Things you wish Disney would sell that is park or ride based

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
So, I have had this one item that I really wish Disney would make and sell. It would be a lighted/chasing-lights/led/etc. photo of the Epcot ground (or concrete) lights that come on at night.

a.k.a this:
maxresdefault.jpg

There was even one year that I decided to try and make this with a black craft board and loose led lights. It didn't turn out well.

If they sold this, I would snatch up a few to put up in my cubicle and my house.

What is something that you wish Disney would make and sell from their parks?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I would kill for more merchandise of some of Disney's less popular animated features, specifically from the dark age and post-renaissance eras.

Walt d

So, I have had this one item that I really wish Disney would make and sell. It would be a lighted/chasing-lights/led/etc. photo of the Epcot ground (or concrete) lights that come on at night.

a.k.a this:
maxresdefault.jpg

There was even one year that I decided to try and make this with a black craft board and loose led lights. It didn't turn out well.

If they sold this, I would snatch up a few to put up in my cubicle and my house.

Your

Walt d

So your a imagineer. With a idea. At mgm, i talked with a cast member. That came up wite ear hats. That were liighted. He was geting ready to show the imagineers his proto type. The rest is history now. You should write them wirh your idea, good luck to you

Pixieish

a.k.a this:
maxresdefault.jpg

A much easier way to make that would be to get a black board (shocard or matte board) and use paints that light up when you shine a black-light on them. It sounds cheesy, but when done right, the effect can look really awesome.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
A much easier way to make that would be to get a black board (shocard or matte board) and use paints that light up when you shine a black-light on them. It sounds cheesy, but when done right, the effect can look really awesome.
The only thing that would be missing from the effect is the movement. That is the part that really gets me. I used led lights last time and made a lit up night sky effect, but the downside was the way that I made the board connected with the lights. The whole contraption came out super bulky and kinda elementary (then again I did make that when I was in high school).

While writing the above, I just had a thought. Maybe I should try this again, but with color changing fiber optics and instead of just a flat board, I could use a shadow box with a separate black board on the inside. That way the fiber optic equipment won't be seen or take up necessary space because it will be behind that extra black piece. Yep, I am going to try that.

More so easier said than done.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
The only thing that would be missing from the effect is the movement. That is the part that really gets me. I used led lights last time and made a lit up night sky effect, but the downside was the way that I made the board connected with the lights. The whole contraption came out super bulky and kinda elementary (then again I did make that when I was in high school).

While writing the above, I just had a thought. Maybe I should try this again, but with color changing fiber optics and instead of just a flat board, I could use a shadow box with a separate black board on the inside. That way the fiber optic equipment won't be seen or take up necessary space because it will be behind that extra black piece. Yep, I am going to try that.

If Disney does decide to do something like this, they could also make Shadowbox pictures of Cinderella's castle with animated fireworks.

These would sell like hot-cakes.

Pixieish

HAHAHA...yeah, light timing, sequence...yuck!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster

Phonedave

It's actually easier to do it the way they do it at WDW. Get your fiber optics - heck, you can get a fiber optice color changing christmas tree after the season for next to nothing.Place the ends of the fibers in a board (foamcore) in the pattern you want, and then pour your material on top of that (from the backside) use lightweight concrete, flowable fille, epoxy, or whatever else you choose. When it is cured, you strip off the foam core and polish the surface. It will work much better that way. Getting the ends of the fibers to sitck in foam core or carboard is going to be a royal pain.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom