Surprise trip gone wrong?

DfromATX

Awww. Those kids were just obviously looking forward to going to Winnipeg (lol) and spending time with their family. I think kids can be happy anywhere as long as the people that they care about are there. They probably couldn't even imagine Disney World. They only just knew their parents changed plans on something they were looking forward to. I think that was the cause of the reaction.

DfromATX

I think we'd all have to agree as well, that the video with the kids where they're in NC, the eldest boy is at that age where, among his peers, Disney isn't a "boy" place to go with all the princesses and stuff. Sure, there's Star Wars and other offerings for boys, but in the video he honestly looks like he'd take a root canal over going to Disney, lol. He just seems to be a typical teenage boy.

Plus being a teenage boy, if it was his first time to go, he may not have been too thrilled about going. Like others have said, a lot of us have "indoctrinated" our children starting at an early age so they love it no matter how old they get. My sons (15 and 21) say a lot of their peers "tease" them about loving Disney and they both have to explain how it's not just for babies, etc.

21stamps

I don’t understand when this “obsession” with Disney became such a thing.. maybe it was always around and I just wasn’t exposed to it until stumbling on the Disney forums.

If your fandom causes you to not understand how children could be disappointed over the cancellation of a hyped up trip with Family., then you may want to take a moment privately to reflect on those thoughts.

Driver

That's not what I'm talking about. A child the age of three has never experienced anything even close to being in the same realm as Disney World, so even trying to explain it to them wouldn't work because they have no previous knowledge of anything similar. I mean, I suppose you could use a carnival, or fair, or local theme park (if they've ever been to one of those), but they still don't even come close. So in the mind of a small child, "Disney World" is just some abstract idea that they can't really grasp until they see it. Those two boys from the article knew their cousins, knew they had a lot of fun visiting them before, so to go from "visiting cousins" to "going to some place you may have heard of but really don't understand" is naturally a huge letdown for them.
Ok that makes sense

KBLovedDisney

Whenever I see reactions like these, I wonder just how much influential Disney 'down-talking' did the parents (or close relatives) do...like did they make the kids believe first off that they were going to hate just based on the opinions? Elder influential power is crazy.

DfromATX

Everyone forgets about these beauties?

Disneyland but classic

All those kids were really cute. I've seen the little girl in the bottom video lots of times on facebook. I think a lot of people have made memes of her facial expressions. She's famous now lol.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They're only brats if they don't know what it is... Like... I mean.. For all they know, it could just be a small park with a Disney merry-go-round. How are they supposed to know?

It makes more sense to keep the surprise until they actually get inside those Magic Kingdom gates! THEN get their reaction when they see the castle!!

Pixieish

They're only brats if they don't know what it is... Like... I mean.. For all they know, it could just be a small park with a Disney merry-go-round. How are they supposed to know?

It makes more sense to keep the surprise until they actually get inside those Magic Kingdom gates! THEN get their reaction when they see the castle!!

How does not knowing what Disney World or Disneyland make them brats?

ColinP29

Ive seen others similar to this one. They always make me mad... ungrateful little brats.... My guess is the poor kids werent raised in a proper Disney home, otherwise they would be jumping for joy. I would have done anything as a kid to have heard my parents say those words... Were going to Disney!!

I get the point you are trying to make but assuming that those 'poor kids' had some form of deprived upbringing just because they weren't as excited about Disney as you expected them to be, is a pretty horrible attitude to have.

eliza61nyc

I don’t understand when this “obsession” with Disney became such a thing.. maybe it was always around and I just wasn’t exposed to it until stumbling on the Disney forums.

If your fandom causes you to not understand how children could be disappointed over the cancellation of a hyped up trip with Family., then you may want to take a moment privately to reflect on those thoughts.

Absolutely!! one of the things I see on these fan boards that make my skin crawled is when parents use the children as ammo to go to disney and it unfortunately always seems to be the mom. We've hear them all the time..

1) the kids will only be little for a short while, we have to go
2) we have "magical' vacations (disclosure: I now hate and loathe the use of the word "magical"), where the family is together.
this one always has me asking, "what do you do the other 51 weeks of the year, do you ignore your kids"??

As much as I love the mouseworld and I do, we have had many "magical" vacations elsewhere and believe me Disney is a business, lol if you cannot pay that pixie dust goes away quick fast and in a hurry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom