Stroller limit of 80+ pounds....

jensnow1

Original Poster
I have a 5 year old that already weighs 75# and is about 50 inches tall. Trying to find a stroller to take when we go in April. All of the rental places limits are 50lbs for single or 100lbs for double but 50lbs each side. Any ideas? I know I can’t be the only one who has had this problem. Thanks!!!

dreamfinder

I know that Kingdom Strollers offers the BOB Revolution and Summit X3, but I think even those max out at 70/75 lbs. Not sure if the WDW strollers are any beefier since they are solid plastic, but you may need to bring your own. Some on the non-WDW approved renters may have other options as most of the authorized ones are the same model. I'd imagine the wheelchair rental companies may have something meant for larger children, but it may look more like a wheelchair and less like a stroller.

Weather_Lady

Welcome, OP! While I'm sure you are not the only person with this issue, I think most people looking for a stroller for a child of that size are doing so because the child has medical issues that impede his/her mobility -- and as dreamfinder suggested, unless you already own a specialized stroller large enough to accommodate your little one, a wheelchair is probably your only option if you are looking for an onsite rental. If you Google "pediatric wheelchair rental" and "Disney World" you'll see there's at least one local company that offers them. https://www.amusementparkrentals.co...tric-kids-wheelchair-rental?variant=803085929

If your child does not have mobility issues and is reasonably physically fit, you might consider foregoing a stroller/chair rental altogether -- at least until you see how he/she does on their own.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

Welcome, OP! While I'm sure you are not the only person with this issue, I think most people looking for a stroller for a child of that size are doing so because the child has medical issues that impede his/her mobility -- and as dreamfinder suggested, unless you already own a specialized stroller large enough to accommodate your little one, a wheelchair is probably your only option if you are looking for an onsite rental. If you Google "pediatric wheelchair rental" and "Disney World" you'll see there's at least one local company that offers them. https://www.amusementparkrentals.co...tric-kids-wheelchair-rental?variant=803085929

If your child does not have mobility issues and is reasonably physically fit, you might consider foregoing a stroller/chair rental altogether -- at least until you see how he/she does on their own.

I second this. If the child has medical issues then get a wheelchair, otherwise a 5 year old will do fine with walking. Neither of my kids used a stroller past 4 years old and they did great. Just take more breaks.

21stamps

Can’t help on the stroller weight limit front.. but I hope your 5 year old is playing football!

I’m surprised at the 50lb weight limit. I see so many threads where people are using strollers for 6,7,8 year olds. Have you checked the Disney rentals?

TheresaHoff82

Hey I’m looking at strollers for my 5 year old and saw that Orlando Stroller Rentals rent Mcclaren Major Strollers that hold up to 110lbs :) You might need to call because it looks like a new option.

dreamfinder

Can’t help on the stroller weight limit front.. but I hope your 5 year old is playing football!

I’m surprised at the 50lb weight limit. I see so many threads where people are using strollers for 6,7,8 year olds. Have you checked the Disney rentals?

The weight limits are from the manufacturers, and not the rental companies. Can a heavier child ride in them? Sure. Will the stroller fall apart when they first hop in? Probably not but not sure what the rental company would do if something did happen to the stroller and you put a child over the weight limit in the stroller, even if you took out insurance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom