Splash Mountain Refurb

mickEblu

Bruh, can you believe that my comment was banned on Theme Park Insider Discussion Forum back in the day for making a compelling case why Pirates of the Carribean @ DL was better than Shanghai Pirates?

I remember I was because my post took real thought, sweat & heart, yet it never saw the light of day.

That’s bruh! Anyway you can copy and paste that work of art over here?

Hattieboxghost110

Original Poster
Bruh, I'm actually heading up to Pomona tomorrow for a work conference. Any cool recommendations in the area? (I know you're a city mouse, I'm a country mouse.)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Bruh, I'm actually heading up to Pomona tomorrow for a work conference. Any cool recommendations in the area? (I know you're a city mouse, I'm a country mouse.)
Hahah. Like to eat? I’m ashamed to say I don’t really know much about Pomona. Usually just drive right through.

Bruh, if you're like a meat eater and like a good steak I hear The Meat Cellar is pretty good. While I've never been there I do want to try it at least once. They are said to have a giant tomahawk steak. Its actually in Claremont, which is right next to Pomona.

There are a couple other places in Claremont for similar type of eats. As for actual things to do I don't know of much, but here is a list:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g32911-Activities-Pomona_California.html

mickEblu

Bruh, if you're like a meat eater and like a good steak I hear The Meat Cellar is pretty good. While I've never been there I do want to try it at least once. They are said to have a giant tomahawk steak. Its actually in Claremont, which is right next to Pomona.

There are a couple other places in Claremont for similar type of eats.

Thanks for the rec brosef. I love to eat and I do love meat. I’ll check it out. Love me a good ribeye. Although lately I’m leaning more filet mignon as they seem to be more consistent at restaurants. A good rib eye beats a good filet but I find they are not as consistent.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thanks for the rec brosef. I love to eat and I do love meat. I’ll check it out. Love me a good ribeye. Although lately I’m leaning more filet mignon as they seem to be more consistent at restaurants. A good rib eye beats a good filet but I find they are not as consistent.

Np, Han Brolo, the Bruh Club has to help each other out.

TP2000

While the Meat Cellar is very good, I have another option for your consideration. The fabulous Magic Lamp Inn. It's on Route 66 in Rancho Cucamonga, about a 15 minute drive from Pomona.

01_Magic-Lamp-Inn.jpg

It opened in 1955, same year as Disneyland, and can be even more magical than Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom on weekends when the local sixty-something funsters invade the bar and the live band crashes into Hang On Sloopy and everyone floods the dancefloor to Frug their hearts out. I'm not making that up, I've seen it with my own eyes. (Although I held back until I finished my drink and the band played something you could Twist to instead of the Frug or the Jerk. I have standards.)

But it also is an old school Route 66 Steakhouse, sort of swanky-meets-suburbia, with a sunken fire pit in the dining room, red leather banquettes, a relish plate delivered to the table as a welcome course, and flaming Cherries Jubilee prepared tableside for dessert. Be ready to eat giant slabs of Prime Rib and T-Bone steaks, no vegetarian options available except maybe a Caesar Salad, tossed tableside naturally.

GetImage.ashx

A Monday evening will probably be very mellow, there will be no band in the bar, but if you like old school steaks with all the traditional fixin's, it's a fantastic gem on Route 66.

You can't miss it after sundown, because the sign still has a gas flame firing out of the neon magic lamp, for no good reason except to look cool to passing Chryslers and Cadillacs. It's been doing all this since 1955, pre-freeway, when Route 66 was the only road into town from the desert. http://magiclampinn.com/

ENTERTAINMENT_140319375_AR_0_PGGYWACRUAXV.jpg

I'm sorry, were we supposed to be talking about a Splash Mountain reburbishment? :cool:

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While the Meat Cellar is very good, I have another option for your consideration. The fabulous Magic Lamp Inn. It's on Route 66 in Rancho Cucamonga, about a 15 minute drive from Pomona.

01_Magic-Lamp-Inn.jpg

It opened in 1955, same year as Disneyland, and can be even more magical than Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom on weekends when the local sixty-something funsters invade the bar and the live band crashes into Hang On Sloopy and everyone floods the dancefloor to Frug their hearts out. I'm not making that up, I've seen it with my own eyes. (Although I held back until the band played something you could Twist to instead of the Frug or the Jerk. I have standards.)

But it also is an old school Route 66 Steakhouse, sort of swanky-meets-suburbia, with a sunken fire pit in the dining room, red leather banquettes, a relish plate delivered to the table as a welcome course, and flaming Cherries Jubilee prepared tableside for dessert. Be ready to eat giant slabs of Prime Rib and T-Bone steaks, no vegetarian options available except maybe a Caesar Salad, tossed tableside naturally.

GetImage.ashx

A Monday evening will probably be very mellow, there will be no band in the bar, but if you like old school steaks with all the traditional fixin's, it's a fantastic gem on Route 66.

You can't miss it after sundown, because the sign still has a gas flame firing out of the neon magic lamp, for no good reason except to look cool. It's been doing all this since 1955, pre-freeway, when Route 66 was the only road into town from the desert. http://magiclampinn.com/

I'm sorry, were we supposed to be talking about a Splash Mountain reburbishment? :cool:

Nice find, I'll have to check it out also the next time I'm down there.

BTW, this thread is also a Bruh thread, and this post quickly makes you a nomination for induction into the Bruh Club.

Hattieboxghost110

Original Poster

01_Magic-Lamp-Inn.jpg

It opened in 1955, same year as Disneyland, and can be even more magical than Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom on weekends when the local sixty-something funsters invade the bar and the live band crashes into Hang On Sloopy and everyone floods the dancefloor to Frug their hearts out. I'm not making that up, I've seen it with my own eyes. (Although I held back until I finished my drink and the band played something you could Twist to instead of the Frug or the Jerk. I have standards.)

GetImage.ashx

You can't miss it after sundown, because the sign still has a gas flame firing out of the neon magic lamp, for no good reason except to look cool to passing Chryslers and Cadillacs. It's been doing all this since 1955, pre-freeway, when Route 66 was the only road into town from the desert. http://magiclampinn.com/

TP2000 Never disappoints! Thank you sir!

Hattieboxghost110

Original Poster

There are a couple other places in Claremont for similar type of eats. As for actual things to do I don't know of much, but here is a list:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g32911-Activities-Pomona_California.html

Damn bruh, that place looks goooooodd. I knew I could count on my fellow bruhs.

Hattieboxghost110

Original Poster
Bruh, @Hattieboxghost110 , so where you decide to go in Pomona area?

Unfortunately bruh, I was with my group of coworkers and couldn't go to that cool steakhouse. Ended up going to a place called Claremont Village. We went to a pretty rad pizza place called Pizza & Such & drank some good craft beers with a Carnivore Pizza all to myself.

It was a good time considering mickEbruh kicked me to the curb like a non-bruh. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom