Should I can my Na'vi River Journey morning FP+ (and do rope drop) for an afternoon Flight of Passage

juniorthomas

Definitely not worth more than around a 20 min wait max for Navi River Journey. I’m glad I had a FP for it, and could walk by the 105 min standby line. I pity those people who had to wait that long for a little boat ride.
This. Definitely this. I'm not sure I'd wait more than 15 minutes for this one. It looked nice, but it isn't worth trading a significant portion of your day.

exnihlio13

Original Poster
Definitely FP+ FOP. Another option for NRJ is to ride it just after Rivers of Light, if you plan on seeing that show. I made a beeline for it after ROL and was on NRJ within 5 minutes.

Oh...nice call!
We do plan on seeing Rivers of Light so that would be a good follow up option..especially if we tap & go a fastpass.
Be a nice way to end the evening.

Mainahman

Have a blast!!
IMG_20180308_190423.jpg

Mainahman

Oh...nice call!
We do plan on seeing Rivers of Light so that would be a good follow up option..especially if we tap & go a fastpass.
Be a nice way to end the evening.
Rivers of light is breathtaking. I havent felt that way about Disney Fireworks since i first saw Illuminations reflections of earth for the first time in 2001.

mmelka

We tried to RD Pandora twice in February, unfortunately we arrived later then we wanted, and it was about a 90-120 minute wait instantly for FOP while NRJ remained a walk on experience. If you could take advantage of the EMH, it might be worth trying to get on FOP then. I was lucky enough to snag FPP for FOP when AK extended their hours, I would just say to remain vigilant, that a FPP might pop up if you are constantly checking! Or if possible, you could break your party into twos, and possibly get overlapping FPP times.

Also, I hope your daughter is brave enough to experience it! It is without a doubt, the best attraction on the WDW property, possibly all of Disney.

And as you've said, if you can only snag a late FPP or FOP, it would still be worth it to avoid a 120+ minute line, when you can take advantage of a short line at RD for NRJ, or ride it later in the evening after the first show of River of Lights, etc. Waiting only 10-15 min for FOP, but having to wait the other rides - KS, EE, Dinosaur - while not ideal, isnt the worst compared to 120 minutes. If I could only do 3 FPP for AK, it would be FOP, KS and EE/Dinosaur. I prefer EE, but the queue isnt bad if you do have to wait - while Dinosaur is a pretty meh queue at best. Also, if you do arrive a little late to EMH, you could hit up the rest of the park while everyone else goes to Pandora and still walk onto rides such as EE/Dinosaur, or minimal wait for KS.

EDIT -- I have now read the rest of the thread, I am happy you got somewhat early FPP for FOP! I really think its a ride worth planning your day around. And after riding it a few times last trip, I would be willing to spend 100 min in line for it easy. Only other ride worth that time in my books is Indiana Jones - though I've never rode Radiator Racers, so that might be up there too.

Last edited:

exnihlio13

Original Poster
We tried to RD Pandora twice in February, unfortunately we arrived later then we wanted, and it was about a 90-120 minute wait instantly for FOP while NRJ remained a walk on experience. If you could take advantage of the EMH, it might be worth trying to get on FOP then. I was lucky enough to snag FPP for FOP when AK extended their hours, I would just say to remain vigilant, that a FPP might pop up if you are constantly checking! Or if possible, you could break your party into twos, and possibly get overlapping FPP times.

Also, I hope your daughter is brave enough to experience it! It is without a doubt, the best attraction on the WDW property, possibly all of Disney.

And as you've said, if you can only snag a late FPP or FOP, it would still be worth it to avoid a 120+ minute line, when you can take advantage of a short line at RD for NRJ, or ride it later in the evening after the first show of River of Lights, etc. Waiting only 10-15 min for FOP, but having to wait the other rides - KS, EE, Dinosaur - while not ideal, isnt the worst compared to 120 minutes. If I could only do 3 FPP for AK, it would be FOP, KS and EE/Dinosaur. I prefer EE, but the queue isnt bad if you do have to wait - while Dinosaur is a pretty meh queue at best. Also, if you do arrive a little late to EMH, you could hit up the rest of the park while everyone else goes to Pandora and still walk onto rides such as EE/Dinosaur, or minimal wait for KS.

EDIT -- I have now read the rest of the thread, I am happy you got somewhat early FPP for FOP! I really think its a ride worth planning your day around. And after riding it a few times last trip, I would be willing to spend 100 min in line for it easy. Only other ride worth that time in my books is Indiana Jones - though I've never rode Radiator Racers, so that might be up there too.
Awesome tips! Thanks so much.
When we went last year we had to cut Animal Kingdom shorter than we wanted to park hop to Magic Kingdom for the HEA fireworks. Plus Pandora wasn't open yet.
We figure to RD River Journey and if it crazy town heading that way we may just come back in the evening as a few have suggested.
We already have KJ and KR fastpasses (along with the early evening FoP).
I think a large portion of the in between will be touring the animals. We missed out on alot of that last time.
Thanks again!

mmelka

Awesome tips! Thanks so much.
When we went last year we had to cut Animal Kingdom shorter than we wanted to park hop to Magic Kingdom for the HEA fireworks. Plus Pandora wasn't open yet.
We figure to RD River Journey and if it crazy town heading that way we may just come back in the evening as a few have suggested.
We already have KJ and KR fastpasses (along with the early evening FoP).
I think a large portion of the in between will be touring the animals. We missed out on alot of that last time.
Thanks again!

I'm glad I could help!

I hope that its not too busy too! When we went in February, touring the animals was almost more exhausting than standing in line, but I imagine May will be much better. My wife and I went in May 2016, and had a fabulous time with minimum waits and were able to tour the animals leisurely. Pandora was just finishing construction then, and Frozen was a few months out from being done at the time too. We've decided that when we go back again, it'll be May or will be September, one of those "off" months.

EDIT -- I keep forgetting things, but you could also try modifying your FPP for FOP and seeing if an earlier time slot shows up too! That way you don't lose your current FPP without finding a better time slot.

exnihlio13

Original Poster
I'm glad I could help!

I hope that its not too busy too! When we went in February, touring the animals was almost more exhausting than standing in line, but I imagine May will be much better. My wife and I went in May 2016, and had a fabulous time with minimum waits and were able to tour the animals leisurely. Pandora was just finishing construction then, and Frozen was a few months out from being done at the time too. We've decided that when we go back again, it'll be May or will be September, one of those "off" months.

EDIT -- I keep forgetting things, but you could also try modifying your FPP for FOP and seeing if an earlier time slot shows up too! That way you don't lose your current FPP without finding a better time slot.

May really hits that sweet spot of us of having our vacation days topped up and it's warm enough that you feel you`re on vacation (we`re from the Ottawa, Ontario area). Ocean is warm enough to swim in. You can get some real nice sunny days but there`s usually a bit of a beeze and it seems to avoid the spring break by going early/mid May.

I've been poking in here and there to see if anything earlier comes up for FoP but I actually don't mind that time.
Currently it's showing nada for FP+ so I'm glad I grabbed the slot I did. Gives us a buffer for supper (which will be a QS if not just a walk up hotdog or something) and lets things get a bit darker. By the time we'd come out of FoP then we'd be able to really take in Pandora in full glow. Heck we may even be able to standby or re"FP+ River Journey again by that time of night.

mmelka

I imagine NRJ will have a short wait after FOP. I've heard good things about the QS inside of Pandora, but I also recommend Yak & Yeti with an ADR. My wife and I just split two appetizers, and you must do sushi nachos as one of them!

exnihlio13

Original Poster
I imagine NRJ will have a short wait after FOP. I've heard good things about the QS inside of Pandora, but I also recommend Yak & Yeti with an ADR. My wife and I just split two appetizers, and you must do sushi nachos as one of them!

Already have lunch @Y&Y for 12:30 my friend. Sushi nachos eh? We'll take a look...

CoreNovawarAMM

May really hits that sweet spot of us of having our vacation days topped up and it's warm enough that you feel you`re on vacation (we`re from the Ottawa, Ontario area). Ocean is warm enough to swim in. You can get some real nice sunny days but there`s usually a bit of a beeze and it seems to avoid the spring break by going early/mid May.

I've been poking in here and there to see if anything earlier comes up for FoP but I actually don't mind that time.
Currently it's showing nada for FP+ so I'm glad I grabbed the slot I did. Gives us a buffer for supper (which will be a QS if not just a walk up hotdog or something) and lets things get a bit darker. By the time we'd come out of FoP then we'd be able to really take in Pandora in full glow. Heck we may even be able to standby or re"FP+ River Journey again by that time of night.

I recommend the Satul’i Canteen in Pandora, for a supper option. It has a nice atmosphere (especially when it’s getting dark outside), and the food is delicious. Sharing is a good option for cutting down expenses, as the portions are pretty good-sized (and filling).

exnihlio13

Original Poster
I recommend the Satul’i Canteen in Pandora, for a supper option. It has a nice atmosphere (especially when it’s getting dark outside), and the food is delicious. Sharing is a good option for cutting down expenses, as the portions are pretty good-sized (and filling).

Likely will do. Never considered how nifty it'll be a nighttime. Sounds like a plan!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom