Main Street Fountain Removal

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This fountain by the First Aid area off of Main Street has been removed. Another site speculates that this might be to make room for another bypass, but I don't know if I believe that part.

upload_2017-12-16_8-41-47.png

Last edited by a moderator:

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Man I will be so ed if this gets removed and turned into a bypass. First it was a nice quit area to rest/my wife to brestfeed. Second this past September we sat there till the fireworks crowds died down and we could walk out. It was like no one even knew it was there.I hope that site is wrong like it always is!

S 2

Man I will be so ****ed if this gets removed and turned into a bypass. First it was a nice quit area to rest/my wife to brestfeed. Second this past September we sat there till the fireworks crowds died down and we could walk out. It was like no one even knew it was there.I hope that site is wrong like it always is!
How long is your wife planning on breastfeeding?

Next Big Thing

This fountain by the First Aid area off of Main Street has been removed. Another site speculates that this might be to make room for another bypass, but I don't know if I believe that part.

View attachment 250618
In 2015 they were doing tests with that side, having it open nightly to gain data on if a bypass on that side was needed and how plausible one would be. From what I was told, it was a backburner project at the time, but they needed the data if they were ever to move forward.

Now, i'm not saying that the two things are related, but it's possible. When we would test that side, the fountain was always the biggest issue for crowd flow as it's smack dab in the way of getting to the bypass.

Disney Analyst

I wonder how they'll work out a bypass there? Only at night?

They stage the parade there, so they would need to block that from view. I spent many a days backstage watching them set up the DEP back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom