Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

JBIRDTO

My only negative comment on the land/ride was that most CMs were playing the role of Disney employee. No one was in character as part of the expedition company. Talked about how long they worked for Disney, their hours and their food service experience.

Not a big deal as they are used to answering questions from guests. I just think they have a big opportunity to plus the theming and suspension of reality if they did a better job with character. I am not sure if anyone else has had different experiences. I truly love this land and FOP. Could not get on the river journey due to lack of time.

djkidkaz

My only negative comment on the land/ride was that most CMs were playing the role of Disney employee. No one was in character as part of the expedition company. Talked about how long they worked for Disney, their hours and their food service experience.

Not a big deal as they are used to answering questions from guests. I just think they have a big opportunity to plus the theming and suspension of reality if they did a better job with character. I am not sure if anyone else has had different experiences. I truly love this land and FOP. Could not get on the river journey due to lack of time.

I think you will see the same thing in Star Wars. At the end of the day you are not hiring actors, your hiring real people who are just coming to work to get paid. There is a very limited amount of people you are going to hire off the street who want to work 40 hours a week and pretend to be from Endor.

JBIRDTO

I totally get it. I have not been to either of the Harry Potter lands but I had the impression it was more immersive from a CM standpoint. I may be wrong. Any experiences there?

sedati

I totally get it. I have not been to either of the Harry Potter lands but I had the impression it was more immersive from a CM standpoint. I may be wrong. Any experiences there?
Well, I only just got to experience both the Potter lands, and I was expecting to hear some attempts at English accents. But I noticed not one cast member even tried to sound like they were from the UK- not in the rides or shops that I went into.

At Pandora I did have a few Cast members who tried to engage a little by at least eluding to the fact that we were on an alien planet. One of them I asked how long the days were on Pandora compared to earth. I could see him struggling as if trying to recall something he may have been told, but he ended up just saying that they were comparable.

What I hope is the case with these kinds of lands is that some cast members will really get into it and hopefully they’ll be rewarded with long time positions.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
IMG_20171114_154332.jpg
Here's a pic of the Hallelujah Mountains from today....other than that I got nothin...

Movielover

I've had plenty of interactions with regular CM's there who were in some form of character as a witch or wizard. None did a British accent but I was expecting them not too. Thats just too much work!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I bet Disney wins that award a lot. They got it for Mission Breakout as well.

I look forward to the awards for: Stitch's replacement, Speedway update, UoE overhaul, Circle of Life update, Gran Fiesta overlay, TGMR overhauls, and likely the updates/replacements/reimagining of Mermaid show, BatB show, Indy show, and Tiki Room.

Last edited:

No Name

How many rides in a year get 'reimagined'?

The Awards for Outstanding Achievement are very loose. TEA can and often does give out no award in certain categories, give out multiple, and create new ones. And there's no set total number they give out each year. Basically they decide what they feel is deserving of an award, and then an award is conjured. They do it that way because the industry isn't consistent, like you pointed out.

I bet Disney wins that award a lot. They got it for Mission Breakout as well.

The kicker is, they've never given out an "Attraction Reimagining" award before.

Last edited:

Pixieish

I think you will see the same thing in Star Wars. At the end of the day you are not hiring actors, your hiring real people who are just coming to work to get paid. There is a very limited amount of people you are going to hire off the street who want to work 40 hours a week and pretend to be from Endor.

I think you're wrong on that one...I can name like 20 people off the top of my head that would jump at the chance to be paid to dress as ANYTHING having to do with SW.

david10225

We we're at AK on Friday. The wait for this ride was posted at 5 hours...not a typo. That is crazy. Heard more than one person talking about how Incredible the ride was. We we're pyched! One person said they had been on it 8 times already. Had FP
. short wait to the first room. Our room was 3 seats empty so not going out full. Anyway sorry but this is way over hyped. All 4 in our group said a good ride but similar to Soring. My millennials in my party prefer a ride that is not a simulator. Group rating 3.5 stars and worth a 40 minute wait. I think the demand is based on no new major attractions and everyone wanting to ride before heading home and being asked about it. My opinion only of course.

Tom Morrow

My only negative comment on the land/ride was that most CMs were playing the role of Disney employee. No one was in character as part of the expedition company.
I noticed this too. For a new, heavily themed IP land, themed phrases and such should be emphasized. I think a problem here is though is currently there is only one movie to draw any inspiration for theming from and most people aren't too familiar with the details of the film or Pandora. It's not like Potter where there's a huge, built-up fictional world to draw theming inspiration from.

Edit: Oh, I see this was already discussed on this page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom