A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

shernernum

I'm honestly kind of impressed how quickly you were able to make this about Iger.

This is when an agenda gets out of control and while I am all for disagreement on a discussion board, when it gets to this point I think its fair to say a poster deserves to be ignored and perhaps removed from the discussion. Read Lasseter's statement for heaven's sake....and the current climate surrounding harassment issues, and yet within an hour of it becoming news it is already about Iger, MBA's, and Disney's hatred for creativity. Not only is that absolutely tone-deaf, but it's borderline mentally unbalanced.

shernernum

This is when an agenda gets out of control and while I am all for disagreement on a discussion board, when it gets to this point I think its fair to say a poster deserves to be ignored and perhaps removed from the discussion. Read Lasseter's statement for heaven's sake....and the current climate surrounding harassment issues, and yet within an hour of it becoming news it is already about Iger, MBA's, and Disney's hatred for creativity. Not only is that absolutely tone-deaf, but it's borderline mentally unbalanced.
I'm honestly kind of impressed how quickly you were able to make this about Iger.
Sorry Bairstow, I'm sure you can tell that was not directed at you.

the.dreamfinder

From Cartoon Brew’s report:
Though shocking to the public, Lasseter’s behavior has been one of the animation industry’s worst-kept secrets, known to many Pixar employees. Sources additionally tell Cartoon Brew that there has allegedly been at least one financial settlement from the Walt Disney Company over Lasseter’s actions. This implies that the behavior went on with the knowledge of Disney and Pixar Animation Studios president Ed Catmull and Disney CEO Bob Iger.http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-r...-absence-pixar-following-missteps-154881.html

FigmentJedi

The whole hype machine surrounding Lasseter crumbled for me years ago when he fired Chris Sanders and turned American Dog into the very bland Bolt and became increasingly more fixated on Cars. This is how I took the news

brb1006

JL's issues with alcohol were alluded to by Spirit on multiple occasions, As were his huge differences in opinion WRT creatives at Disney. Iger has wanted him out since forever, Don't worry Rohde will be next. Spirit never noted JL as a pig just an drunk.

But what the heck he'll be replaced by some Stanford Business School grad who knows all about making profitable movies...
Of course you had to bring up Iger as usual.

WDWTank

The whole hype machine surrounding Lasseter crumbled for me years ago when he fired Chris Sanders and turned American Dog into the very bland Bolt and became increasingly more fixated on Cars. This is how I took the news

Yeah why did he fire all of those Animators?! :(

smile

Though shocking to the public, Lasseter’s behavior has been one of the animation industry’s worst-kept secrets, known to many Pixar employees. Sources additionally tell Cartoon Brew that there has allegedly been at least one financial settlement from the Walt Disney Company over Lasseter’s actions. This implies that the behavior went on with the knowledge of Disney and Pixar Animation Studios president Ed Catmull and Disney CEO Bob Iger.http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-r...-absence-pixar-following-missteps-154881.html

I'm honestly kind of impressed how quickly Cartoon Brew was able to make this about Iger.

peter11435

Can’t. That’s not my place. The media needs to scrutinize the behavior of those at 1401 Flower Street in the hope that victims can find the security to speak out and an outlet won’t be afraid to run a piece.
We've been through this before, if you know something about a crime being commited especially one as serious as you are speaking about then it absolutely is your place.

HauntedMansionFLA

JL's issues with alcohol were alluded to by Spirit on multiple occasions, As were his huge differences in opinion WRT creatives at Disney. Iger has wanted him out since forever, Don't worry Rohde will be next. Spirit never noted JL as a pig just an drunk.

But what the heck he'll be replaced by some Stanford Business School grad who knows all about making profitable movies...
Charlie Rose was toast within 24 hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom