, Maine. I asked it how to get home. During the first 50 or so miles back it directed me in ways that I knew were the longest. I don't doubt that they would have eventually gotten me home, but, just the long way. It kept having to redirect me over and over again. Eventually I was driving along the lake were the New Bob Newhart show beginning scene was and it, out of no where told me to turn left. Unfortunately, a left turn there would have driven me clean into the lake. That lady is one vengeful random voice. My new GPS, via Waze is much more friendly and hasn't tried even once to kill me. It is a phone app. and it tells me when there is a pothole, an accident, a car stopped on the side of the road and even if there is a police car up ahead. I like Geraldine. She's my Waze voice and I think she likes me. Even when I tell her to shut up, I am going this other way whether she likes it of not, she never seems to get mad. My wife used to take exception to that kind of thing.

Giggle. :joyfull:

donaldtoo

You, your family, Pups and greater Austin area are in my thoughts and prayers. Pray they get the creep fast. Upsetting and Unnerving.

Chicago's North and Northwest sides today was a string of robberies the last I saw 2 more this evening, from Salons to Food delivery people to people walking on sidewalk. One Limo driver also reported to have won having his auto car-jacked. They believe the same couple of people. These are some of the safest areas of Chicago and many of which where we were last week. Makes ya angry and so unsettling. Lack of better words for all these this type of crimes.

Two juvenile suspects are in custody for 15 of the robberies.

Thanks.

Goof grief. Prayers the madness ends for y'all soon too, and so glad to hear they have two in custody. Hope they have the right suspects.
All of it is just sooooo beyond not right.

Gabe1

We went to Great Wolf Lodge over Easter last year.. had fish tacos for dinner.lol

Thanks.

Goof grief. Prayers the madness ends for y'all soon too, and so glad to hear they have two in custody. Hope they have the right suspects.
All of it is just sooooo beyond not right.

Thanks, my thought too, but info is sketchy here but whoever did most of these anyhow used the same car and they had a plate number and some video. We shall see. Now who the heck upstarted it again this evening? Sometimes I fear copycats.

Your areas situation reminds me of our youth and Unabomber Ted Kaczynski. Dang scary times.

Cesar R M

I don’t trust them. They are computers and can also be hacked. Whose to say that some sick computer genius would hack into a system and program someone’s car to drive off the road? As @Goofyernmost said, computers have a knack for crashing. They also seem to only last a couple if years before
they burn out.
Will you believe if i tell you that almost every single car has a computer inside?
While they do get damaged, its less usual than you'd expect if the car is well maintained.

As for hacking, it can depend on multiple things.

Because technically, any smart system can be hacked if they allow remote access. Ie.. just like how people have hacked road lights and billboards.

If the car is well hardened, it wont get hacked easily and would require physical access.
It all depends on how cheap the makers want to risk their hardening against remote access.

Also, I would not be surprised if these cars have also secondary or backup systems which trigger in emergency when the main one goes bonkers.

Planes for example, have tons of redundancies. Most pilots nowaday pilot using the auto pilot (which is essentially now a very complex computer) and only when there are way too many unavoidable problems.. the auto pilot is shutoff and the pilots warned to take control.

Gabe1

I just looked at Cosmic Rays and the falafel burger is gone!!:mad:

Yep. They have gone back to a Lunch and a Dinner menu. The Falafel Burger, Barbecued Pork Sandwich, and Triple Chocolate Cake bit the dust about 2 weeks ago and replaced with BBQ platter, Ribs at dinner (mixed reviews) and a cookie cheesecake. Lots of sad guests.

You might want to ask @ajrwdwgirl - construction might have started AGAIN at Cosmic. Remember in 2014 during the New Hub construction when they enclosed the outdoor seating well they are now adding outdoor seating. So it could be a construction nightmare once again. I wonder if they will paint it all white like the rest of Tomorrowland is being painted? Makes sense that they repainted Space Mountain all white while we were there last year. SM looked so cool as they used lighting of various colors at night. By day I wasn't impressed with the all white.

Gabe1

I vote that the United States should have a national instrument and it shall be the bagpipes.

Have heard a lot of bagpipes here the last week. If you walk our Riverwalk the fire department backs up to one small section but you can hear one fire fighter practicing his bagpipe out in the parking lot. It is really pretty and usually some familiar but sad songs. He is part of the organization that plays for public officials, firefighters, police officers etc that have died. We had 2 bagpipers at my Dads funeral.

But this week we had happy bagpipers for St Patrick's Day. The area has a couple very competitive Irish Dance Troops and with them comes bagpipes. Always fun.

Gabe1

LOL . . . it's the SIZE of that room that gets me--much larger than our bedroom! :hilarious: (I mean, how big of a bathroom do people need?! They must be really filthy. :p )

Giggle! A good friend of mine moved from my neighborhood into a massive mansion her husband concocted. She left a 5 level, split that had a master bath that took half of the top floor, equal to her equally massive bedroom.

When her hubby bought the land she wanted a ranch, her kids grown and out, she wanted a massive kitchen and a butlers kitchen but everything else she wanted to be large enough but not ridiculous.

He planned, he edited he planned. 4 car garage, 4 bedrooms all with private large bathrooms, huge living room, equally large family room and an office for him, a laundry CENTER for her and then he decided to add 2 more bedrooms to the plans on a second level. It is drop dead gorgeous for the empty nesters. She hates it. It is triple the size of her last home. Hubby had sold his large commercial roofing corp and building the house his hobby. He even built her a fountain on a private patio outside the french doors to their bedroom. When they were about to move in several years ago she pointed to the fountain and granite benches and said that was going to be where hubby slept. She is still mad at him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom