The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I was watching the 4:30 AM local news here this morning, and one of the stories was about Disney going to charge their onsite hotel guests now, for parking. (There are some threads up in N&R, General and Hotel forums about this.) The reason, according to this report, was that it was to keep up with the "industry standard".

Flimsy excuse. :rolleyes:

Next thing is they'll start charging a parking fee to those who didn't even rent or drive a car to be parked on property 'cause they need to make up for that loss and set a "new industry standard"...!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Not even an excuse... It is a reason or opportunity to rob people for no other reason then because they can. The majority of hotels that charge parking fees are in urban areas where space is limited and extra structures have to be built, sometimes deep underground to accommodate. Disney does not have that excuse. What they have done is decided to take every nickel of the cost of doing business and pass it along to those of us foolish enough to pay it. I'm surprised they haven't thought of installing vending machines for toilet paper. What it means is we cannot go there until they stop treating us like their personal piggy bank. I'll guarantee you that they would drop that stupid idea really fast so you wouldn't have to stay away very long. But, that won't happen. When Disney says jump all the public does is ask how high. Since they decided to not be different then anyone else, I guess that special Disney has finally died off with Walt. I was someone that loved WDW since my first visit in 1983. That feeling is gone even though I don't stay on property it speaks loud and clear about how they view us as suckers. The place has lost all it's appeal for me. I may have made my last trip there and I have to tell you, that truly saddens me.

Amen, brother.
Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but, didn't you post not all that long ago that your month-long European vacation wasn't much more expensive than a week at WDW...?!
Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but, that would just be ridiculous...!!!!! :bored:

donaldtoo

Yes I had read that as well. They loaded that company with debt. Very sad. I found it interesting that I was discussing this with dh and ds came in the room and started talking about how they aren't closing because of competition but because another company that bought them in the early thousands saddled them with debt. He is just 14 and I am looking at him in total surprise. I guess he does more than just play games and build Stitches with his computer. ;):p

Smart kiddo.
Yep, bought a large stake, slurped it dry, and then dropped it like a bad habit... :cautious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@donaldtoo , I was watching one of the news stations the other day, and they were broadcasting "live" from Austin during that South By Southwest event. After the broadcast, they were all going to get some ribs, etc. :hungry: I thought the timing of this event was really good for your city, as it was a nice departure of the recent serious news down there.

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo , I was watching one of the news stations the other day, and they were broadcasting "live" from Austin during that South By Southwest event. After the broadcast, they were all going to get some ribs, etc. :hungry: I thought the timing of this event was really good for your city, as it was a nice departure of the recent serious news down there.

Nice departure, indeed...!!!!! :hungry:

And in regard to the other serious news, so far, there have been no other incidents that I've heard of, anyway. The authorities still seem to have no good leads (although at least 2 of the incidents have a family connection of some sort), but, folks around here are sure not pickin' up random packages left on their porches anymore.
"Keep Austin Weird" is fine, but the sickos can go.

donaldtoo

Wait, just read it is back on again. :mad: Apparently, they keep putting it up and down. Maybe they took away the extra fee, but then decided they would give us citrus swirl back, and then everybody would be ok with the parking fee.

:hilarious:
Woof! You are sooo right, they just don't seem to have enough collective common sense to dial it all in. It's like they're all scrambling to find ways to make their jobs seem relevant. Constantly falling all over themselves to prove their relevance to the friggin' bottom line. That's the real problem with that place now.
BOHICA on the parking fee, but, ya' got your Citrus Swirl back...!!!!! :joyfull:
Or, just dump a bunch of OJ into your resort room toilet, dunk your head in and flush...instant Citrus Swirl...!!!!!!!
:joyfull::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom