The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 4: Homecoming Edition - Discussion Thread

Suchomimus

The problem isn’t Disney.. it’s customers. Customers don’t like original content, and the ones who do can’t afford to go to Disney or spend enough to show that view.
I guess I fall somewhere in between. I (with my family) can afford to go to Disney World and I also prefer original content like the Haunted Mansion or Kilimanjaro Safari but I do have an appreciation for IP based attractions (which I’m guessing is what you mean by not original content) when they are done right.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Primeval whirl and goofy sky school

Its hard to pick bad disney attraction biased as it may seem haha but those two could have been better than just carnival rides.
If you follow Joe on Instagram he went on to explain that most ppl don’t catch what Primeval Whirl is making fun of. When you finally do it makes it a slightly better ride

Ahh thats awesome!! Disneyland or international??
If all goes to plan I’m spending a few days in Disneyland and a few days in a Tokyo Disneyland. I might try to find cheap tickets to France in 2019 or go to China. Have though if that far ahead yet

tcool123

So here's a surprise I'm going up to the world for Presidents Day Weekend :D

Current Plan:

Friday -
  • Leave by 3 arrive at MK by 8
  • Happily Ever After? 800
  • Peter Pans FP (735 - 835)
  • Phillarmagic :inlove:
  • POTC FP (845 - 945)
  • Jungle Cruise/Buzz Lightyear?
  • Space Mountain FP (950 - 1050)
  • Electrical Water Pageant 1035
  • Check In Offsite
Saturday - Epcot/DHS
Fastpasses to be handle tomorrow
Star Wars Fireworks 800

Sunday - Animal Kingdom to see the animals this time, and not hang out for Pandora. But we'll see if I can squeeze in FOP, it is the best ride ;)

Monday - Disney Springs / Return

Voxel

So here's a surprise I'm going up to the world for Presidents Day Weekend :D

Current Plan:

Friday -
  • Leave by 3 arrive at MK by 8
  • Happily Ever After? 800
  • Peter Pans FP (735 - 835)
  • Phillarmagic :inlove:
  • POTC FP (845 - 945)
  • Jungle Cruise/Buzz Lightyear?
  • Space Mountain FP (950 - 1050)
  • Electrical Water Pageant 1035
  • Check In Offsite
Saturday - Epcot/DHS
Fastpasses to be handle tomorrow
Star Wars Fireworks 800

Sunday - Animal Kingdom to see the animals this time, and not hang out for Pandora. But we'll see if I can squeeze in FOP, it is the best ride ;)

Monday - Disney Springs / Return
Good luck.. I have been hunting for FOP fastpasses every weekend for the last 5 months, it's frustrating. I have better luck getting night shows and other difficulties.. Heck I was able to get a Frozen Fast pass..

MA Screamin'

How could you be so heartless?

The feels... you're hitting me too hard!

Miss you guys, but I will be trying my best to hold on this time around! My New Years' Resolution has been to increase my creative output, so I can't wait to see where that takes me. I feel like me making these kind of posts is becoming rather cliché, so I'll leave it at that :)

EDIT: Also, thank you @MonorailRed for the new avi! Very fitting of how I'm feeling these days: looking over the possibilities while remembering the magic that can get me there :D

Last edited:

D Hulk

OMG ITS 2018!!. Sorry I just realized I'm doing over half of the Worlds Disney Parks this year!!
If all goes to plan I’m spending a few days in Disneyland and a few days in a Tokyo Disneyland. I might try to find cheap tickets to France in 2019 or go to China. Have though if that far ahead yet
Hooray :joyfull:!!! Your saying that makes me realize I managed something similar last year visiting 7 Disney Parks - everything except for Shanghai and Orlando.

Depending on your vacation schedule and the costs, I'd recommend trying to add on Hong Kong and/or Shanghai if you're going to Tokyo. I did that for HKDL with an "open jaw" flight into HK and out of Tokyo, adding a few more travel days (enough to see the city and the park) and with the only airfare addition being a $90 flight from HK to Tokyo on HK Express. HKDL is like a 10 minute cab ride from the airport, so I actually managed to "park hop" between there and DisneySea one day. Good times :D:p!

Voxel

Hooray :joyfull:!!! Your saying that makes me realize I managed something similar last year visiting 7 Disney Parks - everything except for Shanghai and Orlando.

Depending on your vacation schedule and the costs, I'd recommend trying to add on Hong Kong and/or Shanghai if you're going to Tokyo. I did that for HKDL with an "open jaw" flight into HK and out of Tokyo, adding a few more travel days (enough to see the city and the park) and with the only airfare addition being a $90 flight from HK to Tokyo on HK Express. HKDL is like a 10 minute cab ride from the airport, so I actually managed to "park hop" between there and DisneySea one day. Good times :D:p!
My issues is now dealing with work leave. I'm already planning on spending three weeks in Japan during this period, exploring the temples and cities with my best friends.. I could spend more leave but I'm also planing on attending CES in 2019 so I need leave for that. I'm thinking about turning around in trying to do a South Korea/China trip in one go, but I'm not sure.

I would love to go to Shanghai and as I get closer to my travel dates and have a worked out schedule I might consider it but right now it's off the table :(

D Hulk

My issues is now dealing with work leave. I'm already planning on spending three weeks in Japan during this period, exploring the temples and cities with my best friends.. I could spend more leave but I'm also planing on attending CES in 2019 so I need leave for that. I'm thinking about turning around in trying to do a South Korea/China trip in one go, but I'm not sure.

I would love to go to Shanghai and as I get closer to my travel dates and have a worked out schedule I might consider it but right now it's off the table :(
Three weeks in Japan with best friends exploring temples and cities?! Oh @Voxel, you're already describing my ideal vacation! With all that, no need to add extra countries for this trip. Kyoto is likely my favorite city on earth, with another world class temple seemingly every 50 yards. Tokyo is amazing. Ise Shrine is beautiful. There's so much more I've yet to explore. The customer service nationwide is impeccable, and that includes the exceptional cast members at TDR. The food is superlative. You're gonna have such a great time!!! :D

Voxel

Three weeks in Japan with best friends exploring temples and cities?! Oh @Voxel, you're already describing my ideal vacation! With all that, no need to add extra countries for this trip. Kyoto is likely my favorite city on earth, with another world class temple seemingly every 50 yards. Tokyo is amazing. Ise Shrine is beautiful. There's so much more I've yet to explore. The customer service nationwide is impeccable, and that includes the exceptional cast members at TDR. The food is superlative. You're gonna have such a great time!!! :D
Haha that's exactly my thought pattern, sad part is we are only doing the southern half of the country, I know we are doing Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, and we are sleeping in a Buddhist temple to wake up and do prayer with them. It should be an immersive trip. I'm hoping to be semi fluent in the language by then..

TwilightZone

some rides I found, but can't think of pairs for yet. Any ideas?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
discovery island river boats: known for being boring and not offering much new
shrek 3D: known for being outdated and having bad jokes
light magic: known for being a disappointment and not even a parade
luigi's flying tires/flying saucers: known for being a mechanical nightmare and too difficult for guests to control and have fun with.
drachen fire: known for being really bumpy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom