Bus Pick-Up at Saratoga Springs

NelleBelle

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me what the order of bus pick-up/drop-off is by location at SS? I've only heard that they pick-up/drop-off first at Grand Stand. Do they continue in a clock-wise direction? How many bus stops are there? TIA!!

Rob562

Can anyone tell me what the order of bus pick-up/drop-off is by location at SS? I've only heard that they pick-up/drop-off first at Grand Stand. Do they continue in a clock-wise direction? How many bus stops are there? TIA!!

The theme park buses do indeed start their loop at Grandstand. After that there are 4 more stops running generally clockwise around the property, ending with Springs before leaving for the parks.

Like most other Disney resorts that have multiple stops, I believe the Disney Springs buses run in a different configuration to allow Guests to use it as an internal shuttle. I just don't know the order of those stops. (We usually walk or take the boat)

-Rob

NelleBelle

Original Poster
Thanks! We plan on using our rental car for most of the time we're there but really don't want to use it for when we're headed out to the MK. We didn't know if there was another building we should request that was typically 2nd pick-up for theme parks at the resort if we weren't able to get Grand Stand

Rob562

Thanks! We plan on using our rental car for most of the time we're there but really don't want to use it for when we're headed out to the MK. We didn't know if there was another building we should request that was typically 2nd pick-up for theme parks at the resort if we weren't able to get Grand Stand

The first time we stayed at SSR we were in the Paddock 4500 building. The Carousel bus stop (which is Stop #2 on the route) was right in front of the building, so we could be back in our first-floor room about 45 seconds after stepping off the bus. Not as convenient to the main building as Grandstand, but the proximity to the bus stop was nice.

-Rob

Driver

From any park... front entrance
#1) Grandstand
#2) Carousel
#3) Paddock
#4) Congress
#5) Springs
As mentioned Springs is also used as the starting point if you are coming from Disney Springs ( which will enter through the aux. entrance) and will be the last stop because (as mentioned) the DS bus becomes the internal shuttle. In addition the Springs stop is also where you get the transfer for the tree houses

Phonedave

How long is the time from resort to parks in genera?

Figure 15-20 minutes on the bus once you leave SSR until you pull into the bus unload at the park. That is from the time you LEAVE SSR, If you got on the bus at Grandstand, it will take you 15 minutes (at least) just to get out of SSR. If they have to load a scooter, or a lot of passengers, it's going to be much more time.

-dave

Yano

Figure 15-20 minutes on the bus once you leave SSR until you pull into the bus unload at the park. That is from the time you LEAVE SSR, If you got on the bus at Grandstand, it will take you 15 minutes (at least) just to get out of SSR. If they have to load a scooter, or a lot of passengers, it's going to be much more time.

-dave

Wow that’s a good amount of time!! So to get to a 8am EMH you have to be at bus stop around 7
Thank you Dave .

Driver

Wow that’s a good amount of time!! So to get to a 8am EMH you have to be at bus stop around 7
Thank you Dave .
Busses are advertised as starting to run 1 hr. before park opening. Typically it's before that, but don't bet the farm on it that's a big variable. What I mean is the 1 hr. is for sure but if they start earlier is the variable. Another example is at closing they give set times for when the busses stop running, but the fact is they run till the park is clear whatever that takes!

Yano

Busses are advertised as starting to run 1 hr. before park opening. Typically it's before that, but don't bet the farm on it that's a big variable. What I mean is the 1 hr. is for sure but if they start earlier is the variable. Another example is at closing they give set times for when the busses stop running, but the fact is they run till the park
is clear whatever that takes!

That is very helpful
Thank you 😊

Phonedave

Thank you Dave .

Actually the official recommendation from Disney is to leave an hour to travel from a resort to a park by bus, so you pretty much nailed it there.

JaxFLBear

From any park... front entrance
#1) Grandstand
#2) Carousel
#3) Paddock
#4) Congress
#5) Springs
As mentioned Springs is also used as the starting point if you are coming from Disney Springs ( which will enter through the aux. entrance) and will be the last stop because (as mentioned) the DS bus becomes the internal shuttle. In addition the Springs stop is also where you get the transfer for the tree houses
The Springs bus stop is currently under refurbishment and the road in front of the bus stop is closed to all traffic, so the order has temporarily been changed to:
#1) Grandstand
#2) Springs (temp spot in front of Building 40 (rooms 4101-4436)
#3) Carousel
#4) Paddock
#5) Congress

Driver

The Springs bus stop is currently under refurbishment and the road in front of the bus stop is closed to all traffic, so the order has temporarily been changed to:
#1) Grandstand
#3) Carousel
#4) Paddock
#5) Congress
That's all done as of yesterday 3/25/18

NelleBelle

Original Poster
Sometimes during busy times, like early morning they will run two buses a few minutes apart - but don't count on it
So if you happen to be at stop #4 and the buses continue to be full during the morning "rush", your just out of luck? Nice...I better make sure our request is in for one first stops on the loop--oh wait, we're renting a car to avoid this very situation :mad:#hatedisneytransportation. Apologies @Phonedave, not taking it out on you personally ;)

Phonedave

So if you happen to be at stop #4 and the buses continue to be full during the morning "rush", your just out of luck? Nice...I better make sure our request is in for one first stops on the loop--oh wait, we're renting a car to avoid this very situation :mad:#hatedisneytransportation. Apologies @Phonedave, not taking it out on you personally ;)

No problem, I'm not taking it personally. I don't think I have ever had a but at SSR be full and pass me by. There have most assuredly been times when it was standing only, but I don't think it has ever been totally full.

-dave

Driver

No problem, I'm not taking it personally. I don't think I have ever had a but at SSR be full and pass me by. There have most assuredly been times when it was standing only, but I don't think it has ever been totally full.

-dave
It does happen, however as a courtesy the driver is supposed to stop an announce he is full and relay that other busses have been called in. Driving by without stopping is not acceptable even if you are full.

katieee

#1) Grandstand
#3) Carousel
#4) Paddock
#5) Congress

do you know when this route will go back to the original?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom