Disney Resort Newbie-Pop Century

NICE8x

Original Poster
Hello all. I have been to Disney a few times before but I have never stayed on property. I have booked a preferred pop century room in hopes of being close to transportation and food. I am doing the online check in and it's asking for preferences like which section and whether I want a room on the highest or lowest floor.

My goal is to be as close to transportation/food as possible but also have the quietest room possible. I'm not going to be using the pools and being close to a pool is NOT a priority at all. In fact I probably would prefer to not be near a pool if it's going to noisy. I don't mind being near a pool if it's quiet.

Any advice? I've been googling for an hour and the advice is all over the place. I'm thinking of requesting 70s highest floor. Is that a good choice or no? Is 60s better. Is it better being on a ground floor?

Also does anyone know if Ubers can pickup near the buses or do they have to pickup somewhere else? I read that the buses only come 45 minutes before park opening which isn't early enough for me since I have many 8am dining reservations on days the parks don't open until 9am.

Thanks everyone!

Clamman73

When are you going exactly? Think they are still refurbing the 60s rooms and the 50s will be last. 90s, 80s and 70s are done.

I think Uber would pickup at the little circle loop at the main entrance to the lobby.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
70s is a good choice and an upper floor room will be less noisy than a ground floor room. You will not have pool noise in the 70s.

Buses start running 90 minutes before park opening on non-EMH mornings and 60 minutes prior to EMH. Disney buses will get you to your breakfast reservations on time if you are at the bus stop early. If you prefer to Uber, the pick up is on the far side of the main building (where Magical Express drops off/ picks up.)

NICE8x

Original Poster
When are you going exactly? Think they are still refurbing the 60s rooms and the 50s will be last. 90s, 80s and 70s are done.

I think Uber would pickup at the little circle loop at the main entrance to the lobby.

I am going in May but just before the Toy Story land opens (oh well). I got an email about gondola construction but I have no idea where they are building that.

NICE8x

Original Poster
70s is a good choice and an upper floor room will be less noisy than a ground floor room. You will not have pool noise in the 70s.

Buses start running 90 minutes before park opening on non-EMH mornings and 60 minutes prior to EMH. Disney buses will get you to your breakfast reservations on time if you are at the bus stop early. If you prefer to Uber, the pick up is on the far side of the main building (where Magical Express drops off/ picks up.)

Oh ok thanks. So is the Disney website not accurate when it says "
  • Bus service from Disney Resort hotels begins 45 minutes prior to park opening and ends 1 hour prior to park closing." cause it did seem weird that they wouldn't run buses to get people to dining reservations on time.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
  • Bus service from Disney Resort hotels begins 45 minutes prior to park opening and ends 1 hour prior to park closing." cause it did seem weird that they wouldn't run buses to get people to dining reservations on time.
No that is incorrect. Why would bus service end 1 hour prior to park closing? (How would guests get back to their resort?) I have stayed at Pop many times and buses always come earlier in the morning than “official” Disney time.

Clamman73

I am going in May but just before the Toy Story land opens (oh well). I got an email about gondola construction but I have no idea where they are building that.
I would go with the advice of 70s...

The gondola station is being built at the bridge that goes between Pop and Art of Animation.

NICE8x

Original Poster

You have been so helpful! One more question. If I want to Uber and as you say it picks up near the Magical Express dropoff do you think 70s is too far away? Looking at the map it's hard to gauge just how long the walks are.

Rob562

They start running "character breakfast" buses much earlier than the park buses. These are buses that don't run specific routes, but rather you tell the driver where you're going and they get you there. (Though you might have to make a couple stops depending on who else is on your bus with you)

These usually start running between 6:30 and 7am. And they continue until the park-specific routes start running, which is about an hour before the park opens. (which is what the official bus info refers to)

-Rob

Mainahman

We were just there the first week of March. We had the 90s because I requested a refurbished room. As people stated go for 70s or even 50s or 60s if they are available for a refurbished room. The beds are super comfortable, but you will likely find yourself putting up that Murphy bed daily, at least we did. It really constricts entry to the room otherwise. The barn door is a very nice upgrade from our last stay. Maybe it was just our week, but we found it far more crowded than our last stay in summer time, and the busses while on time for the most part we're a bit more crowded than I could remember. Over all it's a great place to catch some zzzzs and we'll themed.

The food court was pretty good, and if you do breakfast they have a breakfast flatbread pizza they make to order that is delicious! Really honestly enough for two to split.

Have a blast, and eat a few Dole whip for me! POPs food court now has them fyi ;)

PaulaSB12

that is the busses going to the parks from the parks to the hotels it says this

Return service to Disney Resort hotels ends 2 hours after park closing.

As for the Murphy bed I am doing a solo trip so the Murphy bed will stay up. If I have my shift calendar worked out it looks like I will be able to do a Christmas trip and hopefully the new transport system will be open by then.

Rob562

As for the Murphy bed I am doing a solo trip so the Murphy bed will stay up. If I have my shift calendar worked out it looks like I will be able to do a Christmas trip and hopefully the new transport system will be open by then.

If you're talking about Christmas 2019, then yes the new gondola will be open.
If you're talking Christmas 2018, there is pretty much zero chance it'll be open.

-Rob

Smiley/OCD

I concur with what most of the other knowledgeable posters said here...60's or 70's, TOP floor (much quieter, no one running over you on the floor above. We have been on the pool side and the lake side...we prefer the lake view (if you're going to be in the parks during the day, you wont have a construction noise issue to really worry about). Their bus service IMHO, is one of the best at WDW. The food court, while crazy sometimes, has excellent food. If you don't want to deal with the crowds, they will deliver to your room. Our family of 4 have sort of outgrown POP, so we now stay across the lake at AOA, but I was there for one night in late January dropping off my DD who is in the DCP. Other than the size for us, we've never had a bad experience there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom