Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros Restored and Remastered -- Now On Blu-Ray

PB Watermelon

Original Poster
It's been a long time coming, but Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros are finally available on Blu-Ray, beautifully restored and remastered. They've never looked better. Before you ask, yes, Saludos Amigos is unaltered, which gives hope for uncut releases for Make Mine Music and Melody Time. Upside? The new masters are pristine, you won't find production artifacts or dodgy transfers from old film prints. Downside? The two-film collection is only available via the Disney Movie Club in America, and if you're not part of the DMC, you'll eventually find it on Amazon or e*bay, just get ready to be gouged by third-party re-sellers (or worse, bootleggers). Since it is a DMC release, the disc does not come with a slipcover or any bonus features. It's just the two movies, looking better than they ever have.

PB Watermelon

Original Poster
Now I just have to find someone I know that's still in the DMC ... :D

E*bay might be your best bet for now if you don't want to join the DMC. Their exclusives are the only reason I'm still a member, since I have pretty much everything else they offer. Upcoming exclusives include the original Freaky Friday and a full stem-to-stern remaster of A Goofy Movie.

E*bay might be your best bet for now if you don't want to join the DMC. Their exclusives are the only reason I'm still a member, since I have pretty much everything else they offer. Upcoming exclusives include the original Freaky Friday and a full stem-to-stern remaster of A Goofy Movie.
How did you get confirmation about those upcoming titles?

PB Watermelon

Original Poster
How did you get confirmation about those upcoming titles?

There's a fellow who - like Marni - has some connections. He pops into a certain thread at a certain place and gives heads-up on yet-to-be announced DMC titles. He's never been wrong. We don't hear from him very often, but we pay attention when he does.

mickhyperion

It's been a long time coming, but Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros are finally available on Blu-Ray, beautifully restored and remastered. They've never looked better. Before you ask, yes, Saludos Amigos is unaltered, which gives hope for uncut releases for Make Mine Music and Melody Time. Upside? The new masters are pristine, you won't find production artifacts or dodgy transfers from old film prints. Downside? The two-film collection is only available via the Disney Movie Club in America, and if you're not part of the DMC, you'll eventually find it on Amazon or e*bay, just get ready to be gouged by third-party re-sellers (or worse, bootleggers). Since it is a DMC release, the disc does not come with a slipcover or any bonus features. It's just the two movies, looking better than they ever have.
So, by uncut and unaltered, you're saying the scene with Goofy smoking in "El Gaucho Goofy" has not been removed?

PB Watermelon

Original Poster
So, by uncut and unaltered, you're saying the scene with Goofy smoking in "El Gaucho Goofy" has not been removed?

Correct. There's only one flaw on the disc..a quarter-second audio dropout in the chorus mix at the conclusion of Caballeros, and you'd have to be aware of it and know where to find it to notice.

mickhyperion

Correct. There's only one flaw on the disc..a quarter-second audio dropout in the chorus mix at the conclusion of Caballeros, and you'd have to be aware of it and know where to find it to notice.
Very interesting, thanks. Like you, I'm hoping for uncut releases of Make Mine Music and Melody Time now. They are two of my absolute favorites.

Razor Roman

I went on to DMC to see if there was anything I wanted to order to go with our CoCo BluRay (it’s usually cheaper to buy the new releases at the store, but sometimes if you pay $24 for a new release instead of $22 at WalMart, you can find something cool and get it for half price) I shrieked with joy when I saw this BluRay. Can’t wait to get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom