Trip Report Forget about your worries and your strife. 🌞 Live trip report.

Quick recap of my pre-trip report to refresh memories or as just as catchup.
I (Mimi) am going on a solo trip to Disney World, 14 glorious days at AKL to do what I want, when I want.:joyfull:

This morning I woke up excited and ready to go, I threw the last things into my suitcase, double checked everything and happily went out in the rain to catch the bus to the train station. I gave myself plenty of time to get to the airport incase of delays etc. but luckily everything went smoothly and I arrived at the airport with plenty of time to share.
I looked around the shops a bit and took some photos to kill the time.
DSC_0024.JPG

These cups in a cafe don't spin but are cute none the less.
DSC_0025.JPG

Finally it was time to board my first flight.
DSC_0030.JPG

This add made me smile as it was spot on.:)

DSC_0035.JPG

The flight from Amsterdam to London was only 50 minutes and kind of boring except for the 2 Dutch ladies sitting in the row behind me. They were very unhappy that none of the flight attendants spoke Dutch,keep in mind that this was a British Airways flight, and complained loudly that it shouldn't be allowed for airlines to fly out of Amsterdam without at least one Dutch speaking crew member and the ladies refused to speak English to the crew. I didn't understand their logical at all and was happy the crew members didn't understand what they were saying. I was tempted to turn around to point out their stupidity but refrained. 🙊

Soon enough we landed safely at Gatwick, my hotel was easy to find and the check in staff were friendly and professional. My room is as expected, small and modern.
DSC_0044.JPG

The shower is right in front of the toilet without a barrier:hilarious: not the best layout but fine for just a night.
DSC_0045.JPG

No view as my room doesn't have a window.
Now I am just watching some TV, wishing it was tomorrow.:)

amjt660

Premium Member
Excellent start
No Dutch lineage here. Just England/Scotland/Wales.

With respect to language I was on a plane to Japan and they told us they had English, French, Japanese, Mandarin and Spanish covered by the members of the crew.
And, because it was an Air Canada flight, every message was done three times (English, French, Japanese).

Thumbs up for Canadian Diversity and Inclusion!!

Looking forward to more

Following along

Max

12in12

Original Poster
I'm so so so excited for you!! Jealous, but definitely still excited for you! You'll have to let me know how well the transportation works from AKL to the parks....that might solve my dilemma in the Chit-chat thread if it goes well. All the perks of a deluxe without the hefty price tag!
And I can't wait to hear the answers to the questions about Gaston's chair!!
Don't I count??? Ok, I know I'm not technically Dutch, but I've lived here for 15 years now and speak fluent Dutch! :p
I will time a couple of bus journeys for you and post them.
I didn't realize you spoke Dutch so well since we always chat in English, but of course you count!

12in12

Original Poster
Hope your flight is quicker than ours was.
If you see any Giraffes from your balcony Mrs F would love a photo or twenty .
Thank you, I am sure Bermuda is warmer than Disney World at the moment and I am desperate for some sun however I don't want to divert there. Straight to the Mouse's House for me please.
I will happily stalk a giraffe for Mrs.F.

12in12

Original Poster
Safe travels! Looking forward to your TR. I am always super impress with those of you who go "live". I'm lucky if I can scribble notes down that I can still read when I arrive home.
I love your trip reports and with 2 girls and a husband to take care of I am impressed you even manage notes. I am only doing a live report because I am traveling solo and I love reading other people's reports and want to return the favor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom