Epcot Freestanding Snack Carts Selling Miller Lite and Coors Lite Instead of Bud Light.

Bender123

Then they are wrong.

I just don't understand where this whole idea comes from...There are a bunch of laws for labeling of beer, but in 99% of the world, adjuncts are not part of it. Based on how some folks are reacting on this topic, Bourbon County Coffee Stout would not be beer, because its coffee and bourbon.

In some states in the US, there are laws on being a Malt Liquor vs beer, but its based on the OG of the brew, not what is added. A high gravity Stout might be a malt liquor, simply because its going to be high ABV, not because you are going to throw Frozen Pizza and pennies into it...looking at you Evil Twin Big @$$ Money Stout...

Rosso11

Some of you are confusing the German Reinheitsgebot laws for the rest of Europe. Most of the world has breweries and specific styles that use corn in beer. I use to have a negative connotation with corn in beer as well. However over the last 20 years I have been in the beer industry and my job has taken me to hundreds of breweries all over the world. Touring Belgium breweries was an eye opener the first time when it came to corn. What most consider some of the best breweries/beer in the world were using corn and they’ve been doing it for generation. Even many of the Trappist breweries use corn in their beers. I asked a few of them about it and they all laughed about how Americans view corn. They said in Belgium it’s an important ingredient used to “balance out” certain beers. So basically yes there are some terrible beers made with corn but there are also some amazing beers made with corn. It’s not the corn that is important. It’s the final product.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Some of you are confusing the German Reinheitsgebot laws for the rest of Europe. Most of the world has breweries and specific styles that use corn in beer. I use to have a negative connotation with corn in beer as well. However over the last 20 years I have been in the beer industry and my job has taken me to hundreds of breweries all over the world. Touring Belgium breweries was an eye opener the first time when it came to corn. What most consider some of the best breweries/beer in the world were using corn and they’ve been doing it for generation. Even many of the Trappist breweries use corn in their beers. I asked a few of them about it and they all laughed about how Americans view corn. They said in Belgium it’s an important ingredient used to “balance out” certain beers. So basically yes there are some terrible beers made with corn but there are also some amazing beers made with corn. It’s not the corn that is important. It’s the final product.

lets face it Bud Lite is a beverage almost but not entirely unlike beer... with apologies to Douglas Adams

jakeman

lets face it Bud Lite is a beverage almost but not entirely unlike beer... with apologies to Douglas Adams
Bud Light is a beer regardless of ones opinion on it's quality.
You explained it better than I ever could. Thank you for your contribution to this thread!

jakeman

Guess what? All three of those beers suck. 🤮

There are literally sooooo many other, better beers to be had. The LAST thing I would do is buy one of those.
Especially for 8 bucks per 12 oz cup.
Absolutely! I'll be smuggling my NEIPAs in my luggage to enjoy at the resort for $4-5/can instead of that water they claim is beer at the parks for 2x as much!
Just start selling O’Douls and call it a day.
Comments like this are why people roll their eyes at craft drinkers and deservedly so.

There are plenty of other beers across property that aren't American Light Lagers.

If you don't like their take on the style that's fine, but some people do and that's okay as well.

BoarderPhreak

Comments like this are why people roll their eyes at craft drinkers and deservedly so.

There are plenty of other beers across property that aren't American Light Lagers.

If you don't like their take on the style that's fine, but some people do and that's okay as well.
It's not even necessarily "craft beers" that are the answer - there are plenty of mass produced beers that are better than the three in the title. C'mon. Miller/Bud/Coors Lite? Mouse p*ss.

jakeman

It's not even necessarily "craft beers" that are the answer - there are plenty of mass produced beers that are better than the three in the title. C'mon. Miller/Bud/Coors Lite? Mouse p*ss.

EDIT: To be clear, I would rather not drink a beer than drink one of these, but just because I don't like something doesn't mean it's objectively bad

I guess the difference is I'm okay with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom