20% DVC Merch Discount?

Vipor51

Original Poster
So our food discount I know was brought back down to 10% but did the 20% merch discount go as well or did it stay?

Just curious. Thx!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
20% on merchandise from Disney owned stores. For 3rd party vendors it varies by location. There are a bunch that offer a discount as well.

As far as I know the DVC dining discount has always varied by location between 10% and 20%. Here’s a list I found online for 2018:

1900 Park Fare Save 10% on Meals
50s Prime Time Café: Save 10% on Meals
Ale & Compass Restaurant: Save 10% on Meals
Artist Point: Save 10% on Dinner
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop: Save 10% on Meals
Big River Grille & Brewing Works: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
The BOATHOUSE®: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
Boatwright's Dining Hall: Save 10% on Meals
Boma – Flavors of Africa: Save 10% on Meals
Cabana Bar and Beach Club: Save 20% on Lunch and Dinner
California Grill: Save 10% on Meals
Cape May Cafe: Save 10% on Meals
Chef Mickey's: Save 10% on Meals
Citrico's: Save 10% on Dinner
Cookes of Dublin: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
Crossroads at House of Blues®: Save 20% on Sunday Gospel Brunch
Crossroads at House of Blues: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort: Save 10% at Select Dining Venues
Earl of Sandwich® Restaurant: Save 10% on Food
ESPN Club: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
ESPN Sports Club: Save 10% on Meals
Flying Fish: Save 10% On Dinner
The Fountain: Save 20% on Lunch and Dinner
Fresh Mediterranean Market: Save 20% on Breakfast and Lunch
Frontera Cocina: Save 10% on Dining
Garden Grove: Save 20% on Meals
Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop: Save 10% or $1 on Purchases
Grand Floridian Café: Save 10% on Meals
Haagen-Dazs: Save 20% on Food Items
Hollywood & Vine: Save 10% on Meals
The Hollywood Brown Derby: Save 10% on Meals
Jiko – The Cooking Place: Save 10% on Dinner
Joffrey's: Save 20% on Beverages and Treats
Kimonos: Save 20% on Dinner
Kona Cafe: Save 10% on Meals
La Hacienda de San Angel: Save 10% on Dinner
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano: Save 10% on Meals
Morimoto Asia: Save 10% on Lunch
Narcoosee's: Save 10% on Meals
Nine Dragons Restaurant: Save 20% on Lunch and 10% on Dinner
Ohana: Save 10% on Meals
Olivia's Café: Save 10% on Meals
Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas: Save 20% on Lunch & Dinner
Picabu: Save 20% on All Meals
Portobello Country Italian Trattoria: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant: Save 10% on Dinner
Rainforest Cafe: Save 10% Lunch and Dinner Entrées
Rainforest Café at Disney's Animal Kingdom: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
Restaurant Marrakesh: Save 20% on Lunch and Dinner
San Angel Inn Restaurante: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
Sanaa: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant: Save 10% on Meals
Spice Road Table: Save 20% on Lunch and Dinner
Splash Grill and Splash Terrace: Save 20% on Lunch and Dinner
STK Orlando: Save 10% on Dining
T-REX™ Cafe: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner Entrées
Teppan Edo: Save 10% on Lunch
Tiffins: Save 10% on Meals
Tokyo Dining: Save 20% on Lunch
Trail's End Restaurant: Save 10% on Meals
Trattoria al Forno: Save 10% on Breakfast and Dinner
The Turf Club Bar and Grill: Save 10% on Dinner
Tusker House Restaurant: Save 10% on Meals
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar: Save 15% on Lunch and Dinner
Tutto Italia Ristorante: Save 15% on Lunch and Dinner
Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria: Save 15% on Lunch and Dinner
The Wave... of American Flavors: Save 10% on Meals
Wetzel's® Pretzels: Save 20% on Food at Disney Springs Locations
Whispering Canyon Cafe: Save 10% on Meals
Wolfgang Puck® Cafe: Save 10% on Dinner
Wolfgang Puck® Cafe: Save 20% on Lunch
Wolfgang Puck® Express at Disney Springs: Save 15% on Lunch and Dinner
Yachtsman Steakhouse: Save 10% on Dinner
Yak & Yeti Restaurant: Save 10% on Lunch and Dinner#

correcaminos

I think it was the Annual Pass dining discount that was reduced to 10%.
The AP actually usually hovered at the same levels as DVC. Just for the 45th anniversary they upped it. It's since gone back down.

I noticed there are a lot more table service locations for DVC now. It's more in line with AP IMO.

slappy magoo

What's the consensus on purchasing the Tables in Wonderland discount card versus just using DVC discounts where available and paying full price when not? What do people consider the breakthrough dollar amount where TiW starts to seem "worth it?"

We're a family of 4. I hardly drink at all. My wife will sometimes have a glass or two of wine at dinner, but we're going in August where the heat might make it less likely she'll want to have wine. Our oldest will be 10 when we go, but she won't have the appetite of a grownup so I don't think a dining plan will make sense anymore.

I suspect I'll have to figure out where we're eating first and then make the call.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The AP actually usually hovered at the same levels as DVC. Just for the 45th anniversary they upped it. It's since gone back down.

I noticed there are a lot more table service locations for DVC now. It's more in line with AP IMO.
Agreed. There seems to be a lot more of the popular places than there were in the past and a lot more available for both lunch and dinner. There was some speculation that all of the new high end dining options at Disney Springs might be cutting into the demand for the traditional Disney restaurants. Maybe that’s part of the reason.
What's the consensus on purchasing the Tables in Wonderland discount card versus just using DVC discounts where available and paying full price when not? What do people consider the breakthrough dollar amount where TiW starts to seem "worth it?"

We're a family of 4. I hardly drink at all. My wife will sometimes have a glass or two of wine at dinner, but we're going in August where the heat might make it less likely she'll want to have wine. Our oldest will be 10 when we go, but she won't have the appetite of a grownup so I don't think a dining plan will make sense anymore.

I suspect I'll have to figure out where we're eating first and then make the call.
I did this analysis a few years back. You have to go through the list of where you are eating and where the DVC discount exists. It’s not hard to break even on $100 with alcohol but without you probably need to do the math.

correcaminos

Agreed. There seems to be a lot more of the popular places than there were in the past and a lot more available for both lunch and dinner. There was some speculation that all of the new high end dining options at Disney Springs might be cutting into the demand for the traditional Disney restaurants. Maybe that’s part of the reason.
That's a good thought! I have also noticed since the tiers for resale they have been adding more. But this would consider more with DS dining being more popular and also with a few places going to open table

$750 spent on food and drink is the break even point for TIW not including discounts. Including discounts makes it harder since DVC doesn't give discounts on alcohol so you have harder math. If you do not include alcohol the break even point is now double or 10x what you pay for TIW. I have done it before and under the old price and name but we just do not eat out as much.

Only other bonus is you get free valet parking at resorts with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom