The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good evening!
I have a youtube channel. It just dawned on me that maybe some of my WDWMagic friends would find it interesting to view one of my compositions. It is 1 minute 23 seconds in length. This video is a song I composed for my best 5th grade flute player to perform at our band concert. I call it "A Cheerful Song".....and for demonstration purposes, I'm the one playing the flute. :joyfull::)

This is a really cute tune and cheerful, too!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Goofyernmost , what do you think of the new driverless buses they are testing in San Ramon, California? (Other various topics on Google about this new technology--interesting discussions from parents--if they'd ever want their children on driverless school buses--in the future.) Anyway, since you've driven buses, I was curious about what you thought of all this.

Here's the California experiment--

http://abc7news.com/technology/californias-first-driverless-bus-hits-the-road-in-san-ramon/3183813/

MySmallWorldof4

Good evening!
I have a youtube channel. It just dawned on me that maybe some of my WDWMagic friends would find it interesting to view one of my compositions. It is 1 minute 23 seconds in length. This video is a song I composed for my best 5th grade flute player to perform at our band concert. I call it "A Cheerful Song".....and for demonstration purposes, I'm the one playing the flute. :joyfull::)

This one is my trumpet composition. 1 minute and 9 seconds. For example purposes, I am the trumpet player. As you may have guessed, my youtube channel allows my students to get their solo "stuck in their head". They can listen to it at home as often as they like :cool:;)

Those are great! I prefer the trumpet because I just love their sound. I grew up on classical music because my grandmother was a professional violinist. I learned to play, but I always preferred the trumpet sound. My favorite pop/rock songs are the ones with loads of trumpets in them. Thise of course are pre-millenial, mostly 70 and 80’s. Phil Collins used them a lot. Thanks for sharing.

SteveBrickNJ

Those are great! I prefer the trumpet because I just love their sound. I grew up on classical music because my grandmother was a professional violinist. I learned to play, but I always preferred the trumpet sound. My favorite pop/rock songs are the ones with loads of trumpets in them. Thise of course are pre-millenial, mostly 70 and 80’s. Phil Collins used them a lot. Thanks for sharing.
Thank YOU for sharing your feedback with me. :)Did your grandmother influence you to like my favorite concerto....the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks. Those are my Asics. They are my go to Disney Shoes. I take 2 pairs and a pair of Merrill sandals and I'm good. Except during our December trip. Nothing kept me and my feet warm that trip. Nasty cold for Florida.

How was your weather the rest of the week?

Asics are my go to Disney and walking shoe as well. The weather did warm up the last few days and was lovely.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
@Goofyernmost , what do you think of the new driverless buses they are testing in San Ramon, California? (Other various topics on Google about this new technology--interesting discussions from parents--if they'd ever want their children on driverless school buses--in the future.) Anyway, since you've driven buses, I was curious about what you thought of all this.

Here's the California experiment--

http://abc7news.com/technology/californias-first-driverless-bus-hits-the-road-in-san-ramon/3183813/

This is such a cool concept, but in regards to the school bus..... Kids are really mean. A driverless bus would need an adult chaperone/ guard on board before I felt comfortable putting my kid on one. I remember lots of fights taking place on the buses, where there was already less supervision than in the school house.

Also, how would the driverless bus be prepared to respond in an emergency not directly involving the bus. Like if a kid got off the bus and then got hit by a car, would the driverless bus just drive away?

I am really excited about driverless technology, but I imagine it will be quite some time before they work out the kinks on how exactly to integrate the technology with the school system.

MOXOMUMD

This is such a cool concept, but in regards to the school bus..... Kids are really mean. A driverless bus would need an adult chaperone/ guard on board before I felt comfortable putting my kid on one. I remember lots of fights taking place on the buses, where there was already less supervision than in the school house.

Also, how would the driverless bus be prepared to respond in an emergency not directly involving the bus. Like if a kid got off the bus and then got hit by a car, would the driverless bus just drive away?

I am really excited about driverless technology, but I imagine it will be quite some time before they work out the kinks on how exactly to integrate the technology with the school system.
I would never put my daughter on a driverless bus. Too many times if something would happen most of the other students are unlikely to speak up about what took place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom