Hello! I am a WDW Bus Driver

WDWBusDriver

Original Poster
Looking at your avatar...

Question #1... Are you old enough to drive?

:) I am very much old enough to drive. In the United States you must be 18 to drive a commercial motor vehicle, however you must be 21 or older to drive across state lines.

I am over the age of 21

Minnesota disney fan

Welcome, WDW bus driver:)
I respect that job so much. It must take a lot of patience, both with the crazy traffic and the "crazy" guests. LOL
I can't imagine doing that job and admire the drivers for the terrific job they do.

Minnesota disney fan

I do have a question about the buses.
My husband has nerve damage in his leg and he walks with a limp and has poor coordination. I am worried about him trying to stand on the Disney buses this March. He is 70 y/o and tries to stand if others need to sit. If he is having a hard time standing without losing his balance, is it appropriate for me to ask the bus driver if he can ask someone to vacate the disabled seat for him? or should we just do what we can to stand up? Thanks.

WDWBusDriver

Original Poster
I do have a question about the buses.
My husband has nerve damage in his leg and he walks with a limp and has poor coordination. I am worried about him trying to stand on the Disney buses this March. He is 70 y/o and tries to stand if others need to sit. If he is having a hard time standing without losing his balance, is it appropriate for me to ask the bus driver if he can ask someone to vacate the disabled seat for him? or should we just do what we can to stand up? Thanks.

It is more than appropriate for you to ask your bus driver to see if a seat can be made available.

I would also suggest seeing if he would be willing to use an Electronic Conveyance Vehicle (ECV) or scooter to maneuver around the parks. ECVs are also able to be driven right onto the bus and securely fastened to the bus. If you own your own ECV you are more than welcome to bring it instead of renting one at the parks. Disney ECV Info

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

It is more than appropriate for you to ask your bus driver to see if a seat can be made available.

I would also suggest seeing if he would be willing to use an Electronic Conveyance Vehicle (ECV) or scooter to maneuver around the parks. ECVs are also able to be driven right onto the bus and securely fastened to the bus. If you own your own ECV you are more than welcome to bring it instead of renting one at the parks. Disney ECV Info

Thank you for that. My husband does not want to inconvenience anyone (his words) by using an ECV all the time. He doesn't want to "hold others up while loading and unloading", and refuses to get one. He will rent one at the park when he needs it. He is very self conscious about having to use one at times, and tries to walk all he can. 80% of the time, someone gives me a seat but not him as he looks ok. I usually give him my seat instead of letting him sway and possibly fall, but that's not easy too. He's an old fashioned type of gentleman. Thanks again.
We also wait for another bus to try and get a seat too.

Ehenn

Hello, I am a Walt Disney World Bus Driver. I am happy to answer any questions about the Disney World Resort.

Happy posting :)
Hello, I applied to be a bus driver in May. I adviced Disney I would be moved in on June 4th. I got my CDL permit and changed my address. Now I’m just waiting for a call to go on to the next step of becoming a cast member!
Do you know how long or have a time frame??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom