Need some advice...traveling with Mother in scooter

HollyAD

Original Poster
So, I will be traveling to WDW in July. I have been to WDW many many times but this is this first time that my mother can't walk more than a few feet and requires the dreaded scooter. We will probably be renting through Apple Scooter so that we have it to use at the resort as well. My question is... has anyone seen where these scooters charge at the resorts? I remember staying at AOA and seeing some plugged in by the main entrance outside. I didn' really want to stay at AOA because the standard rooms are very far from the main area. Any advice from those of you who have traveled with someone in a scooter please let me know! We have not booked our room yet. The last time we used a wheelchair on and off for her but it was really too much because I have a 9 year old son to keep track of too. TIA!

Rob562

Scooters can charge overnight in your room. They do not require a special outlet like an electric car does. Sometimes furniture in the room might have to be shifted to park it and get it near an outlet, but that's about it.

Any scooters you may have seen being charged by the lobby or luggage services were probably just being plugged in by staff as a courtesy for scooters either just dropped off or waiting to be picked up to ensure they're topped up. Or if they were parked elsewhere in common areas, a guest may have been charging it at a convenient outlet while in the food court or at the pool.

-Rob

DisneyAubs

My father has had a scooter in our last handful of trips. He simply charges it in the room. Sometimes he has to move the table/chair, but it has never been a problem.

HollyAD

Original Poster
My father has had a scooter in our last handful of trips. He simply charges it in the room. Sometimes he has to move the table/chair, but it has never been a problem.
Thanks for the info! I don't mind moving the chair/table. It's not like we use it anyway at Disney. We are going to end up at POP in a preferred room. I was hoping to have a bigger room elsewhere but that's where my family has all decided to stay.

Rob562

Thanks for the info! I don't mind moving the chair/table. It's not like we use it anyway at Disney. We are going to end up at POP in a preferred room. I was hoping to have a bigger room elsewhere but that's where my family has all decided to stay.

Also, if you find that for space it'd be easier to outright remove one or more pieces of furniture from the room, simply talk to Housekeeping/Maintenance and they'll be happy to help you.

-Rob

DisneyAubs

We've stayed at Pop when dad had a scooter. It was all good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom