Disney Riviera Resort

Cabodave9

Original Poster
I’m not sure if this has been discussed before, I couldn’t find anything. Does anyone know if the resort will be a deluxe resort and or part of the DVC? TIA.

JaxFLBear

Officially announced as a DVC Resort.
A 15th DVC Property is Coming to Walt Disney World
Disney Riviera Resort, coming to Walt Disney World Resort, near Epcot, will follow Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, which opens Monday, and become the 15th Disney Vacation Club Property. Bonus: Guests staying at Riviera Resort will be able to reach Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot via the brand-new Disney Skyliner.
https://d23.com/11-amazing-announce...y-parks-and-resorts-presentation-at-d23-expo/

correcaminos

Right, not like the Deluxe resorts that have a DVC wing, it's technically a DVC resort (where rooms will theoretically be available for cash depending on how booked it is).
To clarify for those reading, they do have to hold 2% for CRO but it will be their 3rd stand alone DVC at WDW. The beginning is always more interesting before so the declarations have been made as well. Then if others trade or more done can go for cash as well.

slappy magoo

To clarify for those reading, they do have to hold 2% for CRO but it will be their 3rd stand alone DVC at WDW. The beginning is always more interesting before so the declarations have been made as well. Then if others trade or more done can go for cash as well.
True but 2% availability doesn't afford non-DVC members many options to book it for cash. Certainly possible, like booking a Treehouse Villa for cash is possible. But I'm guessing the location alone is going to make it very popular with DVC members for quite a while, even those who don't buy points into it. Non-members might need to keep expectations low.

slappy magoo

Most cash availability at DVC Resorts is due to members using their points for something other than a DVC Resort or RCI Exchange.
True. I forgot about that. All the more embarrassing because I've been calling DVC about paying to cash to add a few more nights to an existing reservation because we're out of points and talked about this very thing.
But my thinking is, if it sells quickly, it's going to be years before there's regular availability for cash rentals. I'd think it rare for someone to buy DVC points, making Riviera their home resort, would then use their points anywhere else first. But clearly, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about this, knowhutimean?
If it sells slowly, there might be more chances of the rooms being available, but I'd suspect lots of members who have other home resorts will try to jump on it at the 7 month window. So for a while, perhaps the best choice for someone who wants to stay there but doesn't wanrt to be come a DVC member would be to book more than 7 months in advance as close as possible to the moment bookings first become available.

nickys

Premium Member
True. I forgot about that. All the more embarrassing because I've been calling DVC about paying to cash to add a few more nights to an existing reservation because we're out of points and talked about this very thing.
But my thinking is, if it sells quickly, it's going to be years before there's regular availability for cash rentals. I'd think it rare for someone to buy DVC points, making Riviera their home resort, would then use their points anywhere else first. But clearly, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about this, knowhutimean?
If it sells slowly, there might be more chances of the rooms being available, but I'd suspect lots of members who have other home resorts will try to jump on it at the 7 month window. So for a while, perhaps the best choice for someone who wants to stay there but doesn't wanrt to be come a DVC member would be to book more than 7 months in advance as close as possible to the moment bookings first become available.

I agree, except they might sell it in phases, like CC, in which case there may be more rooms available at the start. But if demand was high enough from existing DVC members they would probably just go with it and sell as much as they can.

correcaminos

True but 2% availability doesn't afford non-DVC members many options to book it for cash. Certainly possible, like booking a Treehouse Villa for cash is possible. But I'm guessing the location alone is going to make it very popular with DVC members for quite a while, even those who don't buy points into it. Non-members might need to keep expectations low.
See below
Most cash availability at DVC Resorts is due to members using their points for something other than a DVC Resort or RCI Exchange.

That does bring in more than some realize. Also there are often decent deals in the more short term booking with AP rates and the like per what my friends have told me. Non-owners shouldn't count on it, but it's not impossible to get. Especially from what I understand in the 1 bedroom levels (per friends - could be wrong as I do not book that way or that room type much).

In regards to your other comment, at first Riviera will be more open as they do not release all inventory for DVC members until certain amounts of points are sold. So actually in the beginning it might be easier to rent than after it's sold out later on.

I agree, except they might sell it in phases, like CC, in which case there may be more rooms available at the start. But if demand was high enough from existing DVC members they would probably just go with it and sell as much as they can.
They always do things in phases. They never release inventory to DVC until certain numbers are sold, then they declare more inventory for DVC. LIke at the beginning CCVC had very limited rooms (I need to look up but it was small) available to all DVC members. Made it harder to book inside 7 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom