Announcement Updated version of WDWMAGIC Forums now live

PUSH

The only issue I've come across so far is the lack of PUSH promo across the website. For example, I was expecting more sayings like, "Click here to like PUSH's new post!" Or, "Don't forget to check out PUSH's latest content!"

180º

The site looks beautiful and I've been noticing and appreciating the incremental changes over the last few days.

There is one thing that's driving me insane. Navigating to different forums can take a lot longer than it used to. The two areas of this site I visit most are the WDW News & Rumors Forum and the Disneyland Resort Forum. Previously, I could select the "Forums" drop-down box on desktop and mobile and quickly navigate from one forum to the other. Without this feature, I have to navigate from whatever forum I'm in to the forum index webpage, and scroll five miles uphill through the snow both ways to reach the other forum. ;)

Here's why I think think this matters: Since the forum drop-down navigation menu went away, I found I have visited the Disneyland Resort forum a lot less. I have been rooting for this site's Disneyland Resort discussion to grow (as it has over the last few years) because I think WDWmagic has one of the best Disneyland forums on the internet and I'd hate for web traffic to slow over there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
EDIT: This jumping around thing is also happening while just browsing and reading. It's really really distracting. I'm about to click on a thread, and suddenly the link is several inches down. Or I'm in the middle of reading a post, and the post jumps. Especially with this much larger font stuff, I feel like I'm playing some sort of mini-game with my mouse in order to be able to even read.
The resizing ads should no longer be happening.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
There is one thing that's driving me insane. Navigating to different forums can take a lot longer than it used to. The two areas of this site I visit most are the WDW News & Rumors Forum and the Disneyland Resort Forum. Previously, I could select the "Forums" drop-down box on desktop and mobile and quickly navigate from one forum to the other. Without this feature, I have to navigate from whatever forum I'm in to the forum index webpage, and scroll five miles uphill through the snow both ways to reach the other forum.
That is now available under the 'Jump To' menu at the top of the screen.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
I probably missed this, but at least in 64 bit Chrome on Win 10, the alerts icon doesn't automatically 'refresh'. That is, it doesn't badge itself or the favicon icon in the tab when I have a new alert until I refresh the page.

Jahona

I probably missed this, but at least in 64 bit Chrome on Win 10, the alerts icon doesn't automatically 'refresh'. That is, it doesn't badge itself or the favicon icon in the tab when I have a new alert until I refresh the page.

Happens in Firefox V56 and V57. As well as in Microsoft Edge.

stuart

Really liking the update, and i know this has been touched on, but I always found it easier having the page numbers at top of a page and on the listing of threads on a subsection page so I could jump to them easier.

I appreciate there is jump to knew and page numbers at the bottom of a page - just laziness on my part perhaps.

JohnD

I’m on the mobile version right now.

1. It needs Prev and Next at the top.
2. I miss the numbers of the pages. I could jump right in and pick up at a certain place and read forward. Should also be at top and bottom.

Last edited:

JohnD

Is there a way to navigate to a specific page? Like in Chit Chat there are thousands of pages. If I am 10 pages behind how do I quickly navigate to that page. There used to be numbers of the pages at the top or bottom of the screen. I also agree about the color needing to be a little more tinted if you want to keep the grey tone in the quoted or replied to in posts. Appreciate your hard work. I would love to really be able to choose pages again. Thanks. :)

This is my big nit as well as to have this navigation at the top and bottom. Not just at the bottom with the current iteration of the navigation.

RSoxNo1

Hey Steve, I've gotten used to the new layout, just one request from a functionality standpoint. I believe the bottom of a page under the old forum had a "Jump to Unread" button. Is there anyway to get the new "Jump to New" button on the top and bottom of a forum page?

Frank the Tank

I’m on the mobile version right now.

1. It need Prev and Next at the top.
2. I miss the numbers of the pages. I could jump right in and pick up at a certain place and read forward. Should also be at top and bottom.

Agreed that I liked having the page numbers on mobile previously. Is there any way that those can be reinserted in the new mobile version? (They still exist in the desktop version.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom