Can’t Decide

hoffj070

Original Poster
My husband, 2-year-old son, and I are going in May for 6 nights and can’t decide where to stay. It’s narrowed down to GF, YC/BC, or Contemporary. We will spend time split between Epcot and MK with one day at AK.

We like each for different reasons and can’t decide what outweighs the other for selection process. Key items are a pool for our son (really like the water play area at GF), convenient to parks, and a balcony for my husband.

Any recommendations or what’s worked best for others with an active 2-year-old?

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I think the contemporary is a nice resort, its in walking distance for MK, and on the monorail loop, so getting to Epcot is easy and for that reason, I'd recommend that resort.

The Grand Floridian looks beautiful and its also on the monorail loop, but its not in walking distance to MK

I understand BC/YC is in walking distance to Epcot, and I'm not knocking them, but I'd prefer the contemporary myself. I think it has more going for it, but that's just my personal opinion

TARDIS

Personally I prefer YC/BC. I love the sand bottom pool!!!!And being walking distance to Epcot means you have so many great dining options nearby. we found ourselves at Epcot nightly. My second choice would be the contemporary, especially with a theme park view :inlove:. Your husband may love that balcony view and little one might prefer Magic Kingdom.

zurgandfriend

With a small child I recommend being on the monorail and close to the Magic Kingdom. When or DS was little we stayed at both Grand Floridian and the Contemporary. Either is great, some find the GF "stuffy" but my DS loved the pools there.

slappy magoo

Contemporary. Walk to MK, monorail back, use monorail to Epcot or to the other monorail resorts for meals, boats to WL/FW if you want to ever eat in one of their restaurants. Best of all worlds.

Hockey89

Contemporary is by far my least favorite of the four... Doesn't come close to measuring up.

BC/YC are my favorite for sure... Can walk to two parks... Can go to Epcot for a while and take Monorail to MK...

BoarderPhreak

Each of these resorts has a good list of both pros and cons, be it theming, location, amenities and transportation. I don't know that there's any clear "winner" except for the one that matches your particular must-haves. Certainly all of them are great, however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom