Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

JoeCamel

I don't think "fast tracked" is the right phrase here. Being "realistically considered" is a little closer. No one BTS is 100% convinced Orlando needs another theme park just yet.
I think the purchase of the land says otherwise but maybe they want to make an entertainment district with hotels and restaurants and bars is what they are building. If that is what you really think is happening I have some south Florida property I think you should look at. High and dry is the word.

UpAllNight

This absolutely must have been delayed...I don’t think you sit on a hot property like Nintendo for so long without there being an announcement...or anything. Some things are worth waiting for but it does feel like they’re delaying announcements until F&F is open (another reason to hate the thing). Maybe they’ll do an information dump ala D23.

Tom Morrow

I'm okay if they take their time with this. I don't want more screens and cheap facades. I want another Diagon Alley. All of the concept art for Super Nintendo World in Japan does not impress me at all and I think it can be much better than that. Full-on immersion instead of just cramming a bunch of recognizable icons as photo backdrops into a small area.

imperius

I'm okay if they take their time with this. I don't want more screens and cheap facades. I want another Diagon Alley. All of the concept art for Super Nintendo World in Japan does not impress me at all and I think it can be much better than that. Full-on immersion instead of just cramming a bunch of recognizable icons as photo backdrops into a small area.
Need to look for the info on the rides out there. Mario Kart sounds far better than anything in Orlando currently or on its way.

Mike S

Those aren’t “cheap facades.” That’s what the Mushroom Kingdom mostly looks like.

UCF

I don't think "fast tracked" is the right phrase here. Being "realistically considered" is a little closer. No one BTS is 100% convinced Orlando needs another theme park just yet.
Universal's filings in their ongoing lawsuit claim that they are being harmed as they planned to open a 3rd gate very soon and this caused delays, with many filings to that regard. They have also filed with the county to have at least 2 new parks approved.Between those 2 things, we have confirmation from Universal their goal is to add a 2 new gates very soon.

Mouse Trap

Universal's filings in their ongoing lawsuit claim that they are being harmed as they planned to open a 3rd gate very soon and this caused delays, with many filings to that regard. They have also filed with the county to have at least 2 new parks approved.Between those 2 things, we have confirmation from Universal their goal is to add a 2 new gates very soon.

Two new gates are not happening within the next decade.

Disneyhead'71

245118_800.gif

UCF

It definitely could, of course, one could be a wet gate, universal calls them another gate still. 2 new dry parks aren't' going to be built simultaneously, but once the 3rd dry park posts numbers like the other 2... they'll be looking at #4.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Speaking of Zelda, does anyone know if the planned attractions would use the character designs from Breath of the Wild? Asking because the old leaked pitch art showed a Zelda attraction that seemed to draw inspiration from Twilight Princess, which is odd because of Breath of the Wild’s recent success.

Tom Morrow

Speaking of Zelda, does anyone know if the planned attractions would use the character designs from Breath of the Wild? Asking because the old leaked pitch art showed a Zelda attraction that seemed to draw inspiration from Twilight Princess, which is odd because of Breath of the Wild’s recent success.
Breath of the Wild is great, but I would prefer a land to be based on the more classic concept of Zelda. Twilight Princess is still the game with the most fully-realized version of this.

Mouse Trap

It is possible. Universal has had a few years to think about what they are doing and construction on virgin ground is easier then in an already developed park. 5 years would be hard to do but 10 years is a long time.

Plenty of things COULD happen. But this won’t.

If we want to knock a water park off as a “gate” then we could entertain the idea.

Disneyhead'71

Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if this means that the plans for the Berk themed Land have been completely scrapped or if they have been moved to the possible fourth gate? :D
Right now, Universal Creative has worked up lots of IP concepts in a sort of plug and play style. And they are moving them around to see what works best together.

That said, I do believe Berk has been moved to the new park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom