New gastropub to replace Captain's Grille at Disney's Yacht Club

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I can hear it now, “could I get the stone grain, walnut, carrow wheat pancakes with the organic pomegranate purée, withoutout the stone grain, carrow wheat, and can I have blue berries and maple syrup instead of the organic pomegranate purée? I’d really like buttermilk pancakes with blueberries.”

Disney, why is it feeling like someone who hates Disney in charge of the de-Disneyfication of the Yacht Club?

Because they are, The mantra in Burbank is 'Theme Parks are Stupid Entertainment for Stupid People'. By removing the 'Disney Theming' they feel as though they are upgrading the resort so they can cater to a better class of guests,

NiarrNDisney

The Menu looks pretty good! I can't wait to try the Smoked Trout Spread, Grapeleaf wrapped Baked Goat Cheese, Hearth Oven Pies and the Seared Scrod.

surfsupdon

As a Yacht Club snob, I think the new restaurant looks great! Nice color palette, and it looks nautically sleek. It also sports some new Christmas decor...that garland swag is not the usual ship wheel wreaths that used to adorn that area.

The new quick service and now this table service are in sharp contrast to the dark decor at Yachtsman and Crews Cup. Wonder if we will see an update there.

fngoofy

Here's hoping the food has more spice than the decor...
My thoughts exactly. If you are going to call it "Ale and Compass" then I need to see a decor that has wood, model schooners, compasses, barometers made of brass....
Basically the decor of the Green Cabin at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.
GCR-Lounge-500x333.jpg

green-cabin.jpg

Bocabear

Where do they put the casket for services? The dull, repetitive, gastropub decor is already 5 years dated. The food looks fine, but it’s just another step as Disney Resorts marches towards being like everyone outside the property. Trends are fleeting, storytelling is lasting.
OMG I was thinking the same thing! It looks like a Mauseleum or funeral home....
Ok, so paint out all the existing architecture of the rooms gray, put in Diner style booths and metal chairs and add pre-worn carpet....and that is supposed to be evocative of a gastropub restaurant in an expensive 1940s era yacht club?
This kind of interior is more suited to Disney Springs than a premium flagship rsort hotel boasting some of the most expensive accomodations on property....And I wish I didn't have to say it, but yes...this is a common look that can be found most places...it certainly doesn't have the "Disney Difference".... and the food looks sad....I mean literally unhappy to be on those depressing plates....even the blueberries look like they are trying to run away....

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom