The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Black Friday apparently moved to Black Thursday this year :cautious::cautious: so it looks like I'll be getting up at 4:15 on Thanksgiving instead of the day after. Le sigh....
Its been that way for a while over here. The catch is I never went on Black Thursday or Black Friday.

I am in no condition on Thanksgiving to shop because of all the tasty food my parent make for Thanksgiving. I shop online on Friday and Cyber Monday. I don't want to take a chance of me getting trampled on inside a store on Black Friday.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I love wood--that ceiling is amazing, as is the floor. Even the dining table and chairs carry the wood theme. Talk about warm and cozy!!

I'm intrigued by the use of the subtle spotlights and that chandelier is so nice, too.

All the details work in that room. I like that accent rug in front of the fireplace. Interior designers are such a talented group, that work with you guys who design the architecture of these mammoth houses.

Thanks again, Minnie!!! :)
Yes, the interior designers are amazing, but, we work with many of them, and we have our own ideas as well. It's a give and take, and, ultimately, what the client decides is best for them...!!! ;)

donaldtoo

Our December cruise is out of Miami going to San Juan, Amber Cove, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. I'd like to cruise out of Galveston sometime but the next cruise planning is looking to be out of Baltimore. :)

Awesome!!! :)
We're looking forward to our first cruise...!!! :)
We haven't even been on a week-long vacation since June of '13. :confused:
Yes, we did the Princess 5K in WDW back in Feb. of '16, but, we flew in late on a Wednesday night, only hit MK and EPCOT Center ;) between the run/walk, and flew back home Sat. afternoon. Whirlwind city... :cyclops:

MOXOMUMD

Broccoli/cauliflower casserole..that sounds delicious. What is in it? Is it a creamy type thing? We always did green bean casserole and it was my favorite.
It's almost the same concept except we use condensed cheddar cheese soup with extra velveeta chunks melted into it with a dry stuffing (like Stove Top) baked as a crusty crumble on top instead of the friend onions.

SteveBrickNJ

I'm hoping everybody is excited for my one year anniversary on WDWMagic....this Sunday 11/19 :rolleyes::cool::D
I'm not likely to be online that day 'cause we'll be in The Big Apple...home in the evening though :)
Saturday's plan is to leave home tomorrow @ 9:30AM
Catch the 10:44AM train from Iselin NJ to NYC Penn Station
See MACY'S....then walk past the city's landmark Library.....then arrive at St. Patrick's Cathedral
Rain is predicted to start at 3PM :(.....but the Hilton's check in is at 3PM as well
6:30PM we have a dinner reservation
8PM....off to a show
At least if we get wet we'll also have fun :joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

I'm hoping everybody is excited for my one year anniversary on WDWMagic....this Sunday 11/19 :rolleyes::cool::D
I'm not likely to be online that day 'cause we'll be in The Big Apple...home in the evening though :)
Saturday's plan is to leave home tomorrow @ 9:30AM
Catch the 10:44AM train from Iselin NJ to NYC Penn Station
See MACY'S....then walk past the city's landmark Library.....then arrive at St. Patrick's Cathedral
Rain is predicted to start at 3PM :(.....but the Hilton's check in is at 3PM as well
6:30PM we have a dinner reservation
8PM....off to a show
At least if we get wet we'll also have fun :joyfull:
Sounds like an exciting weekend for your family!! Happy Sweet Sixteen to your dd!!:)
My family. Well, we actually have family coming from NJ to spend Saturday with us and then Sunday we get to go to Allentown for dd’s first cheer competition of the season. 2 hours there, 2 hours back and in between 4 hours of sitting except for when dd’s team performs for 2.5 minutes. :rolleyes: But in the end she loves it and it will be the first time her aunts and cousins will watch her perform. So it will be fun.

Cesar R M

LOL that's not actually how this works. Thanksgiving day sales are a byproduct of e-commerce, not "people showing up". They need the extra day of sales to compete with companies like Amazon.

Also, with the sales in the morning instead of during turkey dinner time, it doesn't affect anyone's Thanksgiving plans anyway. Except, maybe that we'll all yawn a bit more or need a nap.
Thats a good compromise. A lot of my online friends who worked retail get very angry or depressed to be forced to work on turkey day because "sales must go!"

SteveBrickNJ

Sounds like an exciting weekend for your family!! Happy Sweet Sixteen to your dd!!:)
My family. Well, we actually have family coming from NJ to spend Saturday with us and then Sunday we get to go to Allentown for dd’s first cheer competition of the season. 2 hours there, 2 hours back and in between 4 hours of sitting except for when dd’s team performs for 2.5 minutes. :rolleyes: But in the end she loves it and it will be the first time her aunts and cousins will watch her perform. So it will be fun.
Good luck to your DD
.....and safe travels :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Love this idea.

Talking to you is a matter of respect. And needs to be respected by all when it comes to people not omitting the primary person from a conversation just because they have a slight disability.

Or a simple EXCUSE ME, I'm right here, speak to me please. Or better get up and leave, saying something like I see I am not needed here. Sometimes people need a brick to hit them in the head to be respectful.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yep @Gabe1 , the windchimes are blowing like mad! I looked at our weather station and wind speed is 22mph. Looks like rain is coming too. :(

We got the rain, I'm hoping not for the snow. We got it at the end of the last week but I missed it being in Central IL.

Tomorrow calling for rain, wet snow (maybe) and 40-50 mph winds. So Not Amused.

FLORIDA!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom