What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
2.95 miles in absolutely gorgeous cool weather - 49 degrees! Woo hoo.

Decided to mix up my usually route a little. The street I run down , I decided to also run up since it has an incline, slope and big curve similar to that ramp on Osceola Parkway....you know the one I mean. Slowly ran most of it. My goal is to be able to run that at a race pace so I can kill that dang Disney ramp....

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm not the type to ever retire. I'm sick at home for three days (a slight cold that has been luring for weeks finally turned into a 'you-cant-try-to-work-anymore' kind of cold) and I'm anxious to still do slight pieces of work.

I do, it's the only thing that gets me through those 60 minutes. I dislike biking a lot, but its the best way to work on my condition without putting to much pressure on muscles or shins. I can't run too often or long during a week so I have to train smarter. Preventing a shin split :)

Besides: it's better to have that boring stationary bike. I'm not there to make miles, but to train on giving a constant output, condition/heart rate wise. Indoor machine's are the best to track and monitor that.

Very true. I many times bike for 30 minutes after an hour training session.

JillC LI

Sunday was my 19 miler....ugh. Maintained a 10:45 pace with difficulty.

Yesterday for my ego's sake I did an 8:22 one mile "sprint" lol.

Never feel you need an ego boost after completing 19 miles! :)

I have both a 5th gen and Touch Nano. Use Bose SoundSport wireless earbuds. Found them on Amazon (of course). Not cheap, but instead of the funky around the ear hooks that many sports ear buds have, which don't fit my weird ears (thanks, Dad), these have soft silicone tips (come with three sizes) with a tab that fits in the grove of your ear. I got the bundled pack that included a charging case for travel. I prefer Bose - great quality and sound. And all their earbuds, whether wired or wireless, include a clip so you can clip them to your shirt or collar - I hate things bouncing on the back of my neck when running.

Do you use a bluetooth dongle with your 5th gen nano? Can you recommend a decent one? They get such crappy reviews on amazon.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Do you use a bluetooth dongle with your 5th gen nano? Can you recommend a decent one? They get such crappy reviews on amazon.

No, I always used wired headphones, so I could use the built in FM radio function to listen to NPR in the AM when walking. I bought a Bluetooth dongle years ago, a Jabra if I remember, to sync my BlackBerry to my work computer, but could never get it to work.

Visit CNET.com and see if they have any recommendations. I always trust their advice since they put electronic gizmos through lots of tests.

dreamfinder

2.5@2i@8 yesterday, bike today. Brought home a yellow lab pup last night, adorable little ball of fuzz. Going to see if we can get her to run more than the one in my profile pic.

I pity you poor people who have to get up at 5am to go to the gym..... Ah, the joys of retirement....sleeping in, well, as long as the cat will let me. ;)

5am would be a glorious sleep in. It's been 4am for years now. : ( And thanks to that new pup it was 3am today.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.5@2i@8 yesterday, bike today. Brought home a yellow lab pup last night, adorable little ball of fuzz. Going to see if we can get her to run more than the one in my profile pic.

Awwwww. Congrats on the addition to your family. You'll have to post some pictures of that little ball of fuzz. I remember those days of getting up with a puppy. Tried putting an old windup alarm clock in his bed to help him sleep..didn't work. Bringing him into bed with me did.

RunningKoen

15 KM (9.3m) race. One of the most famous/prestigious ones in The Netherlands, and I failed big time, with a time of 1:16:26. For the first time in four years I'm below the 12km/h pace.

Even at Disney, when taking photostops, I was above that pace.

The medal is ugly and the shirt is even worse (didnt buy it). Rant rant rant.

Texas84

15 KM (9.3m) race. One of the most famous/prestigious ones in The Netherlands, and I failed big time, with a time of 1:16:26. For the first time in four years I'm below the 12km/h pace.

Even at Disney, when taking photostops, I was above that pace.

The medal is ugly and the shirt is even worse (didnt buy it). Rant rant rant.

Well, you finished so you get a Like. We all have bad days. :)

Texas84

Sick last week with some sinus issue and didn't run during the week. Felt better so ran 7 Saturday and 17 Sunday. Tweaked my right knee on a downhill about mile 13 but it's already feeling better. Probably should have quit but pressed on and finished. The wind Sunday was brutal but surprisingly my time was not that bad, even with the bad knee.

Atlanta Thanksgiving half this Thursday. Work up that appetite for turkey dinner!

dreamfinder

Knee was still not right over the weekend, had to cut my long run seriously short. So today was a leg day with a short bike afterwards. Need to try to work a leg day back in, thinking I'll cut out a bike day.

Awwwww. Congrats on the addition to your family.
I loooove puppies!!! Enjoy!

Thanks. Knock on wood, so far so good. Overnight bathroom breaks are every 3 hours, so that's good but she wants to play afterwards or she won't settle down, so it adds 15-20 mins to what should be a quick thing. Forgot how sharp those little puppy teeth are.

JillC LI

3.2 miles on TM at 8pm last night. Hate to run so late but it was the only time I could squeeze it in.
I finally solved the problem of my TM being on a perpetual angle as confirmed by the manufacturer. I bought two solid rubber doorstops and put one under each back foot of the treadmill. Voila! The pacing is still totally off on the stupid machine, but at least I didn't feel like I was running uphill the whole time last night. Finally.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
After two weeks of doing nothing because of visiting family and a cold (well my "nothing" included walking about 15 miles one weekend and more than 25 the next) I finally got in a 3.6 mile run with my group training tonight. Our coach decide to have us run the route for a local race that will take place the first weekend in December. It was nice doing it this evening but race day is another story - thousands of runners going uphill and then downhill on narrow cobblestone streets which often are icy or just wet and slippery in temperatures rarely higher than 40 degrees. I'll stick to the evening walking event thru the countryside on wide country lanes (and with fewer participants).

LAKid53

Premium Member
After two weeks of doing nothing because of visiting family and a cold (well my "nothing" included walking about 15 miles one weekend and more than 25 the next) I finally got in a 3.6 mile run with my group training tonight. Our coach decide to have us run the route for a local race that will take place the first weekend in December. It was nice doing it this evening but race day is another story - thousands of runners going uphill and then downhill on narrow cobblestone streets which often are icy or just wet and slippery in temperatures rarely higher than 40 degrees. I'll stick to the evening walking event thru the countryside on wide country lanes (and with fewer participants).

That course sounds like a recipe for a few spills. Your plan is best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom