We’re Sorry, You Visit too Often

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I’m ashamed to say I visit WDW too often.

We are visiting next month and commonly split stays. As such, we have something like 100 MagicBands linked to our account. I noticed this week that our MagicBands disappeared on MDE so I called them up.

They said, “Your account is like a pot of spaghetti and you have a lot of spaghetti. One day soon it will boil over.” So I need to make a brand-new account after this trip. Who knew this could be a problem?! A first-World problem, to be sure.

I asked if we could just remove old Bands from the account. “No.”

Weather_Lady

That's strange! If the MagicBands disappeared on MDE, presumably somebody already removed them, so why should you have to create a new MDE account?

nickys

Premium Member
I thought you could deactivate magic bands.

I know there is a limit on the number of active magic bands. Maybe you just exceeded a hitherto unknown limit! :joyfull::joyfull:

Seriously though, look for a deactivate button somewhere against some of the magic bands that are showing. See if that helps. Otherwise call back and hope someone else can help!

Failing that, I'll go in your place............. ;)

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

DW (database expert) commented that if a FOOL shoved all of the MB numbers (100+) into one field?
DB could truncate, and/or application parsing MB data could vomit.

You have provided a GREAT SERVICE to the rest of us. Just our Family.... we're going to do a Magic Band Purge, Yearly.

THANK YOU :).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How many bytes should we allocate for Magic Bands? 1,052 k?

"Don't be silly, no one will ever have more than 256, so, just make it that."

----

Remember, not only can you decline MagicBands, but, perhaps, one should if they're more than one set per year. ;)

Rob562

From the anecdotal stores I heard, up until now the only system that was ever really having a problem with too many Bands linked to one account was the resort door locks. The little memories in the individual locks were being overloaded when too many serial numbers were pushed to the lock all at once. That's why they came up with the 8-10 Band max per person.

I wonder if now that the Band system has been in place long enough they're running up against a new limit in a database that they never figured they'd have to worry about.

(We're about to run into that at work, where our warehouse uses 5-digit barcode numbers as serial numbers for each shelf. That was fine 30 years ago when they started, but we're down to about 2000 remaining numbers, so the next time we add onto our warehouse we're going to have to figure out how to overhaul the shelf serial numbering system)

-Rob

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
(We're about to run into that at work, where our warehouse uses 5-digit barcode numbers as serial numbers for each shelf. That was fine 30 years ago when they started, but we're down to about 2000 remaining numbers, so the next time we add onto our warehouse we're going to have to figure out how to overhaul the shelf serial numbering system)

Switch the parser of the numbers from decimal to hexadecimal and you can keep the 5 digits!!!

;)

correcaminos

I’m ashamed to say I visit WDW too often.

We are visiting next month and commonly split stays. As such, we have something like 100 MagicBands linked to our account. I noticed this week that our MagicBands disappeared on MDE so I called them up.

They said, “Your account is like a pot of spaghetti and you have a lot of spaghetti. One day soon it will boil over.” So I need to make a brand-new account after this trip. Who knew this could be a problem?! A first-World problem, to be sure.

I asked if we could just remove old Bands from the account. “No.”
That's not true. I just did it since we've had issues at check in. I wound up marking bands I wanted remove removed as inactive and then called Disney IT to have them deleted. Disney IT was more than happy to help remove bands from my account. So what they told you about removing is wrong.

We go often enough that I just decline the bands now for the most part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom