News Disney to pilot electronic-only transactions at its resort hotels

jaklgreen

Well, my dad would be out of luck. He has no form of credit card or debit card. Cash is king with him. Stupid, I know. Good news is he is way too cheap to go to WDW. LOL Spent my whole youth trying to get him to take us. :facepalm: I am sure he is not the only one who chooses to use cash.

seascape

I think we should go to a cashless society. I am sick and tired of going to restaurants that offer no sales tax if you pay cash. Too many cash based businesses avoid paying their true taxes and thus are subsidized by the rest of us. Everyone, every one of us and every business should pay their actual taxes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think we should go to a cashless society. I am sick and tired of going to restaurants that offer no sales tax if you pay cash. Too many cash based businesses avoid paying their true taxes and thus are subsidized by the rest of us. Everyone, every one of us and every business should pay their actual taxes.

Lol...where in the hell does that still happen?

...I thought this was the 21st century?

Lirael

This might be an issue for international guests. It's common (at least in my country) to buy cash dollars when the exchange is rate is decent and to use cash rather than a credit card to pay better tax on the money exchange rate (also because this way you control the exchange rate you're paying, which you can;t do with a credit card), as international credit cards tend to input a steeper tax on dollar purchases

jaklgreen

IDK where you live but I have never seen any place in my city that does that. The city would be on them like flies on poop.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I've always wondered when this would happen. I don't have any hard data, but I've long wondered if the transaction fees were a wash after you account for paying someone to set up the cash drawer, count the drawer, as well as shrinkage.

Nubs70

How are the restaurants not paying taxes??

They are still paying taxes with cash or credit.

As a restaurant owner, if my credit card transaction rate is more than my tax rate, I would gladly pay your tax if you paid with cash.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've always wondered when this would happen. I don't have any hard data, but I've long wondered if the transaction fees were a wash after you account for paying someone to set up the cash drawer, count the drawer, as well as shrinkage.

They are...also disney has a huge axe to swing at the credit card companies...

Like amazon does against them and shipping services.

Nick Pappagiorgio

This might be an issue for international guests. It's common (at least in my country) to buy cash dollars when the exchange is rate is decent and to use cash rather than a credit card to pay better tax on the money exchange rate (also because this way you control the exchange rate you're paying, which you can;t do with a credit card), as international credit cards tend to input a steeper tax on dollar purchases
. Seems easy enough to solve with a prepaid credit card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom