Not able to post via iPad Mini tablet since recent upgrade

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Greetings friends.

Yes, i am still alive...but have not been able to post much lately due to a odd 'glitch' i seem to be having regarding posting on the Forums and responding to my PMs.

First, i should mention that i am trying to do so using my iPad Mini from a few years ago...running a 9.something ISO.
I have had absolutely no problems posting with said tablet until i tried responding to a thread about three weeks ago.
I can see everything ,log in, see my Pms, and 'like' posts, but i cannot type responses to anything.
When i tap the box to start typing to post a comment , nothing happens.
So i cannot type anything...it is just a 'blank' box and my onscreen keyboard never pops up to do so.
Odd.

I can only assume this has something to do with the recent update to the website to make it more 'mobile friendly'.
Has anyone else reported trouble posting via a tablet?

I tried downloading the WDWMagic app thinking this might solve the problem, but the app is not compatable with my tablet.
So after being kind of 'shut out' of being able to post here, i figured it's time i pulled out my old laptop and post my inquiry here.

Any idea why i might be having this problem?
Am i the only one..?
Is my tablet 'too oudated' now to work correctly with this website?
My 2004 laptop still running Windows XP ( Yes, its true.! .) works great...but not a modern iPad Mini.
Hmm...not sure why.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions.
:)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It does work on the iPad Mini with iOS 9.

Could you try going to Settings, Safari, Advanced, Website Data. Then find WDWMAGIC.COM, hit Edit in the top right, and then the - against WDWMAGIC.COM.

Then try again.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
It does work on the iPad Mini with iOS 9.

Could you try going to Settings, Safari, Advanced, Website Data. Then find WDWMAGIC.COM, hit Edit in the top right, and then the - against WDWMAGIC.COM.

Then try again.

Thank you for the suggestion.
I have tried this, and nothing seems to have changed.
Still cannot post...but can view and log in just fine as before.

The box for typing a response is visible as before, but the text / icon bar just above it is not and my tablet does not respond when i tap the space to try to type.
I can do anything else ( like posts, view PMs, etc. ) but cannot type any responses.
Very strange.

Any other suggestions i could try?
I miss posting on here...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have tried this, and nothing seems to have changed.
Still cannot post...but can view and log in just fine as before.

The box for typing a response is visible as before, but the text / icon bar just above it is not and my tablet does not respond when i tap the space to try to type.
I can do anything else ( like posts, view PMs, etc. ) but cannot type any responses.
Very strange.

Any other suggestions i could try?
I miss posting on here...
Can you confirm the iOS version installed on your device, go to Settings > General > About.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So i guess i've stumped everyone.
o_O

Anyone have any suggestions as to how i might be able to get on board again..?

-
Sorry I can't offer a solution. I have again tested here on an Original iPad mini with iOS 9.3.5 and I can use the forum on it, albeit very slow.

Although the iPad says the software is up-to-date, what it really means is you have the last version available for that device. That version of the iPad mini is no longer receiving updates, and runs software that is over 2 years old.

You will likely encounter issues on many sites with a device of that age, and it would seem a good time to upgrade to a more recent iPad.

mickhyperion

So i guess i've stumped everyone.
o_O

Anyone have any suggestions as to how i might be able to get on board again..?

-
This may not have anything to do with the problem at all, but you might check to make sure Javascript is turned on as turning it off can cause other issues. Go to Settings / Safari / Advanced and look for the Javascript toggle there. I'm on a newer OS, but hopefully the navigation hasn't changed since 9.3.5.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
This may not have anything to do with the problem at all, but you might check to make sure Javascript is turned on as turning it off can cause other issues. Go to Settings / Safari / Advanced and look for the Javascript toggle there. I'm on a newer OS, but hopefully the navigation hasn't changed since 9.3.5.

I tried this trick the other day, and still no change.
:(

So strange that i can do everything else with no issues except the most basic and important thing ... type a post.

I find it amusing in a ironic way, as a piece of modern technology like a 2 year old iPad OS suddenly does not work here, yet my 14 year old laptop running Windows XP works fine!
Who would have thunk....
:hilarious:

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well well well.....
After not being able to post on here for the past few months with my tablet, I am happy to report I have finally figured out why I was having the above issue.
It had nothing to do with what version IOS I had....but everything to do with my private browsing feature via Safari!
So I am BACK ....and am posting this via my tablet.

I had set my browser a while back to 'private browsing' which had never caused any issues for me here.
Well, apparently when the last update on this forum took place, it blocked posting abilities if you had such a setting.
So the mystery is solved...and now I can post regularly as I once did without the hassle and time involved in responding to posts via a laptop.

So take heed , anyone else who might be having problems and is using Safari as your browser -
Switch off your private browsing to be able to post!

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom